[News] [Official Update] LG is NO MORE releasing his Bootloader unlock solution

Search This thread

wolfgart

Sep 14, 2007
Rome
Last official update

LG is not releasing nothing.

I have sold my G3 yesterday

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old News

LG has just answered me about my request to have an official LG G3 bootloader unlock solution !!!!

Dear *******

Thank you for your feedback regarding bootloader unlock and
we are sorry for any inconvenience and disappointment that have been caused by lack of support for bootloader unlock on the latest LG smartphones.

We are already aware of many developers’ requests and opinions on bootloader unlock.
So we have been preparing a server to provide safer bootloader unlock.
Also, we are internally discussing the target model and the time of providing bootloader unlock.
However, it will take some more time due to the technical restrictions, security issues, and the policy of mobile carriers.

We deeply apologize that we are unable to support bootloader unlock right now and would like to ask for your kind understanding.
We will let you know more specific information when the support policy for bootloader unlock is decided.

Best Regards,
LG

We'll have an official Bootloader solution for G3 in few time !!!!

p.s. : Personally i grant LG until the end of August.

If in this time they don't officially release nothing, i'll let my final considerations about this device....

Last edited:

saitch76

Nov 27, 2008
Enjoy Guys !!!

LG has just answered me about my request to have an official LG G3 bootloader unlock solution !!!!

Dear *******

we are sorry for any inconvenience and disappointment that have been caused by lack of support for bootloader unlock on the latest LG smartphones.

We are already aware of many developers’ requests and opinions on bootloader unlock.
Also, we are internally discussing the target model and the time of providing bootloader unlock.
However, it will take some more time due to the technical restrictions, security issues, and the policy of mobile carriers.

We deeply apologize that we are unable to support bootloader unlock right now and would like to ask for your kind understanding.
We will let you know more specific information when the support policy for bootloader unlock is decided.

Best Regards,
LG

Great work!

LPirro

Aug 6, 2010
Is it joke ? You are senior member and does not know advantages of unlocked bootloader ?
Please use search for explanation.

I unlocked the bootloader on Nexus 5 for root, recovery, etc. But don't know the advantages on G3. I think it's the same, for install AOSP ROMs, etc.

Last edited:

tee00max

Jun 19, 2009
Atlanta, GA
We will see if this is true and they actually stick to their word, or either it was an email just to get a reply and they just keep going about their daily routines. Im still banking on one of the devs to make a solution before LG.

Reactions: Trinaaa and tschmid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Last official update

LG is not releasing nothing.

I have sold my G3 yesterday

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old News

Dear *******

Best Regards,
    LG

p.s. : Personally i grant LG until the end of August.

If in this time they don't officially release nothing, i'll let my final considerations about this device....
    hope we can get unlock soon, seeing iphone 6 or Z3 comming later than G3, but dont like a lot and still have a hope .... if note 4 comming and still G3 locked, i think will have to re-think

Sell your G3, unlock isn't worth waiting for. The Note 4 will take twice as long to unlock. Sell Note 4 for the LG G4, then we'll be right back where we started.

Will purchase 1+1 this weekend and sell g3 asap! Tired of this status qou when it comes to BL unlock and good LG updates. We have 2 devs working on unlock and they r not working hard like u all say. It is not a priority for them but only a fun when they have time so it will take a very long time before they succed if they ever do.

Great! I hear the OnePlusOne is much better than the G3, and it has better devs than me working on it. As an upside to you selling your G3 asap, I won't have to deal with or support your phone when an unlock is released :)
    I'm definitely not working hard on the unlock at all. I mean, it's not like I've spent many hours writing root toolkits for you to unlock your phone to screw with it as you please, or done anything noteworthy.

I vote we close the G3 forums, the G3 doesn't matter any more, y'all who can't wait should sell your phones or get a refund and get an iPhone 6 - that's what I'm doing (minus returning my G3, mine will be great once I get it unlocked).

To everyone who hasn't complained, thanks. I appreciate the support. To those who are complaining, screw off and get a new phone. I don't feel like unlocking yours.
    Anyone heard anything from @JustinCase and the Sunshine boys?

He's @jcase and I'd seriously kill for LG support from them. G2 and G3 would be awesome then.

beaups and I are considering it
    What a self indulgent nonsense rant. Grow Up!

I'd rather not have your unlock solution when you behave like this!

Self-indulgent? I can't even.

I've been professional, kind, and courteous to everyone - including the people that have been calling me out and causing ruckus for a very long time. But now that I've called a heckler out and facetiously told him to go away you believe I'm behaving badly?
    It would be prudent to review my previous behavior on this forum and then tell me if you think my response was unwarranted.

I stand steadfastly by my previous statement that people who are going to whine should purchase another phone, as I have no intention of developing for people whose intention is to rile up trouble and cause me grief.
    Okay, I might have lied about not having it done yet... plz2not be mad :)

ATT Variant: http://xdaforums.com/att-lg-g3/orig-development/bump-unlock-lg-g3-twrp-t2900569
    Others soon to come, once I edit my forum post for each device.

To those of you who thought we couldn't or wouldn't, ha! you were wrong - go cry in the corner.