Fix Netflix on any custom rom

Search This thread

J0SH1X

Account currently disabled
Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
This is the way how I got Netflix to work on my bootloader unlocked LG g4 with rr Rom

1. Download magisk v13 beta and install it and newest magisk manager
2.enable core mode and magisk hide
3.enable magisk hide for all Google services and playstore
4.reboot and check it Netflix appears in playstore if yes continue if not you've done something wrong
5.if Netflix appear switch to browser and download latest Netflix apk and install it.
6. Open app and try to play something it should work

If you done everything correctly you should be able to play Netflix on any custom rom and download movies from. Netflix again.

If you like my post leave a thanks

Screenshot_20170617-141141.png
8dfdb962c89eae7c72af2d64044add60.jpg
04570245cfdc06f88605cd3a34d3070b.jpg
788184844ba741e667e7a198ff8c4410.jpg

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

se1988

Nov 24, 2008
All Your Base
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
You dont need core mode, or Magisk Hide for specific apps. Just activate the Magisk Hide slider in app. Doing this only will also pass Safety Net.

IME hiding for spesific apps sometimes creates problems. Dont hide for a specific app until you find the need to.

Reactions: nostalgiacafe

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
You dont need core mode, or Magisk Hide for specific apps. Just activate the Magisk Hide slider in app. Doing this only will also pass Safety Net.

IME hiding for spesific apps sometimes creates problems. Dont hide for a specific app until you find the need to.
Thx but I tried like 3 weeks to get Netflix to work and that was the only method that worked

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
Do you mean to download? Because thats the only limitation they have set so far. If you couldnt get it to work, thats another issue, not related to Lineage.
No Netflix at all it always gave me error 13 and like that it's working for me so if you disagree that's your point but for me it's only working like that

Akopps

Jan 19, 2015
This probably still will not make Netflix play videos in Full HD mode. Has anyone confirmed that the Netflix videos still play in HD or FHD with this? Netflix has a strict policy of playing HD content only on Android devices that were tested and approved by them (using only stock ROMs of course).

LadySarah

Mar 10, 2012
Maybe a bit late, but I am using Parallel Space with complete working Netflix (and others that do not work on rooted devices)

I used Magisk v.16.4 and with 16.0 too) to fix the Netflix problem on Lineage 15.1 on my S4 (i9505), it partially works: I followed the instructions of the first post. Both times I see it and I can install Netflix from Play Store but then Netflix says that the app is not compatible. Did I forgot to do something in Magisk? I also use the module to fix the certification of the device. I don't want to use the old app, too many features are missing.

Reactions: simply_shubh

simply_shubh

May 13, 2018
New Delhi
Exactly same thing Happeing to m After flashing resseruction remix(7.1)on my zuk z1!

Didi you finding any solutions regarding this??
I used Magisk v.16.4 and with 16.0 too) to fix the Netflix problem on Lineage 15.1 on my S4 (i9505), it partially works: I followed the instructions of the first post. Both times I see it and I can install Netflix from Play Store but then Netflix says that the app is not compatible. Did I forgot to do something in Magisk? I also use the module to fix the certification of the device. I don't want to use the old app, too many features are missing.

Last edited:

LadySarah

Mar 10, 2012

I wish I had! I tried 100 times. I made it work until the install point. Then if I try to login I got the notification that the app is not compatible. The only one that works is an older one (you can download it from Netflix support) with a lot of missing features... I asked to another user in the Lineage OS 15.1 for i9505 thread that said that Netflix and Google Pay work with Magisk but he couldn't explain how he did make them work ... he said that he just used Magisk Hide and then install the .apk and everything works. It's a pity because I really like Lineage 15.1. It has a good battery life. Only NFC is not working. I can live without it for now but without Netflix :( :crying:

Reactions: simply_shubh

argumon

Jul 23, 2010
I also had problems, but got them solved. I had Netflix running on a Samsung T310 with LineageOS 14.1. a few weeks ago, the app required new logon, but always displayed that my password is wrong though I double checked it several times. I installed Magisk and enabled Stealth Mode for Netflix. The problem still resists. In Titanium Backup I deleted the application data for Netflix. After that I could log in again and everything works.

ghost_02

Apr 20, 2013
italia
This is the way how I got Netflix to work on my bootloader unlocked LG g4 with rr Rom

4.reboot and check it Netflix appears in playstore if yes continue if not you've done something wrong
5.if Netflix appear switch to browser and download latest Netflix apk and install it.

If you done everything correctly you should be able to play Netflix on any custom rom and download movies from. Netflix again.

View attachment 4184864

Thanks a lot it worked.
I didn't know what to do and now I can have netflix again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Screenshot_20170617-141141.png

Maybe a bit late, but I am using Parallel Space with complete working Netflix (and others that do not work on rooted devices)

I wish I had! I tried 100 times. I made it work until the install point. Then if I try to login I got the notification that the app is not compatible. The only one that works is an older one (you can download it from Netflix support) with a lot of missing features... I asked to another user in the Lineage OS 15.1 for i9505 thread that said that Netflix and Google Pay work with Magisk but he couldn't explain how he did make them work ... he said that he just used Magisk Hide and then install the .apk and everything works. It's a pity because I really like Lineage 15.1. It has a good battery life. Only NFC is not working. I can live without it for now but without Netflix :( :crying: