- PLEASE READ - POST ALL ICS INFO HERE ONLY - All Others Will Be Locked -

Search This thread

programatix

May 17, 2005
You want to read this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1619630

Sounds like you've been very lucky! Most of the ROM threads are full of problems people have had, and custom roms are often only tested so far. The users do a lot of the testing and bug reporting in general use - complete with bricking, etc. That's one of the reasons flashing a ROM voids your warranty!

In my case I've survived flashing an ICS ROM too, but not without difficulties and the route back to GB was even more perilous.

Hopefully you continue to be lucky and aren't posting about a brick anytime soon.

Getting a hard brick is the easiest for getting a warranty claim as Samsung (any brands actually) has no way of telling what happened. Just act stupid saying upgraded via kies caused that, or plainly act dumb even if you are a geek.

Don't ask how I know cause I like visiting support centre for warranty claim. Changed screen, buttons (equal change screen), battery and etc.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

captainhakan

Oct 24, 2008
We are in 5th month literally and i honestly never thought this could take so long. I could easily be on the whiner's side if i did not flash Criskelo's custom ICS build. If even custom rom builders doing this for hobby in their spare times can do this so great, i would expect all those engineers at Samsung could do much better considering it's their day time job, they work as a crowded team, they have all the resources, and they are properly trained and educated to do this.

Last edited:

Corran

Oct 20, 2010
Problem can be only with your dummy actions. Most people who absolutely don't understand what are they doing trying to flash and not following instructions carefully, after this they got bricks. For example my thread about yellow triangle. Many people get bricks or stucks at black screen. Only because they don't carefully follow instructions!

Ehm. Not true. Or, are the ROM developers that bricked their own phones with their own creations (angelom again, I'm afraid) ignorant?

No. Bleeding edge is just that, bleeding edge. Your mileage will vary. Bricking a phone with a stable time-tested GB release for the Note is probably down to not reading and/or understanding the instructions but when it comes to them pre-release ICS-ones with homecooked best-effort-kernels you may - to no fault of your own - find yourself way down Pain Avenue, adjacent to **** Creek and close to the river of Misery.

Reactions: @denny and emuX

nandihno

Jul 22, 2010
Brisbane
We are in 5th month literally and i honestly never thought this could take so long. I could easily be on the whiner's side if i did not flash Criskelo's custom ICS build. If even custom rom builders doing this for hobby in their spare times can do this so great, i would expect all those engineers at Samsung could do much better considering it's their day time job, they work as a crowded team, they have all the resources, and they are properly trained and educated to do this.

yes is sad that Samsung are the slowest of them all.
most of the tablets have been updated to ICS but look at samsungs GTab 10.1 still running 3.2 in Aus is still 3.1!

i think this time round because of the massive code change from 2.3 to 4.0.3 Samsung needed to modify a large chunk of code.

Mind you that to the avarage user ICS does not bring any extra benefit to the note. Hence the need for the premium pack. If it wasnt for the premium pack am sure that the note would had gotten ICS by now!..
But given the value proposition that it carries (ie taking notes via stylus) samsung needed to re-write and enhance most of their s-memo app.

nevertheless us geeks are not that impressed.. :( am sure though that Samsung already has ICS for the N7000 in UAT testing and ready to do a higher user base testing

senectus

Dec 14, 2004
Perth
Mind you that to the avarage user ICS does not bring any extra benefit to the note. Hence the need for the premium pack. If it wasnt for the premium pack am sure that the note would had gotten ICS by now!..

I'm inclined to think the Premium Suite is actually because they knew they didnt have the resources to get ICS out on time, so the throw in some freebies to sweeten the deal and "shut" the users up.

pretty standard tactic when running behind on a project..

Reactions: kersh and joyo22

captainhakan

Oct 24, 2008
yes is sad that Samsung are the slowest of them all.
most of the tablets have been updated to ICS but look at samsungs GTab 10.1 still running 3.2 in Aus is still 3.1!

i think this time round because of the massive code change from 2.3 to 4.0.3 Samsung needed to modify a large chunk of code.

But given the value proposition that it carries (ie taking notes via stylus) samsung needed to re-write and enhance most of their s-memo app.

nevertheless us geeks are not that impressed.. :( am sure though that Samsung already has ICS for the N7000 in UAT testing and ready to do a higher user base testing

If that's the case i wish they leaked the UAT testing version at least.

moatazeldaly

Mar 30, 2012
Alexandria
Guys when el official Ics is out will it support arabic by defult or i should wait for the uae version of ics? ? pls help and thank you

CreepyDroid

Apr 19, 2012
Guys when el official Ics is out will it support arabic by defult or i should wait for the uae version of ics? ? pls help and thank you

I'm on stunner rom and arabic works juste fine. So unless samsung messes things up, it should work in the official update.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

senectus

Dec 14, 2004
Perth

sonkameja

Jun 1, 2006
people need to stop talking about carrier phones from the U.S. & Canada

I thought this forum was for people who bought this phone unlocked ....

Any idea when we are gonna get official ICS ?

It's embarrassing that friggen at&t will be getting the official release before us real customers who paid an arm and a leg premium to get this phone

senectus

Dec 14, 2004
Perth
people need to stop talking about carrier phones from the U.S. & Canada

I thought this forum was for people who bought this phone unlocked ....

Any idea when we are gonna get official ICS ?

It's embarrassing that friggen at&t will be getting the official release before us real customers who paid an arm and a leg premium to get this phone

This forum is for the n7000 model. Locked or unlocked.
Yes I wish people would stop posting i717 related news, its not really of any help to the holders of n7000 model devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh, come on, this is a training school for girls who want to act victims in horror films not some online mobile phone forum so let them have their moments.
    I think we should encourage them... For all those spoiled mummy's boys/girls who are whining because Santa didn't bring them gold plated bike they wanted...

I would like to take a moment to encourage you two to keep your opinions to yourself. There is a difference between disagreeing with someone and insulting them. Your posts are childish and do not contribute to this thread in any way.

The fact that we can flash custom ICS is NOT a solution in my book, as every kernel so far besides DAFUQ has been based on i9220 leaks, and has the risk of damaging the emmc before and after flashing.

We've gone from first quarter to early second quarter, to mid-to-late second quarter. At least we have official CM9 support now.

The only real thing that I would accept from Samsung is to start releasing source, going down the Sony route. If they released source for their updates, that would provide some really excellent development for our phones, and would extend their lifespan quite a bit.

I really wasn't bothered by all of this until it started to become really clear that they were just wasting as much of the 18-month cycle as possible and/or de- prioritizing N7000 development in favor of their S3 or whatever.

We will vote with our money.
    DUE TO THE MULTIPLE POSTINGS FOR ICS RUMORS/INFORMATION.........
    •••UPDATE•••Most of the Normal Publications have Stated ICS Will Be Released in Q-2 Not to Worry That means in the Next 30-60days most likely.....stay tuned..... 3/17/12
    Please only post ALL ICS information here only All other postings will be deleted

All of the existing ICS rumour threads first post, have been added to this thread for future reference​

Thank You...... The Moderators

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

icon1.gif
    ICS for Note in April or May??- posted by ranjan.alva
    post_old.gif

SamMobile Tweets :

Again... SGS2 updates March. Samsung started making of ics roms Note. Hopefully early leaks soon. Release Note updates April/May

Cant believe this. Samsung said it will release in Q1.. now what??
    eek.gif

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

icon1.gif
    Originally posted by raines43-- Well, this story on Phandroid says ICS for the S2 and the Note on March 1st; that'd be good!
    http://phandroid.com/2012/02/10/sams...medium=twitter

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

icon1.gif
    Original posting by -- robertberma:

ics coming 1st of march. 1/3/2012
    http://nl.hardware.info/extern/nieuw...from-march-1st

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=http%3A%2F%...p%3Ft%3D678513

Send from my Samsung Galaxy Note

http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?f=456

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

icon1.gif
    Orginally posted by Bamboo12:

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

[/COLOR]this is the source of the rumour https://twitter.com/#!/eldarmurtazin...06842540908545

doesn't really say anything about the galaxy note

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

icon1.gif
    Originally Posted by androidindian Note ics not coming in march confirmed by sammobiles... http://t.co/xYuiXDEe

icon1.gif
    Originally posted by Chasmodo:

Here's what SlashGear has to say about it:

http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-gal...ider-10213019/

"The Galaxy Note upgrade could drop anytime between March and May, Murtazin warns, while other Samsung models are also in line for an Android 4.0 refresh within that same period."
    ICS vs Gingerbread in power point presentation for those who want to see the changes beforehand.
    OMG !!!

ICS IS HERE AS A KIES UPDATE !!!!

Sorry, April's Fools, I had to do it... OK, OK, I'm leaving...