* Fully describe your issue

* Follow Forum Rules

* Use Google first

I made this thread since there is not a Q&A Section for the Lenovo Thinkpad

Last edited:

jonahly

Oct 27, 2012
Ashland
Now that there is a Q&A place I need to ask a question. I have managed to soft-brick my Lenovo Thinkpad A1000 and since I'm fairly new to this device I wasn't sure where to go. I was deleting some System Apps after Rooting my tablet(No Issues There) and I deleted the 'Phone' apk since I don't have data. I then rebooted and was stuck in a boot-loop. I tried going to recovery, nothing. I can't even turn off my tablet.

MirXas

Jan 26, 2014
Vilnius
I have Lenovo Ideapad A3000-H. There ar two partitions: the first 2,5gb is for user data, the second, more than 10gb, is not accesible by the user (I think it's for android OS stuff). When I was paying for it, I knew that I will not have all off the advertised 16gb of storage for my data, but atleast 10gb for sure.

Is there anything I can do to merge these partitions ? Or atleast move my app's data to the second partition ?

fredaj

Feb 11, 2014
Thinkpad sluggish performance

I have a Thinkpad Tablet 1838CTO, kernel 2.6.39.4, running Android 4.0.3. Thanks to the information I found on XDA, I was able to repair the machine's power button, so it's still very much alive. I have used the tablet daily since I purchased it when it first came out. I have never refreshed the software or system. There is still some 5 GB free of internal storage and 20 GB on the SD card.

My issue currently is that the tablet has become very sluggish in performance. It takes a long time to initiate programs (like 10 seconds or so) and to switch between them. Scrolling of pages (whether web or book) goes as quickly as before, however. Is this a problem with a lack of a trim function for the SSD (as apparently implemented in Android 4.3) or something else altogether? I've read an earlier post where a Thinkpad was apparently bricked by trying "Lagfix" to trim the SSD. What's my best option for rejuvenating the Thinkpad?

Thanks