Lenovo S660

Search This thread

tousief12.23

May 4, 2014
Hi all, I want to root my lenovo S660, I have tried all the FRAMAROOT versions (... til 1.9.1) to root but none of them worked for me. I have also tried SRS one click rooting software to root lenovo S660 but this also did not work for me. The firmware version is android 4.2.2 Baseband version S660.V35. Please help me on this issue. Thanks in advance.

tousief12.23

May 4, 2014
Lenovo S660 rooting

I have tried Kingo Android Root software to root lenovo S660, it took around 5 minutes to complete the rooting process, at the end of the process I got a pop on the screen which said root is successfully completed and rebooted the device. I could see Super Su icon in the drawer and it has been installed as a system app so that I cannot uninstall it. But when I click the Super Su icon to open it, a pop comes which says "The SU binary needs to be updated" it has two options "continue' and cancel', if I hit cancel it closes the super su. Or if I click continue it says " If you have a custom recovery like TWRP or CMW that can be used to install the Su binary. This recommended for HTC devices. How would you like to install the SU binary" following this there are two options first is CMW/TWRP and second it normal. If I click normal, it says installation failed. Since I'm beginner I do not know how to create custom recovery like CMW or TWRP. Can anyone please help me to solve this issue.....

I tried to update the Super SU from play store but this did not help me out. I installed root checker to check the root status, it says device is not rooted.

Please help me......

nakTT

Nov 21, 2011
I have tried Kingo Android Root software to root lenovo S660, it took around 5 minutes to complete the rooting process, at the end of the process I got a pop on the screen which said root is successfully completed and rebooted the device. I could see Super Su icon in the drawer and it has been installed as a system app so that I cannot uninstall it. But when I click the Super Su icon to open it, a pop comes which says "The SU binary needs to be updated" it has two options "continue' and cancel', if I hit cancel it closes the super su. Or if I click continue it says " If you have a custom recovery like TWRP or CMW that can be used to install the Su binary. This recommended for HTC devices. How would you like to install the SU binary" following this there are two options first is CMW/TWRP and second it normal. If I click normal, it says installation failed. Since I'm beginner I do not know how to create custom recovery like CMW or TWRP. Can anyone please help me to solve this issue.....

I tried to update the Super SU from play store but this did not help me out. I installed root checker to check the root status, it says device is not rooted.

Please help me......

I have exactly the same question.

Sent from my ST26i

gosMAN71

Jul 9, 2014
ROM without chinese lenovo apps???

Did anyone developed a custom ROM without chinese Lenovo Store and apps?
My new phone from China cannot allow Google Play and Google apps to run...
Tried different version of Google Play but none of them worked.
If anyone have a custom ROM please post on the forum...

fuadhdmini

Oct 16, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 10
Google Pixel 5

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1407766995532.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407766995532.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 678