Search This thread

dragos281993

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F0WMoeXoh.png%3F1

The Pure Nexus Project​

Disclaimer:
We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
The Pure Nexus Project aims to bring stability and features to your Nexus device, while keeping Google's vision in line and not straying too far away from that. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features and minimal bugs, then this is the place to be.

Features:
Code:
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="#1976D2"]-General[/COLOR]
*Based on AOSP Android 7.1.2_r33
*Busybox, and Init.d support
*Googles Pixel sounds and OEM wallpapers from factory images
*Googles Pixel theme and Pixel navbar animation
*Bug fix's and stability improvements
*UI Improvements (fixed a bunch google forgot to materialize)
*Rootless Substratum OMS Theme Engine support
*ADB enhancements (ADB over wifi, Hide ADB icon, colored logcat "abd logcat -C")
*Enabled Developer settings by default
*Enabled Night mode for all devices
*Enabled App ops
*Custom night light brightness options
*Disabled forced encryption
*Disabled tether provision checks
*Made preselectable item clickable in app picker dialog
*Added download speed in notification
*Added Advanced Reboot menu
*Added Advanced screenshot functionality (longpress tile/power menu for selectable screenshot)
*Added back volume adjust sounds and toggle
*Added advanced rotation control and lockscreen rotation toggle
*Added ability to lock app in landscape via rotation tile
*Added advanced charging sound controls
*Added advanced seekbar style animation controls
*Added Quick setting header Longpress actions
*Added ability to see app version when sideloading app
*Added app package name to app info screen
*Added ability to launch app when touching app icon in app info screen
*Added phone info shortcut to about phone/status on top
*Added dynamic vendor image notification
*Added additional battery saver trigger steps
*Added ability to unlink notification volume from ringer volume
*Added Increasing ringtone option
*Added Proximity Speakerphone and dialer lookup
*Added Group support in contacts
*Removed googles SystemUpdate option
*Removed googles legal information

[COLOR="#1976D2"]-PureNexus Settings[/COLOR]
[COLOR="red"]Lock Screen[/COLOR]
*Lockscreen item option(time, date, alarm text toggles & Clock font style)
*Double tap anywhere to sleep
*Long press power for torch
*Option to disable lockscreen media art
*Option to scramble the pin entry layout
*Option to disable the pin ripple background when entering lockscren pin
*Option to disable fingerprint success vibration
[COLOR="red"]Notification Drawer[/COLOR]
*quick settings pulldown (left,right,always)
*smart pulldown (no ongoing, no dismissable, no notifications)
*advanced quick settings easy toggle
*Brightness slider on/off toggle
*Haptic feedback on quick setting on/off toggle
*ability to disable quick settings on secure lockscreen
*ability to disable the quick settings title text
*ability to change number of quick settings columns
*ability to change the amount of rows in quick settings
*ability to set contexual or custom header images
[COLOR="red"]Recent apps[/COLOR]
*immersive recents
*kill all fab
*kill all fab location
[COLOR="red"]Statusbar[/COLOR]
*Battery customization(percentage/icon style)
*sync battery icon with quick settings tile
*Battery bar options(location, color, style, thickness, animation)
*Carrier Label customization(placement, text)
*Clock customization(show clock, show seconds, alignment, ampm, date, date style, date position, date format)
*Network traffic meter options(enable, display units, update interval, hide arrows, auto hide, inactivity threshold)
*Statusbar icon blacklist
*Double tap on statusbar to sleep
*Status bar brightness control
*Status bar notification count
*Status bar bluetooth battery meter toggle
[COLOR="red"]Navigation Bar[/COLOR]
*Navbar toggle and Height/width options
*Navigation bar tuner
*Pixel navbar animation toggle
*Ability to enable one handed mode
*Ability to enabe double tap to sleep
*longpress back to kill
*configurable longpress back to kill timeout
[COLOR="red"]PowerMenu[/COLOR]
*Option to disable on secure lock
*Add/remove (reboot, screenshot, screen-record, torch, airplane mode, user switcher,settings shortcut, search, voice search, lock now, sound panel)
[COLOR="red"]Volume Rocker[/COLOR]
*Volume keys control media volume
*Volume key wake
*Volume key music control
*Volume key orientation swap
*Volume key keyboard cursor control
*Volume up and power action (screen record/selectable screenshot)
*Volume down to enter do not disturb
*Volume up to exit do not disturb
*Do not disturb volume panel switch
*Volume steps customization
[COLOR="red"]Display[/COLOR]
*expanded desktop options
*option to enable/disable wake on plug
*3 finger swipe for screenshot toggle
*Battery and Notification LED controls
[COLOR="red"]Media & Notifications[/COLOR]
*Ability to turn off vibration when double tapping power button for camera
*Power notification controls
*Peeking notification option(on/off, timeout, snooze length)
*low battery notification toggle
[COLOR="red"]Miscellaneous[/COLOR]
*force enable or disable scrolling cache
*ability to enable app icon on toast
*incall vibration options[/SIZE]

Downloads & Changelog:

Changelog

Rom builds

Gapps:
Mini Gapps
* OpenGapps are a complete mess(no offense to its dev) and they break stuff, so if you decide to flash them regardless of what I just said, then please don't leave comments in the thread complaining about it. :)

SuperSU

Latest TWRP (if you don't already have it installed)
==> The installation instructions are there. Click on "Primary (Recommended)" and you'll see the file there.

Kernel Adiutor Mod

Installation instructions:

Requirements: ROM, Gapps, SuperSU

*** If you start fresh:
1. Reboot into recovery
2. Go to the "Wipe", tap on "Advanced Wipe" and can check all the boxes except for the "Internal storage" one, then simply "Swipe to Wipe"
3. Flash the ROM
4. Flash the Gapps
5. Flash SuperSU
Then reboot to system and you're done.

*** If you're upgrading / "dirty flashing":
1. Reboot into recovery
2. Go to "Advanced Wipe" and check only "Dalvik cache" and "Cache", then "Swipe to Wipe".
3. Flash the ROM
4. Flash SuperSU
4. Do another Cache + Dalvik cache wipe (OPTIONAL)
Then reboot to system.

*** If you're using a custom kernel:
1. Flash the ROM (clean or dirty flash, depending on your choice)
1' flash the Gapps (only for clean ROM installations)
2. Flash your preferred custom kernel
3. THEN flash SuperSU
And reboot to system

*** Moving between custom kernels:
* After flashing the first custom kernel, if you decide to try another one, you MUST either:
>> dirty flash the ROM before changing the kernel. OR
>> extract the "boot.img" file found inside the "...ROM...zip" and flash it in recovery.
>> Then will you be able to safely move to a different kernel.
You also must flash SuperSU AFTER the kernel, otherwise you'll lose the root previleges.

Kernel tweaking tutorials:

Credits & Thanks:
Lead developers: BeansTown106, Dwitherell, Nathan Chance
The Cheeky Bastards - Bajasur, DaveyAnnihalation, Surge1223!!!
The PureNexus Moderators - MicMars, Kris Nelson
The CyanogenMod Community
Dirty Unicorns
SlimRoms
OmniRom
Euphoria-OS
xWasabi
And all other open source Devs i may have missed!

"Revival-basic" source

Here's a nice review made by @MikeTheTechSavvy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXjBA7xMg8Q&feature=youtu.be

XDA:DevDB Information
Pure Nexus, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
dragos281993, spezi77
Source Code: https://github.com/PureNexusProject

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-07-24
Last Updated 2017-08-16

Last edited:

dragos281993

Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
Mako exclusive changelog:

--> 17. june. 2017:
* updated to the latest June sources: android_7.1.2_r17
* everything new is the same as what the official PN builds include so check the official changelog for that.

Changelog for older builds

--> 14. may. 2017:
* updated to the latest May sources: android_7.1.2_r8
* Fix nav bar showing always on the left when the device is rotated to 270 degrees
--> Also, fix the order of the buttons so the back button always shows
on the bottom <--
* Prebuilt apps: - sort out and include: Google Dialer, Gboard and Contacts as default (fully functional now)

--> 30. april. 2017:
* Bump up to 7.1.2_r6
* Hide the "No notifications" text in the notification panel
--> When there aren't any notifications to display in the notification panel, a text saying "No notifications" appears there. The thing is, when the notification panel is empty, we already know it's because we didn't receive any notifications, so there's no need for an annoying text to tell us what we already know.
* Added 3 new Google apps: Contacts, Dialer and Messages.

--> 17. feb. 2017:
Restructure no.2
- kernel cleanup
- device tree cleanup
- "battery saver" on-off sequence that made the phone reboot ---> fixed
- battery led fixed and tweaked a bit
- battery "charging slowly" status on the lockscreen ---> fixed
- the automatic brightness for "night light" has been removed because it wasn't working
- other small visual fixes that are not yet present in the official PN builds

--> 1. feb. 2017:
- Complete restructure (but the base is the same, obviously)

- Added some apps:
*--> Camera
*--> Gallery
*--> Clock (deskclock)

- System performance improvements
- Kernel compiled with ubertc 5.4.1 cause 6.x was causing issues.
- Added back "Mpdecision" cause now there are improvements done to have it work nicely and I set it as the default "hotplug" (the standby time is fantastic with it)
- "Smartmax" gone, cause it caused system shutdowns when the phone entered deepsleep mode.
- Other kernel tweaks and improvements which give you a nice experience.
- CAMERA FIXED (Yaaay !!!)

The new restructuring thingy broke the thing that was fixed in the previous build, and that's the native "screen recording" feature.
* Use "Screen Recorder - Free No Ads" by Kimcy929, from the PlayStore and you'll have no issue.

--> 7. jan. 2017:
- Enable "NIght light" (which is fantastic when you're tired and your eyes hurt)
- Add "double-tap-to-sleep on the navbar" (couldn't wait for Nate to add it, so I added it myself)
- Native "Screen record" fixed thanks to our beloved @spezi77 (you can add an option to the Power menu for fast access)
- Maximum fling velocity reduced (there's too much stuff that has to be loaded on the screen with a single swipe, and the CPU is struggling to do that. Fewer things to load when swiping means lower impact on the CPU and a better UX fluidity)
- "Lights with screen on" feature removed (I don't see its purpose so I remove it)
- "Font size" and "Display size" removed from Settings/Accessibility as they're already in "Display" (so bye bye duplicate ! thanks to KreAch3R)
- device tree cleaned up a bit
- kernel compiled with UberTC6.x (gcc 6.1.1)
- some other kernel tweaks and improvements

* Camera WIP
* I pinpointed the led erratic behaviour source. It's caused by the "battery light" (which I didn't remove, for the time being). Turn it off if the rainbow-led-colours bother you.

--> 16. dec. 2016:
- Remove "force expanded notifications" and "smart pulldown" (because they were causing too much stutter in the notification panel)
- Remove power connect/disconnect notification support
- Disable safe headset volume
- Reduce the delay during headset removal
- Add support to manually pause/resume download
- Add download speed, remaining time, and percentage in notification
- Set "interactive" as default governor
- Tune TCP performance (based on CAF values
- Enforcing the minimum delay between notification sounds of an app
- Disable ADB authentication

Next build: -camera fix and other stuff.

Last edited:

dragos281993

Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
NOTE:

* "Revival kernel" is now the default kernel for this ROM cause it offers a decent amount of features without the need of flashing a different kernel. Those who don't feel like doing much tweaking can simply use it as is.

* The stock values in Revival have been set to offer a balance between performance and battery life and this aspect is even more favoured by the fact that it's been compiled with UBERTC-5.4.

* The kernel behaves exactly like all the other stock kernels when it comes to moving between custom kernels. That means you can flash whichever custom kernel you prefer without any problems.

* If you're not satisfied with "Revival", you can easily flash a different kernel. Everyone has a choice. :)

It's recommended to use Kernel Adiutor Mod for tweaking. You can find it in the Downloads & Changelog" section in the first post.

Quick fix for "ADB - unauthorized":
First of all, you have to make the hidden folders show up (in Windows) by > checking < an option called "Show hidden items".
* In Windows 10 you can activate it like this: Go into a folder (randomly, cause it doesn't matter which one it is). and at the top of the window, search for the "View" tab and click on it. From there, on the right side, check the "Hidden files" option. This applies on a system level so that's why it doesn't matter in which folder you are when you activate it. In other Windows versions, this feature is activated differently, so Google it. On Ubuntu/Linux, right-click on a blank space inside a folder and you'll see there a "Show hidden files" option.

Now, let's get to business:

1. On you computer, navigate to C:\Users"your username"\.android (on Windows) or /Home/.android (on Ubuntu/Linux)
You'll see there 2 files, "adbkey" and adbkey.pub
2. Connect the phone to the computer (make sure you have "USB debugging" activated so you don't have to worry about it later)
3. Copy the "adbkey.pub" file to your phone. Put it in /sdcard/emulated/0 (which is the main sdcard directory, where you see all the main folders like "Pictures, "Music", etc)
4. Disconnect the phone from the computer.
5. Now on your phone, using a terminal app (I prefer "Material terminal" from the Play Store) execute these commands:
- su
- cd /storage/emulated/0
- cat adbkey.pub >> /data/misc/adb/adb_keys

Now "adb_keys" has been created in the location mentioned at the next step.
6. Using a file manager app (eg. Solid Explorer) navigate to /data/misc/adb.
7. Give permissions 666 to the "adb_keys" file (giving permissions differs from a file manager to another)
8. Connect the phone to the computer, run adb devices in the computer terminal and you'll see that adb finally works.

Last edited:

dragos281993

Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
Some differences between Marshmallow and Nougat:

The difference is not that big but the are a few changes.
There's the new visual improvements, like the new notification panel, the way the Settings look or the "Recents panel". When it comes to actual performance, "dose" has been improved and it now works not only when the device is sitting on your table for a long period of time. Also, there's no more "app optimisation" process at boot up, after you wipe the cache partition or clean install a ROM, and that makes things considerably faster, a breeze compared to the previous version of Android. And not to forget, Nougat has a new compiler and you'll see that the apps install a little bit faster. Some apps that used to install in over a minute, now do it in half the time.

From Google developers' page:
*****> In Android 7.0, we've added a Just in Time (JIT) compiler with code profiling to ART, which lets it constantly improve the performance of Android apps as they run. The JIT compiler complements ART's current Ahead of Time (AOT) compiler and helps improve runtime performance, save storage space, and speed up app updates and system updates <*****

FAQ not needed because all the problems can be addressed directly in the thread (I'm very active as you'll see)

Last edited:

TheArt.

Awesome, you did it. Thanks for continuing the development of this great ROM. All the best! :good:

I agree, our Nexus ? is gonna live for a looong time. Btw @spezy77 I was using your HellSpawn with PN for some time and then switched to Revival (clean flashed&wiped everything) as I wanted less tweaks and better stability.

But 3 days ago I had a few reboots and the phone lags too often with no apparent reason, I'm going to clean flash dragos' ROM in these days and will try Revival again hoping that it was a PN problem, or a -75uV issue. If the reboot happens again I'll try to save some logs as soon as the phone boots again and post them in your thread. :good:

Random reboots and lag in general are concerned with the kernel used and not the ROM, right? :confused: So I will not post here for these problems.

Thank you @spezy77 and @dragos281993 again!

dragos281993

Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
I agree, our Nexus ? is gonna live for a looong time. Btw @spezy77 I was using your HellSpawn with PN for some time and then switched to Revival (clean flashed&wiped everything) as I wanted less tweaks and better stability.

But 3 days ago I had a few reboots and the phone lags too often with no apparent reason, I'm going to clean flash dragos' ROM in these days and will try Revival again hoping that it was a PN problem, or a -75uV issue. If the reboot happens again I'll try to save some logs as soon as the phone boots again and post them in your thread. :good:

Random reboots and lag in general are concerned with the kernel used and not the ROM, right? :confused: So I will not post here for these problems.

Thank you @spezy77 and @dragos281993 again!

Revival is the stock kernel for PN from now on as it offers great features and stability from the start. I'm still editing this thread so I'll add info regarding that matter. Clean flash the build and use it for a while as is, or try it without UV. Revival will behave exactly like a stock kernel and you'll have to either dirty flash the ROM to flash the "boot.img" file found inside the ROM.zip, before trying a different custom kernel.

dragos281993

Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
Just wondering, what version of revival is this rom running. Also great work and thanks for continuing development. People like you guys are the reason our outdated phone is still relevant.
It's got the latest version, as shown in the kernel source. It's stable, offers decent battery life and it has a nice list of features for everyone to enjoy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

quentin2260

Dec 17, 2010
Paris
Epic thread #2. Awesome !

Quick question, does it need full wipe or dirty wipe if i have PureNexus r25 build ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F0WMoeXoh.png%3F1

The Pure Nexus Project​

Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
    The Pure Nexus Project aims to bring stability and features to your Nexus device, while keeping Google's vision in line and not straying too far away from that. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features and minimal bugs, then this is the place to be.

Features:
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="#1976D2"]-General[/COLOR]
    *Based on AOSP Android 7.1.2_r33
    *Busybox, and Init.d support
    *Googles Pixel sounds and OEM wallpapers from factory images
    *Googles Pixel theme and Pixel navbar animation
    *Bug fix's and stability improvements
    *UI Improvements (fixed a bunch google forgot to materialize)
    *Rootless Substratum OMS Theme Engine support
    *ADB enhancements (ADB over wifi, Hide ADB icon, colored logcat "abd logcat -C")
    *Enabled Developer settings by default
    *Enabled Night mode for all devices
    *Enabled App ops
    *Custom night light brightness options
    *Disabled forced encryption
    *Disabled tether provision checks
    *Made preselectable item clickable in app picker dialog
    *Added download speed in notification
    *Added Advanced Reboot menu
    *Added Advanced screenshot functionality (longpress tile/power menu for selectable screenshot)
    *Added back volume adjust sounds and toggle
    *Added advanced rotation control and lockscreen rotation toggle
    *Added ability to lock app in landscape via rotation tile
    *Added advanced charging sound controls
    *Added advanced seekbar style animation controls
    *Added Quick setting header Longpress actions
    *Added ability to see app version when sideloading app
    *Added app package name to app info screen
    *Added ability to launch app when touching app icon in app info screen
    *Added phone info shortcut to about phone/status on top
    *Added dynamic vendor image notification
    *Added additional battery saver trigger steps
    *Added ability to unlink notification volume from ringer volume
    *Added Increasing ringtone option
    *Added Proximity Speakerphone and dialer lookup
    *Added Group support in contacts
    *Removed googles SystemUpdate option
    *Removed googles legal information

[COLOR="#1976D2"]-PureNexus Settings[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="red"]Lock Screen[/COLOR]
    *Lockscreen item option(time, date, alarm text toggles & Clock font style)
    *Double tap anywhere to sleep
    *Long press power for torch
    *Option to disable lockscreen media art
    *Option to scramble the pin entry layout
    *Option to disable the pin ripple background when entering lockscren pin
    *Option to disable fingerprint success vibration
    [COLOR="red"]Notification Drawer[/COLOR]
    *quick settings pulldown (left,right,always)
    *smart pulldown (no ongoing, no dismissable, no notifications)
    *advanced quick settings easy toggle
    *Brightness slider on/off toggle
    *Haptic feedback on quick setting on/off toggle
    *ability to disable quick settings on secure lockscreen
    *ability to disable the quick settings title text
    *ability to change number of quick settings columns
    *ability to change the amount of rows in quick settings
    *ability to set contexual or custom header images
    [COLOR="red"]Recent apps[/COLOR]
    *immersive recents
    *kill all fab
    *kill all fab location
    [COLOR="red"]Statusbar[/COLOR]
    *Battery customization(percentage/icon style)
    *sync battery icon with quick settings tile
    *Battery bar options(location, color, style, thickness, animation)
    *Carrier Label customization(placement, text)
    *Clock customization(show clock, show seconds, alignment, ampm, date, date style, date position, date format)
    *Network traffic meter options(enable, display units, update interval, hide arrows, auto hide, inactivity threshold)
    *Statusbar icon blacklist
    *Double tap on statusbar to sleep
    *Status bar brightness control
    *Status bar notification count
    *Status bar bluetooth battery meter toggle
    [COLOR="red"]Navigation Bar[/COLOR]
    *Navbar toggle and Height/width options
    *Navigation bar tuner
    *Pixel navbar animation toggle
    *Ability to enable one handed mode
    *Ability to enabe double tap to sleep
    *longpress back to kill
    *configurable longpress back to kill timeout
    [COLOR="red"]PowerMenu[/COLOR]
    *Option to disable on secure lock
    *Add/remove (reboot, screenshot, screen-record, torch, airplane mode, user switcher,settings shortcut, search, voice search, lock now, sound panel)
    [COLOR="red"]Volume Rocker[/COLOR]
    *Volume keys control media volume
    *Volume key wake
    *Volume key music control
    *Volume key orientation swap
    *Volume key keyboard cursor control
    *Volume up and power action (screen record/selectable screenshot)
    *Volume down to enter do not disturb
    *Volume up to exit do not disturb
    *Do not disturb volume panel switch
    *Volume steps customization
    [COLOR="red"]Display[/COLOR]
    *expanded desktop options
    *option to enable/disable wake on plug
    *3 finger swipe for screenshot toggle
    *Battery and Notification LED controls
    [COLOR="red"]Media & Notifications[/COLOR]
    *Ability to turn off vibration when double tapping power button for camera
    *Power notification controls
    *Peeking notification option(on/off, timeout, snooze length)
    *low battery notification toggle
    [COLOR="red"]Miscellaneous[/COLOR]
    *force enable or disable scrolling cache
    *ability to enable app icon on toast
    *incall vibration options[/SIZE]

Downloads & Changelog:

Changelog

Rom builds

Gapps:
    Mini Gapps
    * OpenGapps are a complete mess(no offense to its dev) and they break stuff, so if you decide to flash them regardless of what I just said, then please don't leave comments in the thread complaining about it. :)

SuperSU

Latest TWRP (if you don't already have it installed)
    ==> The installation instructions are there. Click on "Primary (Recommended)" and you'll see the file there.

Kernel Adiutor Mod

Installation instructions:

Requirements: ROM, Gapps, SuperSU

*** If you start fresh:
    1. Reboot into recovery
    2. Go to the "Wipe", tap on "Advanced Wipe" and can check all the boxes except for the "Internal storage" one, then simply "Swipe to Wipe"
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Flash the Gapps
    5. Flash SuperSU
    Then reboot to system and you're done.

*** If you're upgrading / "dirty flashing":
    1. Reboot into recovery
    2. Go to "Advanced Wipe" and check only "Dalvik cache" and "Cache", then "Swipe to Wipe".
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Flash SuperSU
    4. Do another Cache + Dalvik cache wipe (OPTIONAL)
    Then reboot to system.

*** If you're using a custom kernel:
    1. Flash the ROM (clean or dirty flash, depending on your choice)
    1' flash the Gapps (only for clean ROM installations)
    2. Flash your preferred custom kernel
    3. THEN flash SuperSU
    And reboot to system

*** Moving between custom kernels:
    * After flashing the first custom kernel, if you decide to try another one, you MUST either:
    >> dirty flash the ROM before changing the kernel. OR
    >> extract the "boot.img" file found inside the "...ROM...zip" and flash it in recovery.
    >> Then will you be able to safely move to a different kernel.
    You also must flash SuperSU AFTER the kernel, otherwise you'll lose the root previleges.

Kernel tweaking tutorials:

Credits & Thanks:
    Lead developers: BeansTown106, Dwitherell, Nathan Chance
    The Cheeky Bastards - Bajasur, DaveyAnnihalation, Surge1223!!!
    The PureNexus Moderators - MicMars, Kris Nelson
    The CyanogenMod Community
    Dirty Unicorns
    SlimRoms
    OmniRom
    Euphoria-OS
    xWasabi
    And all other open source Devs i may have missed!

"Revival-basic" source

Here's a nice review made by @MikeTheTechSavvy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXjBA7xMg8Q&feature=youtu.be

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pure Nexus, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    dragos281993, spezi77
    Source Code: https://github.com/PureNexusProject

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-07-24
    Last Updated 2017-08-16
    NOUGAT IS FINALLY HERE !!!

It's almost 6 in the morning here and I have to "wake up" :)p) in 2 hours.
    So the long awaited Pure Nexus is here. I suggest you do a clean installation if you're coming from Marshmallow.
    ***links in the first post***

Small Note: Don't fiddle with the "gamma control" for now or you'll get a purple tint after you apply the preferred profile. Spezi will replace the "Franco colour control" with Faux's soon. If you absolutely need to change the gamma profile, then flash "Revival r02" from Spezi's thread and you'll have no problem whatsoever. In fact, I really recommend flashing that.

SnapCamera is not currently included but it will be in the future builds.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers !!!
    Mako exclusive changelog:

--> 17. june. 2017:
    * updated to the latest June sources: android_7.1.2_r17
    * everything new is the same as what the official PN builds include so check the official changelog for that.

Changelog for older builds

--> 14. may. 2017:
    * updated to the latest May sources: android_7.1.2_r8
    * Fix nav bar showing always on the left when the device is rotated to 270 degrees
    --> Also, fix the order of the buttons so the back button always shows
    on the bottom <--
    * Prebuilt apps: - sort out and include: Google Dialer, Gboard and Contacts as default (fully functional now)

--> 30. april. 2017:
    * Bump up to 7.1.2_r6
    * Hide the "No notifications" text in the notification panel
    --> When there aren't any notifications to display in the notification panel, a text saying "No notifications" appears there. The thing is, when the notification panel is empty, we already know it's because we didn't receive any notifications, so there's no need for an annoying text to tell us what we already know.
    * Added 3 new Google apps: Contacts, Dialer and Messages.

--> 17. feb. 2017:
    Restructure no.2
    - kernel cleanup
    - device tree cleanup
    - "battery saver" on-off sequence that made the phone reboot ---> fixed
    - battery led fixed and tweaked a bit
    - battery "charging slowly" status on the lockscreen ---> fixed
    - the automatic brightness for "night light" has been removed because it wasn't working
    - other small visual fixes that are not yet present in the official PN builds

--> 1. feb. 2017:
    - Complete restructure (but the base is the same, obviously)

- Added some apps:
    *--> Camera
    *--> Gallery
    *--> Clock (deskclock)

- System performance improvements
    - Kernel compiled with ubertc 5.4.1 cause 6.x was causing issues.
    - Added back "Mpdecision" cause now there are improvements done to have it work nicely and I set it as the default "hotplug" (the standby time is fantastic with it)
    - "Smartmax" gone, cause it caused system shutdowns when the phone entered deepsleep mode.
    - Other kernel tweaks and improvements which give you a nice experience.
    - CAMERA FIXED (Yaaay !!!)

The new restructuring thingy broke the thing that was fixed in the previous build, and that's the native "screen recording" feature.
    * Use "Screen Recorder - Free No Ads" by Kimcy929, from the PlayStore and you'll have no issue.

--> 7. jan. 2017:
    - Enable "NIght light" (which is fantastic when you're tired and your eyes hurt)
    - Add "double-tap-to-sleep on the navbar" (couldn't wait for Nate to add it, so I added it myself)
    - Native "Screen record" fixed thanks to our beloved @spezi77 (you can add an option to the Power menu for fast access)
    - Maximum fling velocity reduced (there's too much stuff that has to be loaded on the screen with a single swipe, and the CPU is struggling to do that. Fewer things to load when swiping means lower impact on the CPU and a better UX fluidity)
    - "Lights with screen on" feature removed (I don't see its purpose so I remove it)
    - "Font size" and "Display size" removed from Settings/Accessibility as they're already in "Display" (so bye bye duplicate ! thanks to KreAch3R)
    - device tree cleaned up a bit
    - kernel compiled with UberTC6.x (gcc 6.1.1)
    - some other kernel tweaks and improvements

* Camera WIP
    * I pinpointed the led erratic behaviour source. It's caused by the "battery light" (which I didn't remove, for the time being). Turn it off if the rainbow-led-colours bother you.

--> 16. dec. 2016:
    - Remove "force expanded notifications" and "smart pulldown" (because they were causing too much stutter in the notification panel)
    - Remove power connect/disconnect notification support
    - Disable safe headset volume
    - Reduce the delay during headset removal
    - Add support to manually pause/resume download
    - Add download speed, remaining time, and percentage in notification
    - Set "interactive" as default governor
    - Tune TCP performance (based on CAF values
    - Enforcing the minimum delay between notification sounds of an app
    - Disable ADB authentication

Next build: -camera fix and other stuff.
    FINALLY !!! NEW BUILD UP

I finally managed to put everything together, as best as I could and here we are.
    The whole thing has been restructured, so a CLEAN INSTALATION is absolutely required. Don't take any risks if you don't want issues, and if you do, please don't post complaints in the thread.

The camera has been completely fixed. We basically went back to the old Lollipop days, where Camera v2.5 (or 2.7) was the last fully functional version. Anything newer than v2.x, won't let you record in 1080p. I removed zaclimon's hack, meant to bypass the resolution check, but that caused autofocus issues, so I had to give up on it.

I also took the liberty to add 3 apps from Nitrogen, Camera, Gallery and Clock. If you want a different camera, you can install one and you can just disable the one I included, from Settings/Apps. I thought it would be nice to have a preinstalled Gallery app so it can go hand in hand with the Camera app. You know, you snap a picture or record a video and now you have what to open them with). The Clock app is great. I really missed it and its "shake to dismiss alarm" feature which is great when you wake up in the morning and you can barely see what's on the screen.

As I previously mentioned, the new restructure broke the native screen recording, but using "Screen Recorder - Free No Ads" (by Kimcy929), from the PlayStore, will let you record your screen without an issue, and the app gives you a larger variety of options as well so this is not a problem in the end.

This was made possible with @spezi77 's and @nitin.chobhe 's assistance, so kudos to them for the help, support and their patience. They deserve our respect. :)

You can find the required files in the first post and the other modifications I made, mentioned in the changelog (2nd post). Read instructions carefully (for "CLEAN INSTALLING", of course).

After the phone boots up, you'll notice that the UX is a bit stuttery, but that's completely normal. Just give it a few minutes to settle. Also you might think that the first 2 cores stay at 1.5GHz all the time, but that happens only until the phone gets everything ready, so don't worry about that either. Everything will "stabilize" after a few minutes.

That's pretty much all.
    Enjoy it !

Cheers !!!
    95% done, so far. After restructuring everything, some old bugs came back to life, like the broken "screen recording" feature (which worked in the last build I released, but now works only by using an app). Also the "rainbow led", which has always been present, is in the works too.
    I'm currently running a very close to "final" stable test build and I have another that's currently compiling, which is meant to address the led bug (taking 1 step at a time) that's been fixed in 1 of my previous test builds. However, the fix was made possible with specific things/parts of code that were scattered across multiple repos, and now with this restructure, things changed and they don't exactly "match" anymore, to put it this way.

But yeah, the camera has been completely fixed and it works without zaclimon's old patch/hack that gave some trouble with the autofocus.

If the led isn't fixed in the current compiling build, I'll move on (for now) to the "battery saver orange color disable" feature (or whatever it's called), which I have to implement properly so it can work as intended and after that happens, you will get a new build.

Finally !!! right ? ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk