Data drops

Search This thread

powrful1

Mar 13, 2008
After searching around a few days for solution n test many apk and many many methods... Finally found the fix.

Just download "BionicTCP" from market (Play Store) (REQUIRES ROOT), and click on "Large TCP Buffers". It makes my Bionic xt875 3G/4G NO DROP AT ALL.

*BionicTCP : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spirilis.bionictcp
or directly from : http://spirilis.net/junk/android/BionicTCP.apk
By: SPIRILIS

Dunno if it helps with data drops yet..but I got my first 30mb down/ 15mb up

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

BPB21

Nov 17, 2008
So far I haven't had any, and it usually cuts out every time I use the Facebook app. Maybe this is a fix.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Jun 17, 2012
Thanks for the link. I now have four bars on 4G instead of the two I normally have.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

BPB21

Nov 17, 2008
Well I still have data drops but maybe they're less frequent now. Yep, it just dropped as I typed this but connected right back.

WScottCross

Feb 28, 2006
Finally had enough with the Bionic data drops and holding my breath that the next update would fix it for good. I'm on my third handset and still having issues so I finally got them to agree to replace it with a Droid 4.

xxxgeooegxxx

Jul 6, 2009
San Diego, Ca
www.facebook.com
I've been having crazy data drops too. I was trying to ignore it but it is now driving me mad. They are sending me my second replacement and another new Sim card. If it happens with this next phone they said they would consider giving me another phone. After this experience I really would like to go with HTC or Samsung. Hoping they will not make me stick with Motorola again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

Jun 17, 2012
Well I'm back to 4g dropping all the time. I have rock solid 3g and my mifi on 3g is solid. I live about 80 yards from a verizon tower. I'm going to call customer service tomorrow and see if they can generate a work order to test the towers 4g.

benwiggin2

Aug 16, 2010
Sucks to have to join this conversation. Had my Bionic since the day it came out last September? This past week I've been bitten by the data drop. 4G just turns white. Started last week, then ironically there was OTA update. Still losing data (4G turns white) all the time now. Replaced sim card in store tonight and 4G stayed white at the store. They are sending new phone, but I'm not sure I want it after reading all the comments in this thread. If new device continues to drop data what should my plan be?

scottocs

Dec 29, 2011
Man I can't believe how bad this is getting.

I feel like I should want to go to the store and complain and hope they give me a new different phone but I already have both docks for the bionic and the extended battery.

Plus I wouldn't know what to get.

BPB21

Nov 17, 2008
I will say that I reflashed Eclipse 2.2 (902) a couple of days ago and I have not had one data drop since.
Maybe it was wiping the system data and cache for who knows how many times or maybe verizon got their towers working or maybe the stars have just aligned favorably. This was after I flashed eclipse 3 and immediately got a data drop while restoring my apps. That's when I reverted to 2.2.
Anyway there does seem to be hope!

jwhite3

Dec 30, 2010
I got the 905 update last night. Everything seemed great. This morning my 4g is shot. It wont stay blue for more than a minute. 3g seems to be working fine though

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

benwiggin2

Aug 16, 2010
I sure do not want to jinx anything here but I am located in CA and traveled to AZ yesterday. No issues since!

Unrest333

Aug 19, 2007
That was rather painless. I called 611 and told them I needed to talk to a Tier 2 tech support. Told them I've been expiring major problems with the Bionic dropping data over the last 6 months. Went into further detail that there have been a few Motorola patches addressing the data issue but it didn't help and just told them that I was frustrated with the phone. I asked if I could exchange to another model and told them I had no problems with my Rezound. They said they could exchange a Rezound for me and I even asked if the Galaxy Nexus was possible and they said they could do that too. I ended up choosing the Rezound though. Shipped via FedEX overnight to me with battery and cover.

I've been meaning to ask, did they say they were to file the replacement under insurance, manufacturer warranty, or Verizon's own cost? Also did they discuss any fees or upgrade costs?

BPB21

Nov 17, 2008
I flashed to ICS 4.0.3 stock, rooted and have had great data connectivity since. Data connection dropped once in an elevator but it connected right back.

Top Liked Posts