Ookla speed test question. changed from sprint to t-mobile.

Search This thread

miguel6763

Jul 11, 2013
Los Angeles CA
sorry but is this consider an exellent speed for tmobile galaxy s5 im in los angeles ca. or does att or verizon has better speed?

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398844961614.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398844961614.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 205

jay-red

Jun 3, 2010
California
What a time we live in where someone is questioning if consistent 50+ dl and 20+ ul is good enough. I have yet to get those speeds in my area, I got 36 down and was stoked.

Just be happy knowing that your phone pulls faster speeds than most people's home Internet and known that you have more speed than you could actually need on a phone.

Man I remember being excited for 3g on my g1 after using edge on my dash for so long...

Reactions: cj chitwood

WW3

Feb 14, 2007
Maybe this might help... With sprint moving to T-Mobile tomorrow :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1398984518351.jpg
    1398984518351.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 153

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
Here is ATT in Orange County the 5Mbs is in Irvine and the 6-7Mbs are in Buena Park area. These are on my ATT S4 on LTE. Pretty much SUCKS due to overcrowding on ATT network around here

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337

Attachments

• 1398998937930.jpg
    1398998937930.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: miguel6763

htcfan4l

May 26, 2014
sorry but is this consider an exellent speed for tmobile galaxy s5 im in los angeles ca. or does att or verizon has better speed?

Good speeds , but to bad they we're taken late at night when most people are sleeping of course the speeds going to be higher

Try taking speed tests around 9am and 6pm see what you get I bet money those speeds are cut in half due to the traffic on the network

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Here is ATT in Orange County the 5Mbs is in Irvine and the 6-7Mbs are in Buena Park area. These are on my ATT S4 on LTE. Pretty much SUCKS due to overcrowding on ATT network around here

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337

Yeah but at least your showing your speeds at " normal " times and not 1am when no one's up lol

Reactions: miguel6763

miguel6763

Jul 11, 2013
Los Angeles CA
sorry all i asked if they were good speeds becouse i bearly change feom sprint to tmobile that was all now i know that my speeds are great. and during the day im able to pull out 42 mb and 17 upload

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: htcfan4l

mahanddeem

Nov 13, 2011
Anything north of 20 down and 10 up AND ping less than 50 is excellent.
Ping has more impact on general data usability.
T-Mobile in the past had good speeds but crap ping(150+) and it sucked(hspa+ days)

Last edited:
Reactions: htcfan4l

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What a time we live in where someone is questioning if consistent 50+ dl and 20+ ul is good enough. I have yet to get those speeds in my area, I got 36 down and was stoked.

Just be happy knowing that your phone pulls faster speeds than most people's home Internet and known that you have more speed than you could actually need on a phone.

Man I remember being excited for 3g on my g1 after using edge on my dash for so long...

Good speeds , but to bad they we're taken late at night when most people are sleeping of course the speeds going to be higher

Try taking speed tests around 9am and 6pm see what you get I bet money those speeds are cut in half due to the traffic on the network

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Yeah but at least your showing your speeds at " normal " times and not 1am when no one's up lol

sorry all i asked if they were good speeds becouse i bearly change feom sprint to tmobile that was all now i know that my speeds are great. and during the day im able to pull out 42 mb and 17 upload

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Anything north of 20 down and 10 up AND ping less than 50 is excellent.
    Ping has more impact on general data usability.
    T-Mobile in the past had good speeds but crap ping(150+) and it sucked(hspa+ days)