Fully functioning Hulu for any rom.

Search This thread

daniel06gt

Jul 20, 2010
Miami, FL
edit:

Alright I installed it but the Hulu app is still crooked when maximized in landscape mode.

Vael ROM

The Hulu App seems to do that, devs need to fix that but, you can still landscape mode your phone and then pinch/zoom to almost full screen. Or go to browser hulu.com and it will full landscape..... Gotta work around the quirks. :cool:

clovis_ll

Apr 8, 2006
san francisco
Google Pixel 6a
Just because it's not that intuitive, here are more detailed instructions. I'm on stock Sense, by the way.

1. Download the hex-edited flash apk in the first post
  2. Download the Hulu Zip file which is in the second or third post of the linked thread from the first post here
  3. Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage/Uninstall Adobe Flash
  4. Titanium Backup - uninstall Adobe Flash
  5. Reboot into recovery
  6. Flash the Hulu Zip file
  7. Reboot
  8. Install the hex-edited flash apk

It's nice to have but seems pretty buggy and choppy even over WiFi. Considering Hulu desktop for PC is choppy I'm not at all surprised... :rolleyes:

it worked!! no more demon voices.. im running virus ROM rc3

How do you turn off the hulu app when you close out of it? The sound stays on and I have to reboot the phone to get it to turn off. Any suggestions?
BTW thanks for the instructions on the install...it worked to the letter. The website hulu works fine but the app hulu just wont turn off for me. I know this was mentioned before but i could not find the solution anywhere!

did u figure it out? im having the same issues. i have to go to application and force stop it to exit the hulu app.

supchaka

Oct 2, 2010
I dont have the option to remove flash in the manage app section. All the buttons for it are grayed out.

Also tried to go delete the install flash apk which it wont let me do either, like its locked out or something. It said error deleting file

Last edited:

supchaka

Oct 2, 2010
Im trying to delete the one file through root explorer, but it wont let me change the permissions from read only.

Hah im stupid, didnt notice it mounts as r/o by default

Last edited:

hammysink

Aug 26, 2010
Portland
This worked just fine for me. Miui + Snap7.6

Had to Force hulu to close (home button, sound stayed on, re-enter hulu app didnt fix) but I assume that comes with the territory.

CruzECO13

Jun 2, 2008
This is working great. Thanks :D

I put the phone in landscape and just pinch zoom and all is centered fine. Sound is great.

You have to force close in order to really exit though, or you will continue to here the audio, but not a biggie.

Thanks again :D

*To FC, go to settings, applications, manage apps, look for Hulu and press FC**

Last edited:

roofus3000

Nov 10, 2009
This is working great. Thanks :D

I put the phone in landscape and just pinch zoom and all is centered fine. Sound is great.

You have to force close in order to really exit though, or you will continue to here the audio, but not a biggie.

Thanks again :D

How do you force close?

nvm i figured it out!!

Last edited:

Just_s

May 6, 2010
Denver/Albuquerque
After you've uninstalled the flash player with titanium, just reboot your phone so that the phone clears out the system of the old one existing, once phone boots up go and install the hex version and it will install without saying do you want to replace one. It kind of reminds me of a windows computer after you uninstall a program you have to reboot the computer so that the system gets the cache or what have you out of the computer systems location. Also this worked for me and hulu app that comes with Ava V9 works flawlessly and i'm able to view in landscape mode with no issues.:cool:

Bummer for me. That still didn't work. When I attempt to delete/uninstall via titanium, I get "Cannot remove system app Failed to locate the apk file." Even though it is sitting right there in the list of installed apps, Adobe Flash Player 10.110.1.95.2.

I also used Root Explorer to physically remove the FlashPlayer from system/apps. Then when I go to install the hacked flash, it still fails. Application not installed. WTF!

I used search in Root Explorer and it looks like there are instances of flashplayer in:

/cache/dalvik-cache/data@app@com.adobe.flashplayer-1.apk@classes.dex
/cache/dalvik-cache/system@app@flashplayer.apk@classes.dex
/data/app/com.adobe.flashplayer-1.apk
/data/dalvik-cache/data@app@com.adobe.flashplayer-1.apk@classes.dex
/data/dalvik-cache/system@app@flashplayer.apk@classes.dex
/data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer
/data/data/com.mgeek.DeliciousBookmark/app_plugins/com.adobe.flashplayer/.adobe/Flash_Player

and two dozen other references to flashplayer. Do I have to go through and delete every instance I find?

This sucks! I truly hate Adobe sometimes!:mad::confused::mad:

youngbasedgod

Aug 8, 2010
Yup finally worked.

Uninstall from settings>Applications

Uninstall from Titanium backup

Turn off phone

Reboot

Install flash hex apk

emaster101

Sep 26, 2008
www.noticeorange.com
OK here is a quick run down on how to get this working.
Step 1: Uninstall Flash Update (if installed)
go to menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->Flash Player 10.1-> hit the uninstall button.
Step 2. Uninstall Flash player using Titanium Backup (search in the market for it you need root)
launch Titanium->Backup Restore button-> Adobe Flash player 10.1-> Freeze!-> Un-install.
Step 3. Reboot Phone
Step 4. Install Hex flash

Now when you visit hulu.com from your default Andoid browser it will say that your using android and need to wait for Hulu plus. Here is the fix for that:
Step 1. Launch your browser.
Step 2. erase all (that includes http://www) text in the address bar
Step 3. Type in "about:debug" without the quotes and hit enter. Your browser will do nothing at this point.
Step 4. Immediately go to menu->more->Settings
Step 5. Un-check Mobile view
Step 6. Scroll down to UASTRING and select Desktop.
Step 7 Clear cookies,cache and history.
Visit hulu.com and tap the bottom right of the videos for full screen. Enjoy!

Forgot to mention...If the video doesn't load up right away look for a green down arrow next to "share the video" hit that and it will load the video. People have been asking what I'm running. Latest Stock rom with KiNgxKernel #11. So this can be done on stock roms.

Last edited:

alwaysbelieve1

Aug 29, 2006
St. Charles
www.BobGaronTraining.com
go to menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->Flash Player 10.1-> hit the uninstall button.
Step 2. Uninstall Flash player using Titanium Backup (search in the market for it you need root)
launch Titanium->Backup Restore button-> Adobe Flash player 10.1-> Freeze!-> Un-install.
Step 3. Reboot Phone

Now when you visit hulu.com from your default Andoid browser it will say that your using android and need to wait for Hulu plus. Here is the fix for that:
Step 3. Type in "about:debug" without the quotes and hit enter. Your browser will do nothing at this point.

Perfect explanation! Works for me now! :)

jimbobcooterrooter

Apr 28, 2007
Step 3. Reboot Phone

Followed this to the T and also the other how to's in the string, but i am still seeing Hulu.com saying i need version 10.0.22 or higher...i restored a backup i made prior and tried two more times with same results....the app is not working either....any guesses?

I am running stock rom unrevoked forever....newest stock kernal and PRI and the stock browser.

....also please note i rebooted after the install of the hex flash.apk, before trying to get it to work...also tried with and without the flashing of the hulu.zip in recovery.

MattySauce

Jul 8, 2010
Dallas
Works for me

works for me, I had a little trouble figuring out Titanium backup uninstall. Just a short press to bring up the options. I feel stupid that it took me 30 min to figure this out. Oh well. Thanks for making hulu work!

Last edited:

kzibart

Jul 2, 2008
Louisville, KY
Followed this to the T and also the other how to's in the string, but i am still seeing Hulu.com saying i need version 10.0.22 or higher...i restored a backup i made prior and tried two more times with same results....the app is not working either....any guesses?

I am running stock rom unrevoked forever....newest stock kernal and PRI and the stock browser.

....also please note i rebooted after the install of the hex flash.apk, before trying to get it to work...also tried with and without the flashing of the hulu.zip in recovery.

I've asked a few times if anyone else running the stock rom has gotten this working, and I have yet to hear of anyone. There must be something about the stock rom that prevents us from installing adobe flash player on the side. For me, it claims to be installed just fine. But browsers (and the hulu app) don't recognize that adobe flash is available. All of the things I've tried are in the obama>god thread. Hopefully someone will figure it out, but I doubt many devs run the stock rom, so they probably aren't affected and therefore not very motivated.

Nak131

Oct 13, 2008
Step 3. Reboot Phone

worked perfectly! thanks!

Mark_Hardware

Oct 4, 2010
That's the same prob I've been having. The phone says I have 10.1, but the websites say I need 10.0.22 or higher... gah

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To make it easier, all you need to do is download Adobe Flash Player 10.1.105.7 from market and replace the /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/libflashplayer.so which is AND 10,1,105,7 hex edited to look like WIN 10,1,102,64 for HULU.

1) Extract libflashplayer.so to sdcard
    2) Copy libflashplayer.so from sdcard to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib using root explorer and make sure the permissions for libflashplayer.so is rwxr-xr-x
    To make it easier, all you need to do is download Adobe Flash Player 10.1.106.15 from market and replace the /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/libflashplayer.so which is AND 10,1,106,15 hex edited to look like WIN 10,1,102,64 for HULU.

2) Copy libflashplayer.so from sdcard to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib using root explorer and make sure the permissions for libflashplayer.so is rwxr-xr-x or chmod 755 the file.
    Fix for Adobe Flash Player 10.1.106.16 - January 24, 2011

To make it easier, all you need to do is download Adobe Flash Player 10.1.106.16 from market and replace the /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/libflashplayer.so which is AND 10,1,106,16 hex edited to look like WIN 10,1,102,64 for HULU.

2) Copy libflashplayer.so from sdcard to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib using root explorer and make sure the permissions for libflashplayer.so is rwxr-xr-x or chmod 755 the file.
    First of all I take no credit for any of this, I've just found it works on 3 roms i've tried. CM6, Ava9, and Fresh. Just titanium backup Uninstall your Flash. And Install this one:

Edit: Just flashed MIUI and it works on it too. Hulu app only and not for the hulu.com though..
    Edit 2: about:debug on browser set UAString to Desktop and it runs on browser too.

Obama's>god fix:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=794512

And if you don't have the Hulu App get it from here AvalaunchMods:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=720682
    I'm not sure what you mean when you say you pasted libflashplayer.so. What did you use to do this?
    And here is a link for the Hulu app. It comes from Ava's thread. The link is to my DropBox. http://db.tt/Q9mFvEE

Sent from my EVO rockin' MikFroYo!