Multiple Android/FirefoxOS-Starter (WinMo 6.5 + NativeSD-Android/FirefoxOS)

Search This thread

o82239

Sep 19, 2012
Hi,
I've developed a tool for dual/triple/quadro/... booting the NativeSD-ROMs (Android or FirefoxOS) from Windows Mobile 6.5

How to use it:
Extract the zip-file and copy the "WinAndroid.exe" in the NativeSD-directory on your SD-Card.

After starting it, the tool automaticaly analyses the NativeSD-Folder and it shows the installed ROMs. Then you can select the ROM (in the directory "/NativeSD/") or the Recovery (in directory "4EXTRecovery", "twrp2", "twrp2.3.3.0.ex" or "recoverytytungbackup") and click on "Boot selected" to start it.

V5 and V6:
capture008.jpg

Technical informations:
  • ROM-Start: It automaticaly copies the two files zImage and initrd.gz to the "NativeSD"-directory and starts clrcad.exe and haret.exe in the same directory.
  • Recovery-Start: It starts clrcad.exe and haret.exe in the "4EXTRecovery"-, "twrp2"- or "twrp2.3.3.0.ex"-directory.
  • Last booted Android (default selected): It starts the Android-ROM, which was started the last time. It is the same as "ROM-Start" without copy the two files. (since Version V2)

Tip:

1. To start the tool with one click, generate a link in the startmenu of Windows Mobile.
  2. If you use the Classic-SD-Methode (not NativeSD-Methode), then you can download the WinAndroid-Classic, extract it, copy the EXE in the directory of your Classic-SD-Android, generate a link in the startmenu of Windows Mobile and start it...

Startmenu:
Startmenu.jpg

Warning:
It's the first release and it can have some bugs... you should make a backup...

I've tested it with NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 (4.2.2), NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10 (4.1.2), NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 (4.0.4) (from tytung), PACman (4.1.2), AOKP(4.1.1) (from Xylograph) and CM7 (2.3.7) (from c1cl0n) and FirefoxOS (Boot to Gecko) (from feherneoh) ROMs with htc-WinMo6.5 (with .Net-Runtime 3.5). Because it is a .Net-program, it is possible, that it works on a Windows Phone 7.x too... someone should test and report it...

Thanks to Xylograph and securecrt for the great NativeSD-methode and thanks to all XDA-Devs. :)

Downloads:

NativeSD-V6:
6th release for NativeSD-Methode
new:
- Add "Extended twrp2" to the list of the recovery-versions (see Extended TWRP|v2.4.0.0)
View attachment WinAndroid-V6.zip

NativeSD-V5:
5th release for NativeSD-Methode
new:
- Add list of the recovery-versions (4EXTRecovery , twrp or Recovery for tytung-backuptool (WinMo 6.5 + NativeSD-Android))
- New sort-order (NativeSD-ROMs on the top)
View attachment WinAndroid-V5.zip

NativeSD-V4:
4th release for NativeSD-Methode
new:
- Backup-directory (from tytungs-backup-tool) ignored
View attachment WinAndroid-V4.zip

NativeSD-V3:
third release for NativeSD-Methode
new:
- Help-text on the top
- Last booted Version displayed on the top
- Reads file rom_name.txt in the same directory and display it on the top
- Writes the last booted ROM in the rom_name.txt (like the great datagr-android-tool :) )
- All program-errors are loged in a textfile "winandroid_error.txt"
View attachment WinAndroid-V3.zip

NativeSD-V2:
second release for NativeSD-Methode
new:
- ROMs sorted
- Add "Last booted Android" -> see Technical information -> 3. point
View attachment WinAndroid-v2.zip

NativeSD-V1:
first release for NativeSD-Methode
View attachment WinAndroid.zip

Classic-V2:
second Release for Classic-SD-Methode
new:
- new Icon (WinAndronia is the litle sister of WinAndroid)
View attachment WinAndroid-Classic-V2.zip

Classic-V1:
first Release for Classic-SD-Methode
View attachment WinAndroid-Classic.zip

Greetings,
Klaus

------------------------------------
Pictures of the old versions:

NativeSD-V4 and V3:
capture005.jpg

NativeSD-V2:
capture003.jpg

NativeSD-V1:
WinAndroid.jpg

Last edited:

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
Multiple Android-Starter (WinMo 6.5 + NativeSD-Android) works!

Thanks tested good on Windows Mobile WM6.5. Recognised all 11 of my NativeSD folders and booted into the one I selected (PAC). Renamed folder to 4EXTRecovery and it recognized and ran that.
Would be nice to be able to sort in alphabetical order.
Good job - much appreciated!
Cheers
Tom
Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: o82239 and poyensa

o82239

Sep 19, 2012
WinAndroid.exe (Native-SD version 2) released

Thanks tested good on Windows Mobile WM6.5. Recognised all 11 of my NativeSD folders and booted into the one I selected (PAC). Renamed folder to 4EXTRecovery and it recognized and ran that.
Would be nice to be able to sort in alphabetical order.
Good job - much appreciated!
Cheers
Tom
Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Hi,
thank you for your feedback. Now in Version V2, the ROMs are sorted. Try it...
Greeting,
Klaus

Last edited:
Reactions: Szczepanik

pakure

Sep 22, 2009
HYDERABAD
Hey I think this thread should be in android development...more useful there:thumbup:

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

o82239

Sep 19, 2012
Hey I think this thread should be in android development...more useful there:thumbup:

Hi,
I'm new on XDA...
Witch thread do you mean?
This is a WinMob.-Program... should this in a android forum?
Does other phones use clrcad and haret too?

Greetings,
Klaus

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
WinAndroid V2

Hi,
thank you for your feedback. Now in Version V2, the ROMs are sorted. Try it...
Greeting.
o82239 Fantastic thanks, V2 works well and it is nice to see the ROMs are sorted. I have started suggesting to some OPs that they add it to their first page.

This is a great first contribution to xda! Welcome! If you want another idea for a useful little WP program I would like a button (with suitable logo) that would run 4EXT Recovery. (I know I can run WinAndroid and then select Recovery but I am lazy! I already wrote a WM NativeSD-mscr but it does not have a nice logo!)

If you want to move your thread we can ask Poyensa or one of the other moderators to help. I agree that "HD2 Android Q&A and General" is probably not the right place. The question is what should it be under?
  • HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Android > HD2 Android Themes and Apps
  • HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Windows Mobile 6.5 > HD2 Windows Mobile 6.5 Themes and Apps
  • HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Android > HD2 Android SD Development
Although this is a Windows Mobile App, as it relates to Adnroid SD Development, I favour that but as Poyensa reads this thread I am sure he will guide you.

Cheers
Tom

Last edited:
Reactions: poyensa and o82239

LinChina

Dec 28, 2010
Shanghai
o82239 Fantastic thanks, V2 works well and it is nice to see the ROMs are sorted. I have started suggesting to some OPs that they add it to their first page.

This is a great first contribution to xda! Welcome! If you want another idea for a useful little WP program I would like a button (with suitable logo) that would run 4EXT Recovery........................

Cheers
Tom

Yes very nice start up into XDA, thanks a lot :good: !!!

I would like to add something to the wish/idea of Tom, in the Android SD developement section BoxmaX |23 |10 | BoxmaX.S3.5.v10 created a different approach for his ROM and clrcad and haret are not in the NativeSD folder but in the "Direct" folder on the root of the sdcard.

I don't know as I'm not a Hacker whether it would possible for your little tool to run a search and/or filter on folder containing clrcad and haret ?
This output could then be used to create a list/ui and to start the ROM the user just wanna use.

Cheers.....LinChina

Reactions: o82239

o82239

Sep 19, 2012
WinAndroid-Classic.exe (Classic-SD version 1) released

This is a great first contribution to xda! Welcome! If you want another idea for a useful little WP program I would like a button (with suitable logo) that would run 4EXT Recovery. (I know I can run WinAndroid and then select Recovery but I am lazy! I already wrote a WM NativeSD-mscr but it does not have a nice logo!)

Hi,
thanks...
Try the "Classic"-Tool (see new tool [with icon :)] in the first post), witch I've developed some month ago and now updating it with some improvements of the NativeSD-Version. You can copy it in your folder of each Android, make a link in the startmenu (perhaps rename it to the Android-Version, like "Recovery") and start it...

If you want to move your thread we can ask Poyensa or one of the other moderators to help. I agree that "HD2 Android Q&A and General" is probably not the right place. The question is what should it be under?
  • HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Windows Mobile 6.5 > HD2 Windows Mobile 6.5 Themes and Apps
Although this is a Windows Mobile App, as it relates to Adnroid SD Development, I favour that but as Poyensa reads this thread I am sure he will guide you.

Cheers
Tom

@ Poyensa (if you read this): What do you think? Is it the right place? If not: We can move it...

I would like to add something to the wish/idea of Tom, in the Android SD developement section BoxmaX |23 |10 | BoxmaX.S3.5.v10 created a different approach for his ROM and clrcad and haret are not in the NativeSD folder but in the "Direct" folder on the root of the sdcard.

I don't know as I'm not a Hacker whether it would possible for your little tool to run a search and/or filter on folder containing clrcad and haret ?
This output could then be used to create a list/ui and to start the ROM the user just wanna use.

Cheers.....LinChina

thanks...
What do you think about the "Classic"-Version in the first post?
I think, that we have a performance-problem, if we scan the SD-Card on every start of the program. I've a 32GByte-SD and very much files (car-navigation-software, geocaching-software,... with much map-files...) and it can take some houres to scan it. Therefore, to perfom it, I have to save the locations of the scanning and have to read it at start... but then I need an storage (database, registry, file,...) and I dont like this... I love tools with no trash: only copy it, try it and if it is not good, delete only one exe (no files, no database, no registry on place HKCU/HKLM,... which were created from the tool). Classic-Version is better, isn't it? You can copy 20 or more Classic-Versions in different folders and link them to the startmenu and rename the startmenu-icon.. What do you think?

I would be pleased to receive other feedbacks. Thanks and greetings...

Klaus

Last edited:

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
xda-developers.com/wiki/Android_Loader

Cheers.....LinChina
LinChina please look at the programs that I listed in the Wiki Android_Loader page I wrote
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Android_Loader
For example I use Android Loader as I have select the folder where your Android files are to be in NativeSD.
Cheers
Tom

o82239

Sep 19, 2012
Hi Tom (Szczepanik),
I've a litle request, because you have so much installed ROMs. Is the handling ok (scrollbar or touch and scroll)? What about landscape-mode? Can you post some screenshots?
I've only tested this in an emulator and this is not a HD2...
Is the Classic-tool (with icon :) )ok for your recovery?
Greetings and thanks for testing
Klaus

Reactions: Szczepanik

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
Screenshots

Hi Tom (Szczepanik),
I've a litle request, because you have so much installed ROMs. Is the handling ok (scrollbar or touch and scroll)? What about landscape-mode? Can you post some screenshots?
I've only tested this in an emulator and this is not a HD2...
Is the Classic-tool (with icon :) )ok for your recovery?
Greetings and thanks for testing
Klaus
Klaus
Please find attached screenshots as requested. I would suggest a program title at the top of the screen. When I try and press the first row for Recovery, my screen turns off because it is too close to the proximity sensor :laugh:
Thanks for the Classic-tool - it works OK for recovery but has the same icon as the WinAndroid one but do not worry (I will use my MortScript as it has a different icon).

Thanks to Poyensa you have a new home for this thread.

Cheers
Tom

Attachments

• Info.jpg
    Info.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 412
  • Menu.jpg
    Menu.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 393
  • AndroidStarter.jpg
    AndroidStarter.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 440
  • ScreenShot.jpg
    ScreenShot.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 404

o82239

Sep 19, 2012
Klaus
Please find attached screenshots as requested. I would suggest a program title at the top of the screen. When I try and press the first row for Recovery, my screen turns off because it is too close to the proximity sensor :laugh:
Thanks for the Classic-tool - it works OK for recovery but has the same icon as the WinAndroid one but do not worry (I will use my MortScript as it has a different icon).

Thanks to Poyensa you have a new home for this thread.

Cheers
Tom

Tank you... looks great...
about "proximity sensor": you can select the recovery-entry on the right side of th screen, can't you?
Cheers
Klaus

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
Tank you... looks great... about "proximity sensor": you can select the recovery-entry on the right side of th screen, can't you?
Cheers
Klaus
Klaus yes I can select the recovery-entry on the right side of the screen. I still think it would look better with a title bar and one or two lines of instruction, for example, "Select Recovery or NativeSD ROM and then press Boot select..."

Can I make another request. In datagr Android application he updates a text file with the folder name of the currently selected ROM. Could you do the same please? The file in the NativeSD folder is called Rom_name.txt
Cheers
Tom

o82239

Sep 19, 2012
Klaus yes I can select the recovery-entry on the right side of the screen. I still think it would look better with a title bar and one or two lines of instruction, for example, "Select Recovery or NativeSD ROM and then press Boot select..."

Hi,
my intention was to maximise the place for the listbox. But your idea with instruction is good. I think, I should add a "help"-entry in the menu...

Can I make another request. In datagr Android application he updates a text file with the folder name of the currently selected ROM. Could you do the same please? The file in the NativeSD folder is called Rom_name.txt
Cheers
Tom

yes, good idea. Perhaps this text could also be added behind the entry "last booted..."
I can't do it this week, because I'm in hollyday without my development-environment... Perhaps next week...

Cheers
Klaus

LinChina

Dec 28, 2010
Shanghai
LinChina please look at the programs that I listed in the Wiki Android_Loader page I wrote
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Android_Loader
For example I use Android Loader as I have select the folder where your Android files are to be in NativeSD.
Cheers
Tom

Thanks, I used mskip loader till now, but maybe will try the Andorid starter classic as Klaus proposed and check which suits better to my needs.

Cheers.....LinChina

Last edited:

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
In datagr Android application he updates a text file with the folder name of the currently selected ROM. Could you do the same please? The file in the NativeSD folder is called Rom_name.txt
Klaus please forget this idea as datagr has been given some magic (code) different way to get the ROM name and probably will not update the text file. However you could use the text file technique if you want to.
At my request, c1cl0n has kindly put a link to your program on the front page of his [Oct 29, 2012] [NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 9 [tytung HWA R3.5] [SD/NativeSD] thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1681906

Enjoy your holiday and thanks again.
Cheers
Tom

Last edited:

o82239

Sep 19, 2012
Hi,
has someone test it with WinPhone7.x?

Fietz

Mar 24, 2012
Breitscheid
For what?

Look in Android/General or HD2/General for mengfei's Trippel Boot Tudorial!

Send from my Leo using Tapatalk

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
Wiki HTC HD2/Android Loader

I have added Multiple Android-Starter to the Wiki Android_Loader page I wrote
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/HTC_HD2/Android_Loader
I also suggested to c1cl0n that he adds a link to the front page of his excellent ROM
[NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 9 [tytung HWA R3.5] [SD/NativeSD]
c1cl0n May I suggest you add two links to your Op post on the first page:
Thanks and credits to o82239
Multiple Android-Starter (WinMo 6.5 + NativeSD-Android)

Main functions:
- Tool for dual/triple/quadro/... booting the NativeSD-Roms from Windows Mobile 6.5​
Cheers
Tom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I've developed a tool for dual/triple/quadro/... booting the NativeSD-ROMs (Android or FirefoxOS) from Windows Mobile 6.5

How to use it:
    Extract the zip-file and copy the "WinAndroid.exe" in the NativeSD-directory on your SD-Card.

After starting it, the tool automaticaly analyses the NativeSD-Folder and it shows the installed ROMs. Then you can select the ROM (in the directory "/NativeSD/") or the Recovery (in directory "4EXTRecovery", "twrp2", "twrp2.3.3.0.ex" or "recoverytytungbackup") and click on "Boot selected" to start it.

V5 and V6:
    capture008.jpg

Technical informations:
    • ROM-Start: It automaticaly copies the two files zImage and initrd.gz to the "NativeSD"-directory and starts clrcad.exe and haret.exe in the same directory.
    • Recovery-Start: It starts clrcad.exe and haret.exe in the "4EXTRecovery"-, "twrp2"- or "twrp2.3.3.0.ex"-directory.
    • Last booted Android (default selected): It starts the Android-ROM, which was started the last time. It is the same as "ROM-Start" without copy the two files. (since Version V2)

Tip:

1. To start the tool with one click, generate a link in the startmenu of Windows Mobile.
    2. If you use the Classic-SD-Methode (not NativeSD-Methode), then you can download the WinAndroid-Classic, extract it, copy the EXE in the directory of your Classic-SD-Android, generate a link in the startmenu of Windows Mobile and start it...

Startmenu:
    Startmenu.jpg

Warning:
    It's the first release and it can have some bugs... you should make a backup...

I've tested it with NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 (4.2.2), NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10 (4.1.2), NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 (4.0.4) (from tytung), PACman (4.1.2), AOKP(4.1.1) (from Xylograph) and CM7 (2.3.7) (from c1cl0n) and FirefoxOS (Boot to Gecko) (from feherneoh) ROMs with htc-WinMo6.5 (with .Net-Runtime 3.5). Because it is a .Net-program, it is possible, that it works on a Windows Phone 7.x too... someone should test and report it...

Thanks to Xylograph and securecrt for the great NativeSD-methode and thanks to all XDA-Devs. :)

Downloads:

NativeSD-V6:
    6th release for NativeSD-Methode
    new:
    - Add "Extended twrp2" to the list of the recovery-versions (see Extended TWRP|v2.4.0.0)
    View attachment WinAndroid-V6.zip

NativeSD-V5:
    5th release for NativeSD-Methode
    new:
    - Add list of the recovery-versions (4EXTRecovery , twrp or Recovery for tytung-backuptool (WinMo 6.5 + NativeSD-Android))
    - New sort-order (NativeSD-ROMs on the top)
    View attachment WinAndroid-V5.zip

NativeSD-V4:
    4th release for NativeSD-Methode
    new:
    - Backup-directory (from tytungs-backup-tool) ignored
    View attachment WinAndroid-V4.zip

NativeSD-V3:
    third release for NativeSD-Methode
    new:
    - Help-text on the top
    - Last booted Version displayed on the top
    - Reads file rom_name.txt in the same directory and display it on the top
    - Writes the last booted ROM in the rom_name.txt (like the great datagr-android-tool :) )
    - All program-errors are loged in a textfile "winandroid_error.txt"
    View attachment WinAndroid-V3.zip

NativeSD-V2:
    second release for NativeSD-Methode
    new:
    - ROMs sorted
    - Add "Last booted Android" -> see Technical information -> 3. point
    View attachment WinAndroid-v2.zip

NativeSD-V1:
    first release for NativeSD-Methode
    View attachment WinAndroid.zip

Classic-V2:
    second Release for Classic-SD-Methode
    new:
    - new Icon (WinAndronia is the litle sister of WinAndroid)
    View attachment WinAndroid-Classic-V2.zip

Classic-V1:
    first Release for Classic-SD-Methode
    View attachment WinAndroid-Classic.zip

Greetings,
    Klaus

------------------------------------
    Pictures of the old versions:

NativeSD-V4 and V3:
    capture005.jpg

NativeSD-V2:
    capture003.jpg

NativeSD-V1:
    WinAndroid.jpg
    quick auto launch tytung backup...

Hi @all WinMobil/Android user,
    some day ago I wrote:
    ... How about a quick link to auto launch Tytung backup program ?
    Cheers
    Tom
    Today I've read much about initrd.gz and have extract the file of Xylographs great 4extrecovery... it's very interesting... do you know, if someone has build a mini-OS (like the 4extrecovery), that auto launch a aroma-zip-file (like Tytungs great backup tool)? If I or we can build it, I would integrate it in my NativeSD-tool from first post...
    today I've build the mini-android, which only starts Tytungs backup/recovery program... I've only tested it with original htc-WinMobile-6.5 ROM.

Installation:
    1. download the great 4extrecovery from Xylograph, extract and copy all files to the SD-Card in the folder 4extrecovery
    2. download the great Tytung backup program (or from his NativeSD Touch Recovery website) and copy the zip-file in the root of the SD-Card
    3. rename the "initrd.gz" from the 4extrecovery-folder to "initrd.gz.xylo"
    4. download the "initrd.gz" from this post and copy it in the 4extrecovery-folder on the SD-Card
    5. copy the "initrd.gz" to "initrd.gz.tytung"
    6. start my tool of the first post and boot into "Recovery"...
    ...now, after round about 15 sec. the backup/recovery-tool is started...

• If you want to go back to the original 4extrecovery: Copy "initrd.gz.xylo" to "initrd.gz" (in the 4extrecovery-folder of the SD-Card)
    • If you want to go back to the Tytung backup tool in the 4extrecovery: Copy the "initrd.gz.tytung" to "initrd.gz" (in the 4extrecovery-folder of the SD-Card)

Note: This is the very first release with hard coded folder and zip-files. If we all want to have an other folder, other tools or other things, let us discuss.

Please test it, if it works on your phones and give me a feedback...

Download new initrd.gz
    View attachment initrd.gz

Cheers
    Klaus
    Update first post and title

Updated first post and the title of this thread:
    This tool can also start FirefoxOS (Boot to Gecko) ...

uploadfromtaptalk1371377807461.jpg

Cheers
    Klaus

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app
    version 5 supports "Recovery for tytung-backuptool"

Hi,
    info: Version 5 supports
    Recovery for tytung-backuptool (WinMo 6.5 + NativeSD-Android)
    The first post of this thread is updated :)

Cheers
    Klaus
    WinAndroid-Classic.exe (Classic-SD version 1) released

Hi,
    thanks...
    Try the "Classic"-Tool (see new tool [with icon :)] in the first post), witch I've developed some month ago and now updating it with some improvements of the NativeSD-Version. You can copy it in your folder of each Android, make a link in the startmenu (perhaps rename it to the Android-Version, like "Recovery") and start it...

Cheers
    Tom

@ Poyensa (if you read this): What do you think? Is it the right place? If not: We can move it...

Cheers.....LinChina

thanks...
    What do you think about the "Classic"-Version in the first post?
    I think, that we have a performance-problem, if we scan the SD-Card on every start of the program. I've a 32GByte-SD and very much files (car-navigation-software, geocaching-software,... with much map-files...) and it can take some houres to scan it. Therefore, to perfom it, I have to save the locations of the scanning and have to read it at start... but then I need an storage (database, registry, file,...) and I dont like this... I love tools with no trash: only copy it, try it and if it is not good, delete only one exe (no files, no database, no registry on place HKCU/HKLM,... which were created from the tool). Classic-Version is better, isn't it? You can copy 20 or more Classic-Versions in different folders and link them to the startmenu and rename the startmenu-icon.. What do you think?

I would be pleased to receive other feedbacks. Thanks and greetings...

Klaus