[PORT][TeamVeNuM]Battery Saver Script - SUPERFREEZE

Search This thread

alizonmi

Jun 17, 2010
OP can you help me with this issue? Superfreeze worked to disable all the services. But Media Hub is still working in the "running services". Do you have any idea why this is occurring? Also I'm only getting 7 hours of battery life. I'm running a stock rom on EL29 rooted. Any help will be great!

Skorpion56

Aug 13, 2010
Lawrence
Quicky. Ive downloaded the files and placed them into the correct places. ES wont let me move or copy them to /system/bin.... Any suggestions?
=Says its "Not allowed"

A1-APMLLC

Oct 14, 2010
You will need to mount the directory as R/W then return it back to R/O.

I used Root Explorer to install those 2 files into the /system/bin directory.

Stikman

May 12, 2007
I followed all of the steps as described in the OP, copied the 2 files (I tried both versions in the zip, odd that the instructions never address the fact that the zip contains 2 versions of the files in the system/ and system/bin directories in the zip) and installed a terminal program. I set the system directory back to read only, and ran the commands as directed. The terminal program correctly got superuser access, but when I run the superfreeze command, all I get is:

superfreeze: permission denied

For reference, I am using Calkulin's 2.91.

What am I doing wrong?

Reactions: 1stCentauri

Admiral2145

Sep 28, 2010
Xiaomi Poco F3
Google Pixel 6
I followed all of the steps as described in the OP, copied the 2 files (I tried both versions in the zip, odd that the instructions never address the fact that the zip contains 2 versions of the files in the system/ and system/bin directories in the zip) and installed a terminal program. I set the system directory back to read only, and ran the commands as directed. The terminal program correctly got superuser access, but when I run the superfreeze command, all I get is:

superfreeze: permission denied

For reference, I am using Calkulin's 2.91.

What am I doing wrong?

Diddo I have same issue... Anyone know how to fix this?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: 1stCentauri

1stCentauri

Aug 22, 2011
Bristol
Same here, same ROM, same steps followed. "Permission denied" ::glares:: thought I had all the permission I needed with Root, guess not. Such is life, hopefully this will get fixed or we three will be enlightened relatively soon!

Rinzler

Jan 26, 2011
Upgraded to an ICS rom with my el29 on superfreeze. I cannot open system updates in the new FC07 stock rooted rom.

any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wtaatl.jpg

...:::YOUR BATTERY'S ANTIDOTE IS BEING DISPENSED BY:::...

2yuwn0z.jpg

<<<<---------<<TEAM VeNuM>>--------->>>>

PERMANENTLY DISABLE BATTERY-DRAINING SERVICES:
    INTRO
    After receiving permission from RandomKing, I began adjusting his SUPERFREEZE script and successfully ported it over from the OG Epic 4G to our Epic Touch 4G! It basically takes four specific commands(listed right below this intro) and combines them into one, single word, superfreeze, which can then be used instead to execute their actions. The script is used to PERMANENTLY disable all four services managed by the commands(the services being DRM, SYSTEM UPDATES, MEDIAHUB & SOCIALHUB). In addition to superfreeze, superdefrost(used to re-enable the services) is added to the bin folder as well. And to give you any idea of how well your device may perform after disabling these services, last night my phone drop only 1% b/w 1am - 7am, thats 1% every 6 hours!!!

This is what superfreeze actually does for you:
    Code:
    [B]pm disable com.sec.android.providers.drm(DRM)
    pm disable com.sec.android.socialhub(SOCIALHUB)
    pm disable com.samsung(SYSTEM UPDATES)
    pm disable com.sdgtl.mediahub.spr(MEDIAHUB)[/B]
    [SIZE="1"]****not yet added BUT is highly recommend to execute the following command****[/SIZE]
    [B]pm disable com.sec.android.app.sns(SNS)[/B]
    The purpose of this post is to save your battery as much juice as possible, so if you would rather not download this mod and flash it through CWM, you could just type the above commands in a Terminal emulator. It will take you all but 1-2mins, without the need of downloading and installing any 3rd party apps that will not only take up space, but will also use up your battery and system resources. The end result will be the same, which is to PERMANENTLY disable the following services, only using these commands/script is free, and requires no battery or system resources to maintain them disabled!

SERVICES AFFECTED BY USING THE MOD

2624fol.png

-DRM-
    Digital Rights Management - I haven't noticed any difference when playing back streaming/downloaded media. Disabling this, or any other services listed below, will not have an adverse effect on your system, besides that on battery life, BUT REMOVING them may cause issues....
    ...:::UPDATE - Since Starburst v1.8 has removed all of these mentioned services, there's no longer a need for a separate version. Just flash the ROM and these services will be DELETED from the get-go BUT proceed with caution as random reboots are present. FYI I'm currently on another ROM which also has the lock mod and none have reported ANY reboots yet:::...

-SYSTEM UPDATES-
    When using a custom ROM its best to NOT update using anything that is OTA distributed, so why have this kept running?
    ...:::Only if you need to update PRL or PROFILE, listed under SETTINGS>ABOUT PHONE>SYSTEM UPDATES, do you need to re-enable this service using the superdefrost command:::...

-MEDIAHUB-
    I have never used this app and it too is contstantly listed under RUNNING APPS

-SOCIALHUB-
    Have only used it a few times w/ my text messages, and being that its constantly listed under RUNNING APPS, I'd rather have more battery life and disable it

....::::NOT YET INCLUDED(working on having more than four disabled in one shot)::::....

-SNS-

Social Network Services - does NOT effect the Facebook app available in the Market. Is usually listed as a cached process, so even though it may not be consuming as much battery as the rest of these services, it is using some and system resources.
    As of now, the script is only allowing four services to be successfully disabled. Whenever an addition line of command is entered it combines two and causes errors. In the meantime, to save more battery life, enter the command listed above, found underneath the INTRO, to disable the SNS service

DISCLAIMER: Use at your own risk. In no way, shape or form will any member of Team VeNuM or myself be held responsible if anything were to happen to your device or your life by flashing anything posted on here!!!

DOWNLOAD:
    click here

INSTRUCTIONS:
    ****IF INSTALLING OVER 2.3.6 BASED OS's(EL13\EL26\EL29):

1)Download zip above
    2)Extract both superfreeze and superdefrost out of zip and copy them to phone storage(either sdcard or internal, doesn't matter which one)
    3)Use a ROOT file manager, such as ROOT EXPLORER, or a free alternative, ES File Manager, to navigate to the location of the two files and copy them to /system/bin
    5)Change the permissions of the scripts to RWXRWXRW-
    6)If using Root Explorer, Skip down to HOW TO USE THE MOD section and continue following directions, BUT if using ES File Manager, read on...

GAIN ROOT ACCESS USING ES FILE MANAGER:
    1)Hit the MENU key, and select SETTINGS
    2)Scroll down to the ROOT SETTINGS section and select ROOT EXPLORER, and hit YES when WARNING window appears
    3)Afterwards, when the SUPERUSER REQUEST windows appears, hit ALLOW
    4)Also under ROOT SETTINGS, mark box for MOUNT FILE SYSTEM
    5)Hit the BACK key and navigate to where you copied the SUPERFREEZE script, LONG-PRESS on it and select COPY
    6)Now, hit the FAVORITES button up above(and if you don't see it, toggle it by hitting the button with box in it at the very TOP LEFT), and then select the DEVICE option, which has the / symbol underneath it(in between HOME and DOWNLOADS)
    7)Now scroll down and select SYSTEM, then BIN
    8)Hit the little UP ARROW, dead in the center, at the very bottom of the screen, which will pull up the "clipboard" and select SUPERUSER. This will drop it in /SYSTEM/BIN, which is where we want it
    9)Now navigate to SUPERUSER and LONG-PRESS it, but this time select PROPERTIES
    10)Hit the CHANGE button, next to PERMISSIONS and select all the choices except for OTHERS/EXECUTE(the one at the bottom right)
    11)Skip down to HOW TO USE THE MOD section and continue following directions :D

Old Instructions, For 2.3.4 Based OS's(EG30\EG31\EK02)
    1)Download zip above
    3)Copy it to SDCard
    2)reboot into CWM
    3)flash zip(no need to wipe)
    4)If you get an error message stating that installation was aborted, just navigate to zip, and flash again, without rebooting recovery
    5)after a successful flash, reboot into phone

HOW TO USE THE MOD:
    1)download a terminal emulator free from the Market;suggestion
    2)open the app and type the following:

To disable the services:
    Code:
    su
    superfreeze

To re-enable the services:
    Code:
    su
    superdefrost
    This is what it looks like:
    28u613s.png

A closer look at what its doing:
    sc9iyv.png

Please hit the thanks button if this helps you in any way, and devs, you'll know the drill ;)!
    Also please visit RandomKing's thread here and give him props too, thanks!
    And for further information on RandomKing's battery saving tips, you can click on the link below to visit his blog:
    http://randomking.romgeeks.com/development/battery-saving-tips/
    Sorry to wake this thread back up but I have tried this on quite a few different Roms and can't get it to work... after flashing the zip in cwm I go to terminal emulator and type "su" and then "superfreeze" and it doesn't work... see picture attached

Please help

Thanks
    6305e90f-b875-b0c9.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

Its all good man, I've been trying it also and it seems that something is preventing the script from being copied over to an EL13 based system, and I don't have the slightest clue as to why! However, you could extract the two scripts(superfreeze and superdefrost) from the zip and then use Root Explorer to copy them over to /system/bin to get it working! Let me know if you need any help
    I am on SBv1.7. Flashed with no error. Did the commands and the experimental command for SNS as well. The only thing is that my DRM did not disable! I did not use the zip ending in ALL b/c I am on SB1.7. How do I disable DRM?

I believe PhantomHacker already disable the DRM thus the "low" linpack and whatnot scores that people have been noticing. You can read this in his ROM thread near the end.
    Hey, I flashed this last night on calkulin's rom and everything went fine but I decided to give strongsteve's rom a test and I've flashed the zip several times and no matter what it doesn't add anything to the system. When I type superfreeze it says superfreeze not found. I looked in system and system/bin and the files are not there. Not sure what the problem is. Can I place the files in manually with root explorer? If so, do they go in system and system/bin? And what are the permissions? Thanks.

Yea my bad, I didnt post that this zip is only compatible with all deodexed ROMs only BUT yes u can just push it to /system/bin, and just select all permissions, 777, and it should work and if that dont do it, you should definitely be able to type them in manually, I've posted the commands to disable each service towards the top of OP! Please let me know how it goes soI can update OP- TIA!
    viperrom

Wanted to check this out with viperrom and it flashed fine first try but i got a couple errors/permission denied when i ran the script so i thought id post the screenshot and see what you guys think

running viperrom and got this same message must be a rom thing