[Q] Sd Card Not Working

Search This thread

bart796

May 21, 2013
Ok i have searched the the forum and none seem to directly apply to my issue so ill post this and hope its not a repost. I have the 2014 edition and i picked up my tablet off the table yesterday and noticed some icons greyed out. I went into settings/storage and noticed the sd was not mounted which was odd so i clicked mount and nothing happened and i realized it said insert sd. I took the card out and put the card from my phone in and it didnt recognize that one either. I put the card from the tablet in my phone and it worked instantly. I have formatted the tablet installed the stock rom, installed cleanrom. Nothing seems to work. Obviously my warranty is void and as i can find no apparent way to untrip the knox counter (go to hell samsung with that stupid efuse crap) anyone have any other ideas to repair this thing. It has no been dropped or anything that i can recall nor water or anything of that nature it just decide to stop working i imagine. thanks in advance.

jonling

Feb 12, 2014
Grand Rapids
Ok i have searched the the forum and none seem to directly apply to my issue so ill post this and hope its not a repost. I have the 2014 edition and i picked up my tablet off the table yesterday and noticed some icons greyed out. I went into settings/storage and noticed the sd was not mounted which was odd so i clicked mount and nothing happened and i realized it said insert sd. I took the card out and put the card from my phone in and it didnt recognize that one either. I put the card from the tablet in my phone and it worked instantly. I have formatted the tablet installed the stock rom, installed cleanrom. Nothing seems to work. Obviously my warranty is void and as i can find no apparent way to untrip the knox counter (go to hell samsung with that stupid efuse crap) anyone have any other ideas to repair this thing. It has no been dropped or anything that i can recall nor water or anything of that nature it just decide to stop working i imagine. thanks in advance.

I have had three (name brand) go bad in the last 10 months or so. I now always get the replacement warranty with each one. The last one just before I got the Note was the first replaced by the warranty. Well worth the 4.99 for a year of replacement.

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh

There are other postings in the G-Note 2014 section that have reported the same issue.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2678229
In almost all the cases it is NOT the tablet but the card.
Even if the card works in a phone but not your tablet does not mean that your tablet is defective.
I have a few questions for you that will help us to help you.

What brand is the card?
What class is the card?
Did you purchase it from a local retailer or Ebay?
Was it sold to you bulk or in a genuine retail package?
How old is the card?
What file system is the card formatted as?
Have you tried another card in your tablet?

Reactions: Geordie Affy

bart796

May 21, 2013
There are other postings in the G-Note 2014 section that have reported the same issue.
Even if the card works in a phone but not your tablet does not mean that your tablet is defective.

What brand is the card?
What class is the card?
How old is the card?

It is a genuine card. It is a sandisk ultra 32gb card i bought from walmart or bestbuy or something local i forget where but it was a big name place not something online. Card is less then a year old file system is whatever android formatted it as i tried the card from my phone it doesnt work in my tablet either its definitely my tablet and not the card.

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh
It is a genuine card. It is a sandisk ultra 32gb card i bought from walmart or bestbuy or something local i forget where but it was a big name place not something online. Card is less then a year old file system is whatever android formatted it as i tried the card from my phone it doesnt work in my tablet either its definitely my tablet and not the card.

I see...... You made this determination just because it works in your phone and not in the tablet or do you have a second SD card that you tested in the tablet and it did not work as well?

bart796

May 21, 2013
I see...... You made this determination just because it works in your phone and not in the tablet or do you have a second SD card that you tested in the tablet and it did not work as well?
Actually i tested 3 different sd cards in a 32 gb an 8gb and a 2gb none of them worked but all worked in my samsung galaxy s3 and in my card reader in my laptop which says to me that it is the tablet itself not the sd cards

mikep2323

Dec 14, 2011
Just something I would do is flash stock rom with Odin and start over and see if that helps if you can't return it.Do you have jellybean or kit kat on it? I saw with a post so where and they were saying kit kat won't read the external ad cards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What brand is the card?
    What class is the card?
    How old is the card?