SHARP INFOBAR C01: Rooting, Unlocking, Installing ROMs

Search This thread

Sokky

May 12, 2014
I need some help with this, and seeing that people have worked on the Infobar A01/02 I would assume there's people here who can tackle this. I have no idea how you would go about Rooting or Unlocking a SHARP device, let alone a Japanese one and I don't see the C01 listed anywhere.
I'd also like to know how I would go about installing a ROM alongside the default one on here.

Sokky

May 12, 2014
I need some help with this, and seeing that people have worked on the Infobar A01/02 I would assume there's people here who can tackle this. I have no idea how you would go about Rooting or Unlocking a SHARP device, let alone a Japanese one and I don't see the C01 listed anywhere.
I'd also like to know how I would go about installing a ROM alongside the default one on here.
Anyone at all? The least I'd need to know is how to boot into recovery mode. I found one site that talks about the power and volume buttons at startup but nothing happens. I've gotten into recovery with a G1 but that's about it. Do I have to like inject my own recovery bootloader or something?

Sokky

May 12, 2014
Bumping, still no luck on finding a GingerBread 2.3.4 rooting option.
I'm trying to inject su and Superuser manually but I can't mount with the recovery menu, so I'm trying to install CWM but I need root to do that, but that gives me root to give myself root. l:L
I'm in a vicious cycle, pls send hepl im dyign
What's a universal root method for GingerBread 2.3.4?

Sokky

May 12, 2014
Just found out you can't get a universal root for 2.3.4 and that you have to have a custom method. Ho how would you go about making a root method at all?

Sokky

May 12, 2014
I also think that the phone has a locked bootloader which would explain why I can't access the recovery menu options. I feel a bit silly, I suppose that's a large reason why some of this stuff isn't working at all. If anyone knows some Infobar bootloader stuff just feel free to post.

Sokky

May 12, 2014
I just found a thread about someone else trying to figure out all of the things I'm trying to figure out only it's not on an Infobar but another Sharp device on KDDI. I think they eventually found someone else had made a root, but I kinda didn't read the entire thread. Still wondering if anyone has already got a solution.

friendly1uk

Sep 16, 2014
Much the same

I have a c01 here in the UK, still wearing factory stickers. A very poor buy, considering I can't make a call with it. I have looked high and low but can't get anywhere with it. Sharp/kddi/AU I have asked them all. No can do. Although I read a Canadian chap had his unlocked by them, they simply won't at any cost.

I can't even get a phone shop to look at it.

To be honest, I know about as much as my gran about mobiles. I'm a quick study, but would rather pay, if there was somebody to pay.

Any positive direction would be much appreciated. Best advice so far is to bin it and try to forget.