[ROM] 2.29.405.5 WWE - Rooted/Bash/BusyBox/UV [v5 21/12/10]

Search This thread

Mekrel

Apr 20, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Added a script as an attachment to this post that walks user through the removal of applications from /system without the user knowing how to use ADB.

I'm very happy with my purchase of the HTC Desire back in April this year, but have always thought battery life could be better and believe it should be the main aspect to improve with custom software.

I've read and experienced good things in regards to battery life with 2.29.405, so decided to make myself a ROM that's based entirely on it, with only removing applications I don't use, adding undervolt for even more battery saving and adding AP2SD which is essential due to the low internal memory.

I thought I would share it in case others may wish to try it out, I highly recommend the new radio.

With thanks to:
  • Paul - for rooting the HTC Desire
  • UnrEVOked - for making the above easier and finding ways around the new bootloaders
  • IEF and co - for the S-OFF hboot
  • Cyanogen - His Wiki on compiling all things Android and guides on how Android works
  • Richardtrip & snq- - helped a lot with questions I've had
  • Teppic74 - Getting me interested in ROM cooking, his modified AP2SD and scaling scripts
  • iscaela - Undervolt driver
  • dsixda - for the Kitchen

What you get:
  • ROM based on 2.29.405 WWE RUU posted here
  • Busybox (1.17.3)
  • Bash
  • Init.d support
  • NOT deodexed
  • AP2SD+ via EXT partition (Supports EXT2 and 3)
  • Read ahead value changed to 128, improves reading speed from the SDCard
  • Undervolt driver with -100mV on all freq's (Hex edited to support the Kernel from the RUU)
  • Moved hosts to /data to allow updating via AdFree Android application without the need to have S-OFF (do not use the symlink in AdFree Android)
  • Perflock disabled (Hex edited to support the Kernel from the RUU)
  • Updated applications
  • - REM GSD

Installation Guide
  1. If you do not have an EXT2 or 3 partition on your SDCard, create one before going onto step 2
  2. Copy the ROM .zip file to your SDCard
  3. Reboot into recovery
  4. If you've come from a different ROM, wipe data, ext, cache and dalvik-cache
  5. Flash the .zip file
  6. If you downloaded the ROM Editor script and wish to use it - do not reboot and proceed to step 7. Otherwise reboot as normal
  7. Extract the contents of the ROM-Editor.zip
  8. Run the ROM-Editor.bat file
  9. Select option 1
  10. Read the warning
  11. Follow the prompts on screen
  12. Once applications have been removed, press 3 to exit and reboot
  13. If you've not already installed the recommended Radio, reboot into recovery and install the radio

Download link:
http://www.multiupload.com/SAEPLNMOG7

Recommended Radio - one that comes with the RUU
32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27

Addons (Attached to this post)
  • Reduce Undervolt - Reduces undervolt from 100mv to 75mv, flash if you're experiencing stability issues.
  • ROM Editor - Run ROMEditor.bat as administrator and follow the on screen instructions. Recommended to run after first flash.

Attachments

• ROMEditor.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,579
  • Reduce_Undervolt_Signed.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,628
Last edited:

Mekrel

Apr 20, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Change log:

v5 - 21/12/2010
  • * Optimised framework
  • * Updated all applications to current versions in /system
  • * Updated Market (version was pushed out officially, so added it in)
  • + Moved hosts file to /data to allow updating via AdFree without S-OFF

v4 - 12/12/2010
  • * New base - HTC 2.29.405.5
  • * Changed how read_ahead_kb is set

v3 - 10/12/2010
  • * Removed no applications apart from GSD.apk (hidden HTC debug tool)
  • * Updated all applications to latest found on the Market
  • * Changed AP2SD+ back to Cyanogen version, modified by Teppic (Due to DT taking up too much space)
  • + Adding screen state scaling script by FloHimself, modified by Teppic

v2 - 14/11/2010
  • * Changed AP2SD+ to Darktremor version
  • + Add read ahead ("SD Card read speed fix")

v1
Initial release

Last edited:

19chaosnik

Jun 6, 2010
Sorry for my english and for my stupid question but hboot upgrade or not, and is german language supported?

salvatore82

Jul 22, 2010
Naples-Florence
Hi, I installed it 3 hours ago and I'm trying it. It's very fast at now (I put LauncherPro Plus)! So, some question for you:

1) Can I put SetCPU? It will work?
2) If i'd like to uninstall some features like facebook, footprints ecc can I do it?

Thanks in advance.

nehro

Sep 13, 2010
alexandria
i waited this really thnx good work
just a question if i am not a fan of a2sd+ and i didnt make an sd ext
if i install this rom it will take more memory than the base rom or what ??
i mean in some roms if it's a2sd+ and u dont have ext after flashing the rom u find that the memory is very low and that's what i'm asking about now..

Mekrel

Apr 20, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Sorry for my english and for my stupid question but hboot upgrade or not, and is german language supported?

It's not a stupid question. According to the language menu it supports:

English
English Irish
French
Italian
Spanish

It doesn't contain a hboot upgrade.

You can use German via More Locale2 from the Market, failing that I can try and add German support. I'm surprised a WWE ROM doesn't list German.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Mekrel

Apr 20, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Hi, I installed it 3 hours ago and I'm trying it. It's very fast at now (I put LauncherPro Plus)! So, some question for you:

1) Can I put SetCPU? It will work?
2) If i'd like to uninstall some features like facebook, footprints ecc can I do it?

Thanks in advance.

1) SetCPU should work yes, this ROM doesn't support overclocking but will allow underclocking.

2) You can remove any applications you want by booting into recovery and removing the .apk and .odex file via adb shell.

Mekrel

Apr 20, 2010
Buckinghamshire
i waited this really thnx good work
just a question if i am not a fan of a2sd+ and i didnt make an sd ext
if i install this rom it will take more memory than the base rom or what ??
i mean in some roms if it's a2sd+ and u dont have ext after flashing the rom u find that the memory is very low and that's what i'm asking about now..

It won't take any more memory than the base ROM. Nothing gets installed to the /data partition until you setup phone preferences via the setup wizard, install system application updates via the market or restore backups. Also due to the removal of peep etc, the ROM takes up less space on the /system partition.

nehro

Sep 13, 2010
alexandria
thnx 4 ur reply
so now when i flash it even if i dont have an ext it wont take more memory ok
then i install like i always do modinstall location and choose to sd it will work normal like my last rom any thing i install will be in rom and phone remains like it is..

nehro

Sep 13, 2010
alexandria
another thing plz
do u know that till now i am trying to download from rapideshare and i have to wait and to use firefox download so i asking if it's not hard and urnt busy to upload the rom on a better site than rapideshare like megaupload or mediafire cuz i want it i like ur work updated to the last ruu=)

Mekrel

Apr 20, 2010
Buckinghamshire
thnx 4 ur reply
so now when i flash it even if i dont have an ext it wont take more memory ok
then i install like i always do modinstall location and choose to sd it will work normal like my last rom any thing i install will be in rom and phone remains like it is..

I've never used mod install location so I can't say how well it works, I do know that:

1. Not everything can be forced to the SD Card
2. Some applications like flash, third party keyboards and applications with widgets you use, don't like being installed to the SD Card

In regards to the Mirror, does the multi upload link not provide you with more choices that RapidShare? Unfortunately I'm away until the weekend so there's not much I can do until I'm back.

nehro

Sep 13, 2010
alexandria
I've never used mod install location so I can't say how well it works, I do know that:

1. Not everything can be forced to the SD Card
2. Some applications like flash, third party keyboards and applications with widgets you use, don't like being installed to the SD Card

In regards to the Mirror, does the multi upload link not provide you with more choices that RapidShare? Unfortunately I'm away until the weekend so there's not much I can do until I'm back.

ok thnx for ur reply i apreciate it
ana yes aha i found another sites at bottom of the site i didnt notice them there some ads taking a big space of the site=) thnx..

salvatore82

Jul 22, 2010
Naples-Florence
Hi again!
I've removed with adb the application as you said, everything went fine. Deodex ROM give me more pain, so I abandoned this idea. But now I've another question...can I change the BootScreen? How?

Mekrel

Apr 20, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Hi again!
I've removed with adb the application as you said, everything went fine. Deodex ROM give me more pain, so I abandoned this idea. But now I've another question...can I change the BootScreen? How?

Push the bootanimation.zip of your choice to /system/customize/resource, via adb. As its in /system you'll need to do via recovery, unless you're S-OFF and you know how to mount the system as R/W whilst phone is running.

Reactions: 2urtle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Added a script as an attachment to this post that walks user through the removal of applications from /system without the user knowing how to use ADB.

I'm very happy with my purchase of the HTC Desire back in April this year, but have always thought battery life could be better and believe it should be the main aspect to improve with custom software.

I've read and experienced good things in regards to battery life with 2.29.405, so decided to make myself a ROM that's based entirely on it, with only removing applications I don't use, adding undervolt for even more battery saving and adding AP2SD which is essential due to the low internal memory.

I thought I would share it in case others may wish to try it out, I highly recommend the new radio.

With thanks to:
    • Paul - for rooting the HTC Desire
    • UnrEVOked - for making the above easier and finding ways around the new bootloaders
    • IEF and co - for the S-OFF hboot
    • Cyanogen - His Wiki on compiling all things Android and guides on how Android works
    • Richardtrip & snq- - helped a lot with questions I've had
    • Teppic74 - Getting me interested in ROM cooking, his modified AP2SD and scaling scripts
    • iscaela - Undervolt driver
    • dsixda - for the Kitchen

What you get:
    • ROM based on 2.29.405 WWE RUU posted here
    • Busybox (1.17.3)
    • Bash
    • Init.d support
    • NOT deodexed
    • AP2SD+ via EXT partition (Supports EXT2 and 3)
    • Read ahead value changed to 128, improves reading speed from the SDCard
    • Undervolt driver with -100mV on all freq's (Hex edited to support the Kernel from the RUU)
    • Moved hosts to /data to allow updating via AdFree Android application without the need to have S-OFF (do not use the symlink in AdFree Android)
    • Perflock disabled (Hex edited to support the Kernel from the RUU)
    • Updated applications
    • - REM GSD

Installation Guide
    1. If you do not have an EXT2 or 3 partition on your SDCard, create one before going onto step 2
    2. Copy the ROM .zip file to your SDCard
    3. Reboot into recovery
    4. If you've come from a different ROM, wipe data, ext, cache and dalvik-cache
    5. Flash the .zip file
    6. If you downloaded the ROM Editor script and wish to use it - do not reboot and proceed to step 7. Otherwise reboot as normal
    7. Extract the contents of the ROM-Editor.zip
    8. Run the ROM-Editor.bat file
    9. Select option 1
    10. Read the warning
    11. Follow the prompts on screen
    12. Once applications have been removed, press 3 to exit and reboot
    13. If you've not already installed the recommended Radio, reboot into recovery and install the radio

Download link:
    http://www.multiupload.com/SAEPLNMOG7

Recommended Radio - one that comes with the RUU
    32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27

Addons (Attached to this post)
    • Reduce Undervolt - Reduces undervolt from 100mv to 75mv, flash if you're experiencing stability issues.
    • ROM Editor - Run ROMEditor.bat as administrator and follow the on screen instructions. Recommended to run after first flash.
    Hi, I'm here again! Can I deodex your ROM with autodeodex from AmonRA? If I deodex it, then I can remove Application like facebook ecc simply from phone...but shall I remove HTC sense too?
    Change log:

v5 - 21/12/2010
    • * Optimised framework
    • * Updated all applications to current versions in /system
    • * Updated Market (version was pushed out officially, so added it in)
    • + Moved hosts file to /data to allow updating via AdFree without S-OFF

v4 - 12/12/2010
    • * New base - HTC 2.29.405.5
    • * Changed how read_ahead_kb is set

v3 - 10/12/2010
    • * Removed no applications apart from GSD.apk (hidden HTC debug tool)
    • * Changed AP2SD+ back to Cyanogen version, modified by Teppic (Due to DT taking up too much space)
    • + Adding screen state scaling script by FloHimself, modified by Teppic

v2 - 14/11/2010
    • * Changed AP2SD+ to Darktremor version
    • + Add read ahead ("SD Card read speed fix")

v1
    Initial release
    I manually inserted the settings on my Desire. (Only for the internet now) It would be nice a stock room with that "goodie" ;)

that's weird man, I think mine was automatically set up...not sure though...
    if you need the settings for mms and internet in optimus, just create/mofify so you have the two apn's with these settings here
    http://www.androidpt.info/index.php?title=Optimus