Fixed - Call Log Mod **FIXED for EB13** Thanks K0nane

Search This thread

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Would like this change, didn't work on Quantum 1.5 sadly.

Doesn't seem like anything is wrong, anything I need to worry about from the install?

Thanks in advance.

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Actually, it sort of worked. It hid sms/mms from all logged days except today (which is when I installed 1.5).

So presumably something in Quantum 1.5's modifications throws this off.

raiderep

Feb 4, 2010
Eureka, CA
Well I had to wait for a few texts to come in and when they did they weren't in the call log. Another pet peeve erased for me, thanx ;-)

sent from an Epic4g through the cosmos

For the person who asked about DK17, that's what I'm on.

ED2O9

Sep 2, 2009
Excuse my ignorance, but how do you flash an apk file? Clockwork only sees zips and it fails with App Installer.

fastmikey1969

Jul 18, 2008
I assumed it was supposed to be named .zip (apks are renamed zips), flashed usin Viper rom v2.4 and still have sms in my logs. Bummer too, since this mod would be sweet

los1223

Jul 8, 2008
Orange County, CA
My friend's been really b*tching about this on his AT&T Captivate. Any chance this would work on his phone? Also, it's an .apk file? Do you install or rename .zip and flash via Recovery?

thomasskull666

Sep 24, 2010
St. Louis
To the people talking about the file extension, it is .apk for a reason because it is a system app. You need to either insert it into a signed .zip with the proper structure (system/app) or use adb to push it to the system/app directory and then reboot.

Sent from my Xtremely Syndicated and Emotionless Epic 4G

bilestoad

Nov 10, 2010
DC
Due to alot of people not like the fact that text messages were recorded via call log I have modded the LogProvider to exclude Mms and SMS.
Here you go. Just flash it.

As always this is a community and we share our work!!! So with that said devs are more then welcome to use my work, just give credit.

This rocks! Thanks Mammon88! I used Root Explorer from the market and renamed the original .apk with .apk.bak, pasted yours in, and rebooted. Using DK17.

Just curious - what change did you make to the original .apk? I'm thinking of trying to tweak it some more but have not done any programming for, oh, many years. I'd like to retain the functionality of the View By Received/Sent messages without forcing people to see them (maybe by adding a "View by: All Calls" option). Right now your .apk doesn't seem to display messages at all, which is a relief! But, y'know, android is all about choice! ;)

Thanks again! Great work on your ROMs, too. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Modded the LogProvider to exclude Mms and SMS.
    Here you go. Just flash it.
    this works on EC05!!!!

Bad idea to mix versions. Use this instead. It's part of SRF1.1.0 but is compatible with all EC05 ROMs.

EDIT:
    Ported this over to the Vibrant today, wanted to give a shout out and a thanks.

You're welcome. ;)
    I downloaded this call log patch back for DK28 and it still works fine for me on EB13. I haven't gotten any FCs in Messaging or in the Phone logs tab.

Don't remember where I got it from or who made it, all I know is, it works for me on a plain deodexed EB13 ROM.
    kennyglass123,

Thanks! I have a question please if you or anyone can answer. I have a stock EB13 that has been rooted via oneclickroot cwm 2.5.5 - no roms or kernels except stock, the only that I have done is install the camera/video lag fix.

With that being said, should I just copy the apk over into system/app or install the zip version.

I think I can install the apk as it seems any file manager should be able to do that - but the zip version, do I use cmw to install that? I have never used cmw before - I am completely new to this - still trying to learn - I need a one click version - everyone can seem to point to links explaining, but there always seems to be a glitch, or you need this file or your systems has to be a certain before you can do this - somewhat confusing to me.

Thanks for any info you can give if this will work on my system and or hints on the best method to install - zip or apk.

Yes, I am always in a confused state! :eek: :confused: :(

Whew...lotsa questions everyone. OK to install the .apk you need to be rooted and use root explorer or a file manager that will make the system directory read/write. Then it can be copied into the system/app directory replacing the one in there.
    If you are rooted with Clockwork, boot into Clockwork by powering off your phone then using the 3 fingered salute to power on, hold camera, volume down and power buttons together (power button last). Then scroll down to install zip file from sdcard. In the next menu scroll down to choose file from sdcard and choose logsupdate.zip that you should have already copied to your sdcard's root directory and let it install and reboot.

Yes, "push" in ADB means to copy something to somewhere else. Search for "using ADB" in the forums. I don't use it so not going to explain it here. You need the SDK developers pack for Windows.
    For the guy who's wife won't let him root her phone, this may be the only method you can use. Or you can explain that if she lets you root her phone it can be a free wifi hotspot for her laptop and friend's. Other option is to look into one click root and one click unroot in the forum's. Let me know if you have trouble finding links and I will try to find them

Hope I answered all.
    Once you put the new logsprovider.apk in, the menu will remain the same but new sms messages will no longer show up. Use root explorer to copy K0nane's file above to system/app, reboot to be sure all is well and send or receive a new txt and see if it shows up.

I already tried k0nane's latest apk that he pulled out of SRF1.1.0, and it still doesn't work - I am thinking that no matter what I do, even changing to a new kernel and/or rom will not even fix it for me - it must be my phone :(

The reason I say that is because just like some people who have bad gps problems no matter what they do and still have bag gps problems after they tried all the fixes - I may fall into that type of catagory, but mine is the call log problem.

With that being said, my cwm 2.5.5 rooted Odexed stock EC05 rom and stock patcehd kernel is absolutely perfect in every way except for the call log - so I can live with that one minor glitch. What would really be nice if it worked, would be to use the logsprovider.apk from DI18 with the shortened call log menu OR add to the new style call log menu in froyo to have one more filter for all calls only - maybe that would fix it.

I have all the minor patch fix's done and my phone works perfect in every way except for the call log glitch, so I am a happy camper - it is a brain stumper though! :confused:

Edit: I just thought of something, maybe I am doing this wrong - when you copy the apk into the system/app directory, are you supposed to erase the logsprovider.odex also?

Edit 2: I just read this here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1011678 - deleting the Logsprovider.odex did the trick!! - no more text messages in my call log - I am pretty sure that this was the missing link, because even by clicking on the menu in the call log section and selecting Sent or Received Messages, nothing shows up - so those two lines of code have been internally commented or delted out - COOL! Finally!!! Thanks to all - I wished it was mentioned earlier about the odex part!