GENERAL CHAT!! All XDA'ers Welcome (noobs included) :)

Search This thread

raamishmk

Jan 24, 2014
Kanpur
Hey a quick question people.
I used to play Gangstar Rio City Of Saints on 4.1.2 and then on 4.2.2 but now it doesnt works on 4.4.2.
Couldnt find anyone playing that on kitkat...have any of you faced the same issue.?
Coz its still in play store.
Although some apps have been confirmed not working but cant find about this one.

Reactions: shavir Afroz

Mohdsultan

Sep 19, 2013
Unknown
why are we not getting cm updates like milestones and stable build of 10.2
please i want to know and what our device moderator are doing

skylinegtrvspec

Apr 10, 2009
oklahoma
i have a question i have a galaxy tab sgh-i497 if i place my phone sim card in it won wont let me use the 3g or any mobile network but because that is how att works inn order to get it the way i want it i would have to get added another line but i dont want to soooooooo now that my tablet is rooted what files do i need to delet or in build prop to remove this limitation to get my tablet the way i want it (like a cell phone pop my sim in and use the mobile networks) or actually remove the activation process

Update: i found out how nevermind

Last edited:

R2D2S2

Dec 22, 2013
Rotterdam
Memory problems with CM on GT-P3110

Only recently I bought my Tablet so I'm not too experienced with it yet. I flashed a CWM through Heimdall and followed CM instructions but the CWM was not for Kitkat so I got stuck with booting cm-11-20140323-NIGHTLY-p3110 and put temporary the cm-10.1.3-p3110 on it. That flashed fine but when I installed the right CWM and Kitkat + gapps all was smooth BUT my dear 8Gb memory is reduced now until 4,59Gb.

Not only that, I cannot move my apps to external SD! So all works fine but with these memory problems I can't get any further.

• What did I do wrong and how can I get my missing 3,4Gb back?
  • Can I work with app2sd or similar? Anybody good experiences?
I also noticed that It's like I cannot change foldernames even though I'm root in sd0

Thanks for any help

lokesh.3440

Apr 24, 2012
Shimla
Only recently I bought my Tablet so I'm not too experienced with it yet. I flashed a CWM through Heimdall and followed CM instructions but the CWM was not for Kitkat so I got stuck with booting cm-11-20140323-NIGHTLY-p3110 and put temporary the cm-10.1.3-p3110 on it. That flashed fine but when I installed the right CWM and Kitkat + gapps all was smooth BUT my dear 8Gb memory is reduced now until 4,59Gb.

Not only that, I cannot move my apps to external SD! So all works fine but with these memory problems I can't get any further.

• What did I do wrong and how can I get my missing 3,4Gb back?
  • Can I work with app2sd or similar? Anybody good experiences?
I also noticed that It's like I cannot change foldernames even though I'm root in sd0

Thanks for any help
Are you cure you had complete 8 gb internal storage because actual formatted capacity is always less likewise i have a P3100 with 16 GB advertised but i only get 11.87 GB...left-over part is sucked by Android itself. No CM based ROM has A2SD feature by default only Android 4.2.2 stock ROM has native A2SD feature. If you still wanna use A2SD feature, you can stick with Cronmod Script but you will have to partition your Sd card into Ext3.. All detailed instructions are available here :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1879806......
For changing foldernames(if they are not System folders), although you can rename them directly but still if you are running into issues,try renaming them using Root explorer(google it you will easily get it).
:D:D:D:D

Reactions: R2D2S2

R2D2S2

Dec 22, 2013
Rotterdam
Memory mystery solved

After flashing any custom rom..your space left would be 4.59 GB if u have an 8gb model.

Ok, thanks. Good to know I didn't do anything wrong but could I repartition the Tab2 P-3110 or is that asking for trouble. I never checked how the memory was on stock ROM as the first thing I did after buying was pull that one off.., :D

Link2SD seems to work a bit. Not for moving to SD but you can create links to the application file and to the dalvik-cache file.
When linking a few apps like this you will see with for example with "partition table" your /data/sdext2, (in my case ext2), getting filled up.

If anybody has a real good solution I would be very pleased to know and thanks for the info so far.

therossman91

Mar 29, 2014
p3113

I have a p3113 and in the end I ended going back to AOKP. I used another ROM from the same creators for my first android phone I think it was a Samsung captivate. But they seem to have the features that I like with stability and an active dev crew who fix any bugs they find out about.

toughtiger

Jul 8, 2012
Mumbai
SOKP

Dear all. Adi aka audio god has developed new customer's ROM which is awesome. If we need this ROM for our tab 2 we need to support him by using his existing ROM like sensonic. I spoke to him and he is bit unhappy that tab 2 community is not supporting him. Really sad. He has done a lot for our tab 2. Please come together and support his hard work please

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Superb features. If interested pls inform

toughtiger

Jul 8, 2012
Mumbai
SOKP

Just go through

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-31-00-56-09.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-31-00-56-09.png
    210.3 KB · Views: 32

toughtiger

Jul 8, 2012
Mumbai
SOKP

Screen shot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-31-03-27-54.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-31-03-27-54.png
    204.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_2014-03-31-03-27-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-31-03-27-44.png
    250.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_2014-03-31-03-27-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-31-03-27-36.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_2014-03-31-03-27-26.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-31-03-27-26.png
    238 KB · Views: 20

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Farewell!

With a bit of regret, I have to bid farewell to my Tab 2, and with it, to this great community... After buying the Asus Memo Pad HD 7, I am putting my Tab 2 up for sale on Craigslist.

I had a great time with this little tablet! Just wanted to say big THANK YOU to all the people who helped me along the way. Special thanks to @ketut.kumajaya and @Tsjoklat for their wonderful work on kernels and ROMs, to @Luigi2012SM64DS and @mitchellreece for a lot of useful info. Of course, not to forget folks like @Chainfire and @Phil3759, but that goes even without saying. :)

Happy New Year to all of you, and all the best wishes!
    @tetakpatak or donation for something good if a.dev don't accept donations (some people don't have anything to eat in this world for example).uploadfromtaptalk1429693554080.pnguploadfromtaptalk1429693566169.jpg

Send from OnePlus One using Tapatalk
    In the recovery there would be backup and restore.
    So go to there and press backup.
    U need to have atleast 2.5 GB of space.
    This is important as sometimes if u mess some things up and your tablet wont boot into your rom then this backup will come into help as u can always go into Recovery no matter what. :)
    Hi! I have a TAB 2 P3110 running cm10.1 and i want to know if its possible to install xposed framework. I want to run minminguard module.
    Thanks!
    :good:

If u have a cm10.1 , you must be having a custom recovery too.
    And so you can install xposed well and good.
    Get xposed installer from play store, install it and reboot.
    And then download modules from inside xposed installer app.
    If your phone doesnt boots up, then flash the zip xposed disabler from your sdcard.
    The zip will be made once u click on install xposed.
    Hope this helps.

Sent Via XDA App On My Awesome P3100..!
    Hi there, so im a high leveled Noob, i got a samsung Gtab2 10.1, after long use, i finally in a way i also cant

really explain able to Root and change the ROM to custom: Dhollmen ROM if im not wrong, well the thing is, all

is visible from the thread, i mean the way to do this and that. but how can i actually change it to this ROM

(xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2704517) ?? i try reading, well it promised better performance

and battery so i thought just give it a go. and along away got brain busted, so many words but there's no

download link for P5100. Honestly i had try reading before asking question, but my net here sooo bad u can

leave it loading take shower and make soup, come back and its still struggling.

so i give up when i reach page 8. ummm if its possible, can i also get a recommended snappy, stable with high

battery kinda ROM ? any help really2x appreciated.

Go with slimkats! The rom is really slick!
    Use the latest builds as always :)