I just unlocked bootloader on OTA...

Search This thread

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Okay i took a look at it n it worked but how do i flash to stock so i can send in my phone for exchange or repair

ah ok, gotcha. refer to this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17424340&postcount=24

the download link is there, as well as the instructions. since you are S-ON on the OTA, you will need to use the file in the second link in that post, where it says 'leaked HTC Android ROMs'. i am not positive if even the second one will work, since you are already on that software version. but give it a try and let us know. (i know it says it is for S-OFF devices, but there is a chance the second file will flash for you. if these files don't flash for you, you might be able to individually flash back an unrooted stock system, and then stock recovery. but so far i haven't seen it come up where someone with S-ON and HTC unlock wanting to flash back to factory stock).

Last edited:

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
ah ok, gotcha. refer to this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17424340&postcount=24

the download link is there, as well as the instructions. since you are S-ON on the OTA, you will almost certainly need to use the file in the second link in that post, where it says leaked 'HTC Android ROMs'. i am not positive if even the second one will work, since you are already on that software version. but give it a try and let us know. (i know it says it is for S-OFF devices, but there is a chance the second file will flash for you. if these files don't flash for you, you might be able to individually flash back an unrooted stock system, and then stock recovery. but so far i haven't seen it come up where someone with S-ON and HTC unlock wanting to flash back to factory stock).

It should work - i'm pretty positive that's how people have been getting around the broken unlock since it is the only way, and we now have a lot of people unlocked that weren't before.

I am pretty positive I flashed it a couple of times to reset my system when we were trying to downgrade it, so I could start fresh each time. (In fact, i'm sure of it now that i've thought about it for a moment) and I was S-ON (...again) at the time.

Reactions: yogi2010

hectorlara

Nov 5, 2007

the download link is there, as well as the instructions. since you are S-ON on the OTA, you will need to use the file in the second link in that post, where it says 'leaked HTC Android ROMs'. i am not positive if even the second one will work, since you are already on that software version. but give it a try and let us know. (i know it says it is for S-OFF devices, but there is a chance the second file will flash for you. if these files don't flash for you, you might be able to individually flash back an unrooted stock system, and then stock recovery. but so far i haven't seen it come up where someone with S-ON and HTC unlock wanting to flash back to factory stock).

okay i have tried this but when the pg59img.zip loads on boot loader it says parsing zip and then stops am i doing something wrong?

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
okay i have tried this but when the pg59img.zip loads on boot loader it says parsing zip and then stops am i doing something wrong?

ok, i guess the things to check for would be: that you are using the file in the 2nd link, following the links to the download for the Doubleshot? and also that you got the full download of 437.49 MB... (i've had it where the download appeared to finish, but i didn't get the whole thing).

if you've done everything correctly and it's not going thru, i guess it's possible that it isn't being allowed. did you flash this file before in order to make the HTC unlock method work?

@Blue: have you specifically tested this after having flashed this file once already, and then flashing it again to go back to pure stock? i guess i am wondering, if someone flashed the leaked PG59IMG previously(as opposed to doing the OTA), would the bootloader recognize it as being not an upgrade but the same version the phone is already on?

hectorlara

Nov 5, 2007
ok, i guess the things to check for would be: that you are using the file in the 2nd link, following the links to the download for the Doubleshot? and also that you got the full download of 437.49 MB... (i've had it where the download appeared to finish, but i didn't get the whole thing).

if you've done everything correctly and it's not going thru, i guess it's possible that it isn't being allowed. did you flash this file before in order to make the HTC unlock method work?

@Blue: have you specifically tested this after having flashed this file once already, and then flashing it again to go back to pure stock? i guess i am wondering, if someone flashed the leaked PG59IMG previously(as opposed to doing the OTA), would the bootloader recognize it as being not an upgrade but the same version the phone is already on?

okay i will try to download again and will do the same process i used the HTC unlock tool that unlocks the boot loader directly frm HTC. im guessing that ur right and the download was not completed but i will continue to try

hectorlara

Nov 5, 2007

okay i have provided a screen shot of what i did with command promp and it didnt work. i have tried placing the zip file on the sd card and this time it skipped and didnt do anything and when back to bootloader menu
it also said that the boot loader signature failed on the command promp

Attachments

• try.jpg
    try.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
okay i have provided a screen shot of what i did with command promp and it didnt work. i have tried placing the zip file on the sd card and this time it skipped and didnt do anything and when back to bootloader menu
it also said that the boot loader signature failed on the command promp

No, no need to fastboot it - yes you have the file named correctly, my guess would be you have the wrong file.

On my page the guide was written before there was more then one, and the old one won't work for you.

It's linked at the very top to the new one, but the possibility exists that you grabbed the wrong one somehow, so no worries:

Here is a direct link to the package you need:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0f....00_11.16.3504.20_2_release_227956_signed.zip

That's the new leaked HTC signed package that football put up and I found a few weeks ago - we tried it and it worked on the people who were unable to previously unlock with HTC through the HTC unlock bootloader method.

Everyone who couldn't do the unlock because of the buggy OTA now has a way of getting unlock, so download the file linked in this post and rename to PG59IMG.zip , put it on the main directory of your microsd card, and then reboot into hboot.

It will load, one bar in the top right corner, then load a second bar in the same place, then give you the option to install or not.

Make sure you have a full battery!

Let us know how it goes

hectorlara

Nov 5, 2007
No, no need to fastboot it - yes you have the file named correctly, my guess would be you have the wrong file.

On my page the guide was written before there was more then one, and the old one won't work for you.

It's linked at the very top to the new one, but the possibility exists that you grabbed the wrong one somehow, so no worries:

Here is a direct link to the package you need:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0f....00_11.16.3504.20_2_release_227956_signed.zip

That's the new leaked HTC signed package that football put up and I found a few weeks ago - we tried it and it worked on the people who were unable to previously unlock with HTC through the HTC unlock bootloader method.

Everyone who couldn't do the unlock because of the buggy OTA now has a way of getting unlock, so download the file linked in this post and rename to PG59IMG.zip , put it on the main directory of your microsd card, and then reboot into hboot.

It will load, one bar in the top right corner, then load a second bar in the same place, then give you the option to install or not.

Make sure you have a full battery!

Let us know how it goes

okay i have tried it and i have checked that i have the right file . The file u have provided is the same and it on my sdcard now and when i run the bootloader and let the zip file load it goes back to the reg bootloader screen and doesnt do anythin. Is there a way to do this with adb.exe in the command promp like to mount the sys and re write it back on the phone its self? The only thing i can do is flash oem rcovery on the bootloader and flash the boot.img but i cant do the system nor anything else it alway says. The file signature failed. Is there a way to remove the signatures so it wrks

hectorlara

Nov 5, 2007
okay i have tried it and i have checked that i have the right file . The file u have provided is the same and it on my sdcard now and when i run the bootloader and let the zip file load it goes back to the reg bootloader screen and doesnt do anythin. Is there a way to do this with adb.exe in the command promp like to mount the sys and re write it back on the phone its self? The only thing i can do is flash oem rcovery on the bootloader and flash the boot.img but i cant do the system nor anything else it alway says. The file signature failed. Is there a way to remove the signatures so it wrks

I would like to kno the steps that user:(nlarg) did he was able to go back to stock and keeping cwm but im sending in my phone n i have no need for cwm or anything just reg stock. Im sure there is a way if he was able to revert back to stock. Im tech savy i kno my way around stuff but im stuck on here.

hectorlara

Nov 5, 2007
my phone seems to only install roms and not go back to stock for some odd reason. is there anything else that i could do? much help appreciated :)

hectorlara

Nov 5, 2007
hey you guys, i think there is a solution for you: try this file, it was just posted a couple hours ago, it is the newest stock ROM, 1.63.531.2:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c41....00_11.16.3504.20_2_release_245247_signed.zip

your hboot should see it as a newer ROM version and let you flash it as a PG59IMG.zip. might take a good while to download tho, mine still has almost 2 hours to go :eek:

awesome i willl try this noW

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Same with me, I'm able to install every other rom except non root stock

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

why cant u? i kno why i think i cant, well i dint back up any thing frm my slide and im thinking that important info was delete when i installed a rom all cuz i didn't back up well that's what im thinking. hopefully the new update wrks

hectorlara

Nov 5, 2007
it didnt wrk either

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

I HAVE FOUND AN article THAT EXPLAINS WHY i cand flash back to stock!! i had unlocked bootloader and i could flash roms and came across this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1231249
apparently you have to re lock ur devices bootloader in order to update or revert back to stock!

this is great the update is working fine and loading and installing

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
it didnt wrk either

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

I HAVE FOUND AN article THAT EXPLAINS WHY i cand flash back to stock!! i had unlocked bootloader and i could flash roms and came across this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1231249
apparently you have to re lock ur devices bootloader in order to update or revert back to stock!

Ah, that's what it is! Great find, I'm sure this will help other people as well!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This may be old news, but i followed these directions and got bootloader unlocked... now i just need to figure out s-off

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1426179
    it didnt wrk either

Well mr root is highly based off revolutionary's code, just tweaked to my liking....so I I doubt it will say you compaitable.....however a try won't hurt. ..but if not ill start work on a downgrade tool
    Bootlader even says unlocked at the top... So I am free there...

You found nothing. We've known about this for a while now and is "officially" (HTC) sanctioned, hence it being THEIR WEBSITE AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Now find yourself a nice recovery image (CWM), boot phone into fastboot mode, "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img".

When this is done (don't ask how, the instructions on doing this are EVERYWHERE, including google's dev site -- you can figure it out yourself with google....), you will have a free and open recovery image, and can use that to write/install the su binary and apk (either with flashable zip or through adb shell, either will work).

There is NO NEED for any kind of downgrade.

Edit: And do change your avatar... this is a hacker site, not a sex dating site. Nobody here is interested in seeing that.

He's saying that now that you have root and are unlocked, all you need to do is REMOUNT THE /system FILESYSTEM as RW.

However, adb remount won't work. Use "adb shell mount" --> look and see what device file is mounted at /system (hint: /dev/block/mmcblk0p??? <-- I don't remember what number off the top of my head), notice that it is mounted "RO" (read only). Then "adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p??? /system".

In any case, you're now into playing with your system image. This thread has run its course.

As for your avatar.... its simply not appropriate.