Reverse internal/external SD in kernels

Search This thread

creaky

Apr 22, 2011
So I've been reading about the internal/external SD storage being reversed in cwm in say, Entropy's Daily Driver kernel (GB). Also saw something about this in Syrah's kernel, I believe. What does this mean exactly, and where and how should I move files accordingly so that cwm is able to find them?

Simba501

Feb 2, 2010
So I've been reading about the internal/external SD storage being reversed in cwm in say, Entropy's Daily Driver kernel (GB). Also saw something about this in Syrah's kernel, I believe. What does this mean exactly, and where and how should I move files accordingly so that cwm is able to find them?

You don't have to move anything. Just the way they identify is swapped, and only in recovery. You'll see this by selecting the two pathways in recovery and taking note of the files. Recovery recognizes both.

This is kernel-dependent, regardless of OS (4.0 or GB). GB Siyah, for example, swapped them, so they identify correctly. Functionality isn't affected, just semantics. In the ICS roms/kernels I've tried, I've seen the same thing.

Reactions: creaky

creaky

Apr 22, 2011
Thanks for the reply! So if I just copy whatever I want to flash on to the external SD cwm will find it just fine, correct?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You don't have to move anything. Just the way they identify is swapped, and only in recovery. You'll see this by selecting the two pathways in recovery and taking note of the files. Recovery recognizes both.

This is kernel-dependent, regardless of OS (4.0 or GB). GB Siyah, for example, swapped them, so they identify correctly. Functionality isn't affected, just semantics. In the ICS roms/kernels I've tried, I've seen the same thing.
    Thanks for the reply! So if I just copy whatever I want to flash on to the external SD cwm will find it just fine, correct?

Yes. Just pick internal sd.