Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cobyman7035

Oct 24, 2012
TORONTO
Orjon Zaganjori - December 13, 2012 - Version 1.4
Great
N4 needs some serious calibration. I am using 238,228,240 which give me identical colors to my iPad 3.

i think thats a good setting, anyone agree?

Reactions: bundi22

TL24

Oct 2, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Great
N4 needs some serious calibration. I am using 238,228,240 which give me identical colors to my iPad 3.

That's also what I'm using, great settings!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Is there a way to have this setting set without using the app? I hate the fact that the color changes a few seconds after booting up to the main screen, kind of lame.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Ricardovet83

Oct 15, 2010
Root + Nexus display control

To use this program i´ll need root acess, but to root my device, unlock the bootloader and use the Nexus 4 display control, I´ll loose de OTA Updates? Could somebody help me?

qfiero

Dec 5, 2012
help

I went to a Best Buy today and compared my N4's screen directly to a Optimus G. I didn't actually think my screen looked yellow at all until I compared it to the Optimus G. My N4's screen looked terribly yellow, was less bright, and had worse viewing angles than both of the Optimus G's my local Best Buy had on display.

Based off the first post in this thread for the GNex, I set my Nexus 4 to settings of:

I haven't tinkered too much but this seems to make things a bit better.

Has anyone else experienced the screen turning very yellow, almost brown, when viewing from the corners of the device? I am pretty unhappy with the viewing angles on the phone, especially after comparing it to the Optimus G, which is supposed to have the same display.

rom ıcs 4.0

dagaetch

Apr 8, 2010
is there any way to get rid of the "granted superuser permissions" message? It shows every time I turn on the screen, very annoying.

Pheno.menon

Aug 24, 2010
San Jose
Is there any gain in tweaking settings on Franco's latest kernel? I had my own setup before but have since removed the app since the stock color settings are pretty good on it.

Transmission sent from my badass Nexus 4.

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
Hi,
I have tried to find the best settings with my professionnal X-Rite eye-one display 2 screen calibrator and I've ended with these settings :

I decided to download the app in the OP and went with the settings you recommended. It made a big difference for me. My screen's coloring is now MUCH better than it was before. Thank you!

Koshuu

May 21, 2009
To use this program i´ll need root acess, but to root my device, unlock the bootloader and use the Nexus 4 display control, I´ll loose de OTA Updates? Could somebody help me?

Just rooting will not cause you to no longer receive ota updates. As long as you are still on the stock rom you will get any ota updates rooted or not. Hope this helps

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Last edited:

PUNSHET

May 19, 2011
Works Great!

Great

I was really hesitant in rooting and unlocking since I've only done it once before, on my previous phone the Samsung Captivate.
The main reason for my skepticalness was that it "supposedly" said you will lose all your data when unlocking the bootloader.
I eventually did it because the benefits far outweigh the negatives, and miraculously NONE of my data was erased.
Guess I got lucky?

Anyways, the first thing I did was to download the Nexus Display Control app.
The 238, 228, 240 settings are much better then the default screen!
Much appreciated for the info.

Can't wait to see more values come in.

Voltor46

May 20, 2012
Great

I'm agree. I have mixed your set up 238,228,240 with the Gamma Amp1 15-15-10. I believe it has gain more vivid colours, more like iPhone 5 ones. Give a try, with this settings i am loving my screen.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 2

jmudrick

Jul 25, 2012
I was really hesitant in rooting and unlocking since I've only done it once before, on my previous phone the Samsung Captivate.
The main reason for my skepticalness was that it "supposedly" said you will lose all your data when unlocking the bootloader.
I eventually did it because the benefits far outweigh the negatives, and miraculously NONE of my data was erased.
Guess I got lucky?

Anyways, the first thing I did was to download the Nexus Display Control app.
The 238, 228, 240 settings are much better then the default screen!
Much appreciated for the info.

Can't wait to see more values come in.

What did you use to unlock? I thought data would indeed be wiped.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

SleemLDJ

Nov 11, 2011
London
I'm agree. I have mixed your set up 238,228,240 with the Gamma Amp1 15-15-10. I believe it has gain more vivid colours, more like iPhone 5 ones. Give a try, with this settings i am loving my screen.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 2

I can't see gamma settings on Franco app. Only color tuning. Or have I got the wrong app

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Last edited:

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
I agree, this app really need the gamma control like faux123's app.
Faux123's app has way more settings but I prefer to have an app that do only color calibration, I don't want to change my kernel for now.

Hopefully on the next update franco includes gamma control too, fingers crossed :cowboy: , i wanna keep my phone as stock as possible , im tired of flashing kernels, roms, thats why i want the nexus: a phone with stock android : no sense, no touchwiz so no need for flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts