ISIS

Search This thread

levilib

Nov 29, 2011
As has been discussed in other forums (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2047927), ISIS has gone live with the OTA JB for Verizon. I have discussed my experiences in the above thread, but I am starting this thread in the development section, because what I want to know is more relevant to this forum.

Somewhere along the way installing ISIS, I came across a message saying ISIS will not work on rooted devices. I have heard that elsewhere as well. My question is, how true is that? will it no longer work as soon as I root? even if I just root and stay stock and not change ROMs? Is there any way around that? Perhaps can you deny root access in SuperUser/SuperSU to ISIS?
I know many people are just going to say get Google Wallet instead, but believe it or not, I like ISIS better and what to keep it!

Has anyone tried getting to work on rooted or any custom ROMs?

Until now I haven't had a desperate need to root, but I'm planning on going abroad soon and I'm going to need APN access so I can continue to use my phone with a local SIM.

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010
As has been discussed in other forums (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2047927), ISIS has gone live with the OTA JB for Verizon. I have discussed my experiences in the above thread, but I am starting this thread in the development section, because what I want to know is more relevant to this forum.

Somewhere along the way installing ISIS, I came across a message saying ISIS will not work on rooted devices. I have heard that elsewhere as well. My question is, how true is that? will it no longer work as soon as I root? even if I just root and stay stock and not change ROMs? Is there any way around that? Perhaps can you deny root access in SuperUser/SuperSU to ISIS?
I know many people are just going to say get Google Wallet instead, but believe it or not, I like ISIS better and what to keep it!

Has anyone tried getting to work on rooted or any custom ROMs?

Until now I haven't had a desperate need to root, but I'm planning on going abroad soon and I'm going to need APN access so I can continue to use my phone with a local SIM.

Dude, this is absolute bull****. You knowingly ignore the rules. You have not"developed"anything! Get this damn post moved! You know better

Via my Google Galaxy S3 running magic beans

levilib

Nov 29, 2011
Dude, this is absolute bull****. You knowingly ignore the rules. You have not"developed"anything! Get this damn post moved! You know better

WOW! calm down! It's very nice of you to jump to conclusions about me knowing better!
Yes, you're right, I haven't developed anything and I explained why I posted this in the development forum, If a moderator still thinks that it does not belong in this forum, move it by all means!
Now, I don't suppose you have an answer to my question do you?

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010
WOW! calm down! It's very nice of you to jump to conclusions about me knowing better!
Yes, you're right, I haven't developed anything and I explained why I posted this in the development forum, If a moderator still thinks that it does not belong in this forum, move it by all means!

I assure you, the rules are very very clear. This in no way belongs here.

Reactions: SlimSnoopOS

tsjoe2

Dec 11, 2010
Wow calm down no need for this type of attitude just report it. You don't need to dive down his neck an cuss chill out its not the end of the world as you seem to think there's other ways of saying you posted this in the wrong form

the first idiot to brick an go to xda jail

tsjoe2

Dec 11, 2010
Yeah I know I'm sorry I just concerned of ops feelings it was a little hatch but your right I am making a fool of myself thanks for carrying also if any one ain't gonna help him with a answer then don't post just report it to the mods myself included thanks

the first idiot to brick an go to xda jail

05Warrior

Mar 5, 2012
Cypress
Dude chill.. it doesn't belong here but still... You're making a fool out of yourself.

How about: I'm sorry but I don't have an answer to your question. However, I just thought I'd let you know that this forum is meant for development related things, such as roms, mods, etc. Just thought I'd let you know.

And that's how a human being does it! :)

+100 wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: tsjoe2

xbiker321

Apr 22, 2011
Albany, NY
fbdi8.jpg

Last edited:

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!

NEVER do question threads EVER go In Development. Read rule 15 about Where to Post.
Thread moved

levilib

Nov 29, 2011
Now that the threads been moved and the ranting is over, back to my question...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NEVER do question threads EVER go In Development. Read rule 15 about Where to Post.
    Thread moved

I assure you, the rules are very very clear. This in no way belongs here.

Dude chill.. it doesn't belong here but still... You're making a fool out of yourself.

How about: I'm sorry but I don't have an answer to your question. However, I just thought I'd let you know that this forum is meant for development related things, such as roms, mods, etc. Just thought I'd let you know.

And that's how a human being does it! :)

+100 wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app