[Q] SlimKat GPS bug

Search This thread

gairom

Jan 7, 2013
Tel Aviv
Hi,
I`m not allowed to comment on the dev thread so I`m doing it here...
I love slimroms and I`ve been using it since SlimBean is out there, thanks for everyone doing the hard work!
Since I updated to SlimKat, my GPS doesn`t work, no satellites reception at all. I tried to look for errors over adb and saw that the error is No XTRA servers available...
Just to confirm, I flushed few other CM roms and GPS is working perfectly in these, so the problem is in SlimKat only.
I saw few references in the dev thread but nobody said anything about possible solution.
Would be happy to go back to SlimKat once this problem solved.
Does anybody else have this problem? Any solution?
Thanks.

thedavon

Dec 13, 2009
Cincinnati
GPS Location not working SGH T989 Slimkat

I am having the same issue on my T989, and am looking for a possible solution. I've enabled high accuracy and even enabled the wifi and what not. However, I still cannot get a location. I'm gonna have to switch to another ROM until the issue is resolved, but I don't really want to :( So if anyone from anywhere can help me fix this issue, It'd help out a lot...

cm6966

Feb 7, 2014
i am having the same issue, can't patch agps too having status 0. it doesn't work when i try copying that files in /etc myself

kchai007

Aug 14, 2012
GPS + Camera issue

Other than the GPS issue, what about camera? The camera does not work for me in Hangouts or Skype (SlimKat).

Jan 20, 2014
Oakland
No camera and no GPS. Try carbon Rom 4.4.2 if you want those to work. Just as smooth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
Yeah there really is no point in these posts because even the developer has established that SlimKat has issues with T989 thus the reason there have been no further builds since 2/3. If people are still going to use it anyway then they accept the consequences of doing so. Not ripping anybody but these questions keep popping up all the time. Use another ROM if you want GPS & camera, there are no ifs, ands or buts about that.