[ROM][KK][4.4.4][YUGA][LINARO/SABERMOD] CyanogenMod 11 [NIGHTLY BUILDS][20150201]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
Xperia Z/YUGA/C6603 CYANOGENMOD 11 LINARO/SABERMOD NIGHTLY BUILDS

DOWNLOAD
(infected server)

(md5sum included with all builds)

kernel code compiled with sabermod arm-eabi-4.9.3 2015.01 toolchain
rom code compiled with with sabermod arm-linux-androideabi-4.8.5 2015.01 toolchain (self-compiled)

FEATURES

• -O3 optimizations (ROM & Kernel code)
  • strict-aliasing rules
  • memory optimizations
  • graphite
  • custom performance flags (ROM & Kernel code)
  • +30 cherry-picks used
  • Original Android KitKat UI(holo)
CHANGELOGS

http://www.cmxlog.com/11/yuga/

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/yuga/next

(buildbot: intel core i7 3770k@4.7Ghz, asus p8z77-v, 8gb corsair vengeance pro 2133mhz cl9, sapphire hd7970 dual-x, 2x samsung 128gb ssd 840 pro raid 0 array,
4x western wigital wd3200aaks raid 10 array, samsung f1 1tb, seagate 2tb, silverstone olympia 1000w psu, antec 1200 high-tower)
(wc setup: swiftech apogee xt cpu-block, black-ice gtx-lite 240 radiator, 2x noiseblocker eloop b12-3 1900rpm fans, swiftech mcp355 water-pump, danger den 5.25" reservoir bay)

(Linux Mint 17 x64 "Qiana" 3.13.0-24)

Disclaimer:

These builds are freshly compiled/synced from CyanogenMod Rom open-source code:

https://github.com/CyanogenMod

latest linaro arm-eabi-4.9.x used to compile the kernel code & sabermod arm-linux-androideabi-4.8.x toolchains to compile ROM code

Special Thanks

CyanogenMod Dev Team = for the source code

CxAw1Uv.png
hhJtyei.png
NkcPiQw.png
caEcCfv.png
LV3r9kI.png
4BcIjA8.png

Last edited:

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
Install instructions:

first time
- power off the phone:
- hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
- fastboot flash boot boot.img (extract boot.img from an official cm 11 zip)
- fastboot reboot
- enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
- flash rom zip
- flash gapps zip
- wipe
- reboot

for update just flash rom zip from recovery

Google Apps = http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

Last edited:

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
F.A.Q (Frequently Asked Questions)

What is the difference between these builds and the official builds?

These are unofficial builds of CyanogenMod ROM for the Xperia Z/Yuga.
ROM is built using the same source code (github) like the official one but with these following additions:
  • Compiled using linaro arm-eabi 4.9.1 14.07 (kernel code) & sabermod arm-linux-androideabi 4.8.4 14.07 (rom code) toolchain compilers
  • May contain some custom cherry-picks. Always see changelog for details.
  • Cross-compiled using those custom toolchains results in a more smoother, faster, and battery friendly ROM

What is Toolchain?

In software, a toolchain is the set of programming tools that are used to create a product (typically another computer program or system of programs). The tools may be used in a chain, so that the output of each tool becomes the input for the next, but the term is used widely to refer to any set of linked development tools.
A simple software development toolchain consists of a compiler and linker to transform the source code into an executable program, libraries to provide interfaces to the operating system, and a debugger. A complex product such as a video game needs tools for preparing sound effects, music, textures, 3-dimensional models, and animations, and further tools for combining these resources into the finished product.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolchain

What is SaberMod?

The term "SaberMod" is coming from:

SaberMod is a AOSP based ROM with some extra features added in and mostly from CyanogenMod. SaberMod started out pure AOSP when android 4.2.1 launched. Originally it was pure AOSP with a few extra features I ported over from CyanogeMod and linaro optimizations. Then I rebased everything off of rasbeanjelly because I liked many features found in rasbean. Since then I've modified a lot of the code so not much of it is rasbeanjelly based anymore. But you will still find some commonly used features found in rasbeanjelly. SaberMod is not a rasbeanjelly or CM clone, or KANG. Custom kernels are included for certain devices when available. These are personal builds we make for ourselves and originally became very popular in the nexus 7 forums. Features are very rarely added, and are built to SaberMod's team members liking. Currently there are two members of SaberMod working on this project. Myself and @jarjar124 . Please understand our time is limited and we are only two people who have lives, and do not have 25-50 members like CyanogenMod to add things. And our goal is not to add a bunch of features that bloat the system of the ROM.
Source: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2158698

What is Linaro?

Linaro is the place where engineers from the world's leading technology companies define the future of Linux on ARM. The company is a not-for-profit engineering organization with over 120 engineers working on consolidating and optimizing open source software for the ARM architecture, including the GCC toolchain, the Linux kernel, ARM power management, graphics and multimedia interfaces.
Source: http://www.linaro.org/linux-on-arm/

About GCC main compiler cflags
-O1
Optimize. Optimizing compilation takes somewhat more time, and a lot more memory for a large function. With -O, the compiler tries to reduce code size and execution time, without performing any optimizations that take a great deal of compilation time.

-O2
Optimize even more. GCC performs nearly all supported optimizations that do not involve a space-speed tradeoff. As compared to -O, this option increases both compilation time and the performance of the generated code. -O2 turns on all optimization flags specified by -O.

-O3
Optimize yet more. -O3 turns on all optimizations specified by -O2 and also turns on the -finline-functions, -funswitch-loops, -fpredictive-commoning, -fgcse-after-reload, -ftree-loop-vectorize, -ftree-slp-vectorize, -fvect-cost-model, -ftree-partial-pre and -fipa-cp-clone options.

-Os
Optimize for size. -Os enables all -O2 optimizations that do not typically increase code size. It also performs further optimizations designed to reduce code size.

CPU Governors
http://timos.me/tm/wiki/cpugovernors

I/O Schedulers
http://timos.me/tm/wiki/ioscheduler

Last edited:

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
Hey man,

what does white Kitkat UI mean? Is it like new 4.3 Sony Stock theme? Would be awesome.

don't compare stock rom with AOSP.. ;)

Android 4.1.2, 4.2.2 and 4.3.1 used holo blue for the user interface. 4.4 or kitkat uses white UI, so the build UI is matching kitkat white colors.

regards.

hutilicious

Jul 8, 2013
GER
don't compare stock rom with AOSP.. ;)

Android 4.1.2, 4.2.2 and 4.3.1 used holo blue for the user interface. 4.4 or kitkat uses white UI, so the build UI is matching kitkat white colors.

regards.

Nono I dont compare those guys I just thought u changed the standard KK theme to a white one (white backgrounds etc like Xperia 4.3).
"white Kitkat UI" seems a bit misleading to me, as it is just standard AOSP. Thanks for the reply though!

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
Nono I dont compare those guys I just thought u changed the standard KK theme to a white one (white backgrounds etc like Xperia 4.3).
"white Kitkat UI" seems a bit misleading to me, as it is just standard AOSP. Thanks for the reply though!

standard AOSP kitkat has on/off holo blue toggles and more holo blue.. thats why it needs a commit to make it all white.

FateNozomi

Sep 17, 2013
@infected_ OP states, kernel code compiled with linaro arm-eabi-4.7.4 201401 toolchain while your 3rd post states linaro arm-eabi 4.8.2 14.01 (kernel code) @@

achih121

Nov 25, 2007
any mirror please?
I just can't download from goo.im....
it stops at 99.9%, i don't know why???

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

pow3rflow3r

Dec 29, 2011
I just downloaded the to other nightly, downloading the 20140228 nightly now.

Will give this one a try.

I had always CM before on my phone.
Switched to PAC, but to my taste a lot of extras I never use (and seemed more laggy), so I wanted to go back to CM, until I saw this thread.

I will report back how I like it.

Thanks a lot anyway for your time and effort to give us another CM-rom (with more speed and battery life).

Reactions: deepongi

jpacho89

Nov 3, 2012
Bilbao
build 20140228 is up!

regards.

Already tried and everythig is working fine! Very smooth, hope it being battery friendly too. I think it will! Congratulations @infected_ !:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Only thing I miss is UV, it will help saving even more battery. I know I probably could flash meaw kernel but them I will lost kernel optimizations, right? If so, could you tell me how could I UV without losing linaro and sabermod optimizations?
Thanks!!

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
Already tried and everythig is working fine! Very smooth, hope it being battery friendly too. I think it will! Congratulations @infected_ !:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Only thing I miss is UV, it will help saving even more battery. I know I probably could flash meaw kernel but them I will lost kernel optimizations, right? If so, could you tell me how could I UV without losing linaro and sabermod optimizations?
Thanks!!

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

yes, you would loose the linaro optimizations to the kernel. MeOw isn't compiled with it.

don't know other to ways to undervolt, besides using a custom kernel.

regards.

venky716

Sep 9, 2011
Is double tap to wake present in the latest build ?
If not could you try and add it to the next build. CM11, AOKP, BeanStalk all have them as default now.

That's the only thing I miss from MEOW kernel.

Other than than that smoothest ROM ever :good:

EDIT: Could you try and implement dt2w on Nameless as well :D

Last edited:

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
Is double tap to wake present in the latest build ?
If not could you try and add it to the next build. CM11, AOKP, BeanStalk all have them as default now.

That's the only thing I miss from MEOW kernel.

Other than than that smoothest ROM ever :good:

EDIT: Could you try and implement dt2w on Nameless as well :D

Settings - Display and Lights - Double tap to wake.

Regards.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xperia Z/YUGA/C6603 CYANOGENMOD 11 LINARO/SABERMOD NIGHTLY BUILDS

DOWNLOAD
    (infected server)

(md5sum included with all builds)

kernel code compiled with sabermod arm-eabi-4.9.3 2015.01 toolchain
    rom code compiled with with sabermod arm-linux-androideabi-4.8.5 2015.01 toolchain (self-compiled)

FEATURES

• -O3 optimizations (ROM & Kernel code)
    • strict-aliasing rules
    • memory optimizations
    • graphite
    • custom performance flags (ROM & Kernel code)
    • +30 cherry-picks used
    • Original Android KitKat UI(holo)
    CHANGELOGS

http://www.cmxlog.com/11/yuga/

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/yuga/next

(buildbot: intel core i7 3770k@4.7Ghz, asus p8z77-v, 8gb corsair vengeance pro 2133mhz cl9, sapphire hd7970 dual-x, 2x samsung 128gb ssd 840 pro raid 0 array,
    4x western wigital wd3200aaks raid 10 array, samsung f1 1tb, seagate 2tb, silverstone olympia 1000w psu, antec 1200 high-tower)
    (wc setup: swiftech apogee xt cpu-block, black-ice gtx-lite 240 radiator, 2x noiseblocker eloop b12-3 1900rpm fans, swiftech mcp355 water-pump, danger den 5.25" reservoir bay)

(Linux Mint 17 x64 "Qiana" 3.13.0-24)

Disclaimer:

These builds are freshly compiled/synced from CyanogenMod Rom open-source code:

https://github.com/CyanogenMod

latest linaro arm-eabi-4.9.x used to compile the kernel code & sabermod arm-linux-androideabi-4.8.x toolchains to compile ROM code

Special Thanks

CyanogenMod Dev Team = for the source code

CxAw1Uv.png
    hhJtyei.png
    NkcPiQw.png
    caEcCfv.png
    LV3r9kI.png
    4BcIjA8.png
    Install instructions:

first time
    - power off the phone:
    - hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img (extract boot.img from an official cm 11 zip)
    - fastboot reboot
    - enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
    - flash rom zip
    - flash gapps zip
    - wipe
    - reboot

for update just flash rom zip from recovery

Google Apps = http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942
    F.A.Q (Frequently Asked Questions)

What is the difference between these builds and the official builds?

These are unofficial builds of CyanogenMod ROM for the Xperia Z/Yuga.
    ROM is built using the same source code (github) like the official one but with these following additions:
    • Compiled using linaro arm-eabi 4.9.1 14.07 (kernel code) & sabermod arm-linux-androideabi 4.8.4 14.07 (rom code) toolchain compilers
    • May contain some custom cherry-picks. Always see changelog for details.
    • Cross-compiled using those custom toolchains results in a more smoother, faster, and battery friendly ROM

What is Toolchain?

In software, a toolchain is the set of programming tools that are used to create a product (typically another computer program or system of programs). The tools may be used in a chain, so that the output of each tool becomes the input for the next, but the term is used widely to refer to any set of linked development tools.
    A simple software development toolchain consists of a compiler and linker to transform the source code into an executable program, libraries to provide interfaces to the operating system, and a debugger. A complex product such as a video game needs tools for preparing sound effects, music, textures, 3-dimensional models, and animations, and further tools for combining these resources into the finished product.
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolchain

What is SaberMod?

The term "SaberMod" is coming from:

SaberMod is a AOSP based ROM with some extra features added in and mostly from CyanogenMod. SaberMod started out pure AOSP when android 4.2.1 launched. Originally it was pure AOSP with a few extra features I ported over from CyanogeMod and linaro optimizations. Then I rebased everything off of rasbeanjelly because I liked many features found in rasbean. Since then I've modified a lot of the code so not much of it is rasbeanjelly based anymore. But you will still find some commonly used features found in rasbeanjelly. SaberMod is not a rasbeanjelly or CM clone, or KANG. Custom kernels are included for certain devices when available. These are personal builds we make for ourselves and originally became very popular in the nexus 7 forums. Features are very rarely added, and are built to SaberMod's team members liking. Currently there are two members of SaberMod working on this project. Myself and @jarjar124 . Please understand our time is limited and we are only two people who have lives, and do not have 25-50 members like CyanogenMod to add things. And our goal is not to add a bunch of features that bloat the system of the ROM.
    Source: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2158698

What is Linaro?

Linaro is the place where engineers from the world's leading technology companies define the future of Linux on ARM. The company is a not-for-profit engineering organization with over 120 engineers working on consolidating and optimizing open source software for the ARM architecture, including the GCC toolchain, the Linux kernel, ARM power management, graphics and multimedia interfaces.
    Source: http://www.linaro.org/linux-on-arm/

About GCC main compiler cflags
    -O1
    Optimize. Optimizing compilation takes somewhat more time, and a lot more memory for a large function. With -O, the compiler tries to reduce code size and execution time, without performing any optimizations that take a great deal of compilation time.

-O2
    Optimize even more. GCC performs nearly all supported optimizations that do not involve a space-speed tradeoff. As compared to -O, this option increases both compilation time and the performance of the generated code. -O2 turns on all optimization flags specified by -O.

-O3
    Optimize yet more. -O3 turns on all optimizations specified by -O2 and also turns on the -finline-functions, -funswitch-loops, -fpredictive-commoning, -fgcse-after-reload, -ftree-loop-vectorize, -ftree-slp-vectorize, -fvect-cost-model, -ftree-partial-pre and -fipa-cp-clone options.

-Os
    Optimize for size. -Os enables all -O2 optimizations that do not typically increase code size. It also performs further optimizations designed to reduce code size.

CPU Governors
    http://timos.me/tm/wiki/cpugovernors

I/O Schedulers
    http://timos.me/tm/wiki/ioscheduler
    well M7 is released, but not yuga. again.

you guys want a stable/cm-11.0 branch build?

it would be like an unofficial M7 for our yuga...

if you guys want, i'll build it. just press thanks, or leave a post with feedback.

regards.
    short conclusion of what happened in the past 3 days....

first it was granted me RC status. then it was revoked, because i cant ask "directly" for donations. its against forum rules (i wasn't aware), and someone went rat me out to a mod. yet i see dozens of threads with users asking donations, others using secret beta projects you only have access via PM and paying an amount of money. nothing is done..., until someone rats you out to a mod, which was what happened to me, said by the mod himself... awesome.

then i applied for RD status, told them with which majors devs i worked and could vouch for me. also showed them my work, since i am here on XDA:

an answer came. i was granted RD status.
    then another answer came, after exactly 12h. There was a "glitch" in the system and i received the approval to RD by mistake, despite the PM was not an automated message, but someone from the committee that wrote... the thing is that the "glitch" is related to my asking for donations and revoked RC status, dissimulated in the PM i received.

well... if being a senior member for more than 6 years, worked on more than +10 original projects, more than 3000 posts and more than 7000 thanks, isn't enough to become a RD in this developing community, something must be very wrong...

i "exposed" that in my threads, and i was warned not to (why?).. i ignored, users must know whats going on...
    my posts were all deleted, and i was banned for 24h for that, stating the truth...

now that all is clarified, build 20140510 is up.

have a nice weekend everybody.

regards.