Note 10+ Canadian Thread

Search This thread

TRoN_1

Mar 11, 2008
Android Automotive OS
If I order an unlocked one from samsung.com, will it work here with Canadian carrier(Fido)? They are offering $600 US trade in for a Note 9, and samsung.ca is offering $380 CND? Really?

If I order an unlocked one from samsung.com, will it work here with Canadian carrier(Fido)? They are offering $600 US trade in for a Note 9, and samsung.ca is offering $380 CND? Really?

Hold my beer!

Sent from my SM-G975W using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190814-163530_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190814-163530_Gmail.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 580

They're offering $0 on the s10 plus. Samsung US is also offering $600 for the Pixel 3 XL and its not o. The list. I entered my Pixel 3XL info as if it were a Pixel 3 and the offer was $130.

I tweeted Samsung Canada for some kind of answer and all I got was crickets! ???

Sent from my SM-G975W using XDA Labs

TRoN_1

Mar 11, 2008
Android Automotive OS
Is it possible to order a US Note 10 from Canada? If they are unlocked, then they should be able to work here. AT $500 US after trade in its a MUCH better deal than here at $100 CND after (max)trade in.

abax44

Oct 13, 2010
I've got the unlocked Samsung.com version. Can I simply flash the Canadian firmware (want Samsung Pay) in Odin?

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
Canadian vs US variant

I can find pick up the US unlocked variant for the same price as the Canadian unlocked variant (including the exchange rate difference) and the US variant has some additional LTE bands that aren't currently used in Canada, but other than that is there any advantage of one variant over the other? Are firmware updates, Samsung Pay, etc. about the same on both phones?

I can find pick up the US unlocked variant for the same price as the Canadian unlocked variant (including the exchange rate difference) and the US variant has some additional LTE bands that aren't currently used in Canada, but other than that is there any advantage of one variant over the other? Are firmware updates, Samsung Pay, etc. about the same on both phones?
You might miss out on some features like VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling. Depending on who you're wireless provider is. Other little things too. Like seeing 4G instead of LTE. It might be possible to flash the Canadian firmware but I don't know for sure. That still might not give you access to all the features I mentioned before.

Sent from my SM-N975W using XDA Labs

Idan73

Jul 19, 2010
When we are the last in the world to get firmware updates and fixes, like right now, I miss international version and root so much.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

I asked Samsung Canada via chat about possible October firmware that is supossed to give us security patch and native rcs supporting all providers on native SMS app (prefer it over Google app because I can pin important conversations), and fingerprint issue patch.
Was waiting to connect for a while.
They apologized for wait, apparently lots of people asking support. Told them what's up, they asked for imei, and asked me to wait,............ 20 min later... "did you try updating through settings?"

WTF!

Guess that explains long wait at the beginning.
Oh. Almost forgot. Samsung Canada mentions fingerprint patch only for s10, +, and e. The guy on chat also said. "Patch is coming to s10, 10+, 10e, 10 5g, note 10, 10+,...."... wait s10 5g? Dumbfounded. Talk about Canadian support
Turned off the chat.

Last edited:

lexi250

Jun 25, 2011
Toronto
Fingerprint update patch came out on the 24th of Oct. for me, Note 10 Plus model from Samsung experience store.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191024-135109_TADownloader.jpg
    Screenshot_20191024-135109_TADownloader.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 214
Reactions: Idan73

rmanaudio

Aug 27, 2010
GTA
N975W and N975U1 are identical in hardware. The U1 firmware will work perfectly fine on the W and in Canada. Im currently running Android 10 star wars U1 firmware on W phone with Koodo. Everything works perfectly and APN was setup automatically. FYI for anyone who wants to flash using Odin. Just make sure your Note 10+ is unlocked first.

Reactions: Eddie_Brock

djohne

Dec 29, 2013
I'm with Fido, I see that the firmware has been on Sammobile from Monday but no updates as yet from Fido. Who are you with

Top Liked Posts