imei problem

Search This thread

Atrixn00b

Sep 17, 2011
hey so i read that I should backup my imei but instead backed up my rom in cwm recovery then flash galaxy mod. it worked for 10 mins then switched to 3g then stopped getting a signal and check the imei and it said 0 so i restored back to stock and the imei went back to normal..then it just said 0 again after a while so i restored it again and its back up. anyone else have this same problem?

Atrixn00b

Sep 17, 2011
Thanks for that. I keep losing netwrork and switching from airplane mode on and off works for a couple mins then it turns off again and when i restore my backup it works again...had anyone else experienced this? Also does anyone elses batterh take 7 hours to fully charge?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

Atrixn00b

Sep 17, 2011
My phone isnt recieving/making calls either. Im on stock rooted and data and texting is working..

xBeerdroiDx

Nov 10, 2012
Fort Worth
this is a known issue with AT&T. not only the S3 but HTC's One X and several others as well. i would imagine the problem is based on network location. you could try powering down, removing the battery and sim card for a few minutes and then clearing the data and cache in the phone app once its powered back up. otherwise, give a call to customer service. cheers

Atrixn00b

Sep 17, 2011
Ahh right. I forgot my dad had that when he had the s3 and he traded his phone for an iPhone..lol. I panicked and thought it was because I rooted my phone so I flashed stock with Odin. Guess I'll root it back and backup my efs folder this time lol

Michael3214

Dec 21, 2009
I recently experienced the the same issue but with a different rom. I did a clean install, everything booted up and seemed to run exceptionally well. After 30 mins or so I lost my data icon and signal bars disappeared all together. My imei showed 0 along with eri version and serial number. I panicked a little bc I was at work without access to my laptop, booted into recovery and restored a BlackJelly cwm backup. Luckily everything was seemingly normal again after that and going forward has been fine. But a couple of months prior I flashed the wrong recovery.img and completely corrupted the efs folder. None of my cwm backups worked at fixing the imei, eri and serial. Thankfully there is an amazing guide in our development forum that addresses exactly how to fix this.

Sent from my Atat S3 that now thinks its a Galaxy Nexus.....

Atrixn00b

Sep 17, 2011
Those darn s3's haha Lol. I don't get why it seems like restoring a nandroid is temporary but going back to stock with Odin erases the problem. I don't even know what I did wrong while flashing. I basically read how to root then started flashing things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app