[Q] Need help on HTC One M8 GPE

Search This thread

Deezy_Le

Jun 30, 2014
So I recently got myself an HTC One M8 Google Play Edition.

I tried to root it and unlocked the bootloader with ADB Commands.

Everything worked fine until I tried to install a custom firmware. It kept me in a bootloop and kept going back into TWRP Recovery.

I found out afterwards that my phone was still S ON.

For some reason, I was able to install Skydragon 3.0.1 custom rom for GPE and I finally got the phone working and usable again.

I thought that it was my chance to try and get S OFF with firewater.

Again, I tried doing so with ADB Command and I got the message that my device is patched by HTC, I am out of luck.

So now I'm stuck on Skydragon 3.0.1 rom. Not to say that it's a bad thing. The rom works GREAT!

But I want to revert back into stock rom and restart anew so I can maybe try and get S off from the beginning because SkyDragon has an OTA.

Apparently it's the OTA that is preventing me completely running firewater.

Is there any way to fix this? Can I still get S OFF from where I am or is there a way to go back to factory settings before all the rooting?

I haven't found any other roms that would install on my phone.

Please help!!!!! =(

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
So I recently got myself an HTC One M8 Google Play Edition.

I tried to root it and unlocked the bootloader with ADB Commands.

Everything worked fine until I tried to install a custom firmware. It kept me in a bootloop and kept going back into TWRP Recovery.

I found out afterwards that my phone was still S ON.

For some reason, I was able to install Skydragon 3.0.1 custom rom for GPE and I finally got the phone working and usable again.

I thought that it was my chance to try and get S OFF with firewater.

Again, I tried doing so with ADB Command and I got the message that my device is patched by HTC, I am out of luck.

So now I'm stuck on Skydragon 3.0.1 rom. Not to say that it's a bad thing. The rom works GREAT!

But I want to revert back into stock rom and restart anew so I can maybe try and get S off from the beginning because SkyDragon has an OTA.

Apparently it's the OTA that is preventing me completely running firewater.

Is there any way to fix this? Can I still get S OFF from where I am or is there a way to go back to factory settings before all the rooting?

I haven't found any other roms that would install on my phone.

Please help!!!!! =(

You're gonna have to use Sunshine and pay the $25 to get S-OFF, firewater won't work now it's been patched (the system, NOT the ROM btw)

Deezy_Le

Jun 30, 2014
Apparently the ROM has to be as stock as possible for it to work (I didn't have to as I used Firewater a few months ago when I first got my M8)

It says that I cannot run sunshine because of my kernel/rom combination. I need to flash a sense-based rom.

Problem is, when I read online, I saw that I cannot flash a sense-based rom onto an GPE because of the partition difference or something.

Thus why I wanted to get S-off :(

I'm on skydragon GPE v3.0.0 with SkyDragon V2.0.1 kernel by the way

Last edited:

Android The Greek

Mar 7, 2012
New Castle
Did you try a 4.4.2 ruu? It might be in the gpe conversion thread if not I can send you a Drop box link.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Deezy_Le

Jun 30, 2014
Did you try a 4.4.2 ruu? It might be in the gpe conversion thread if not I can send you a Drop box link.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I could find that in the htc dev website right? But if you could still send me the link so I can see if it's the same, it would be appreciated boss.

but I thought since I'm on 4.4.4, I couldn't downgrade?