lgd800 to cwm13 with + magisk

Search This thread

andrew2432

Hey I'm looking around and found 2 interesting posts.

Pretty good instructions? I'm dancing around threads all over. I can't seem to get twrp onto a lollipop build. If I have twrp installed and try to manually go to LP from kk I get a bootloop the last few tries. If I have lp installed I can't seem to get autorec to respond, no matter which cfsu.

@blastagator:

Can you possibly list your steps for cwm and working magisk on your d800? Maybe I need to wipe all but internal, install lp bootstack in twrp-updated to one of your newer versions, install cwm? Is it clean from there to magisk and phhsu, magisk hide, phhapp? Will I need bumpboot ever for this?

Last edited:

blastagator

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 27, 2012
Fern Park, FL

Pretty good instructions? I'm dancing around threads all over. I can't seem to get twrp onto a lollipop build. If I have twrp installed and try to manually go to LP from kk I get a bootloop the last few tries. If I have lp installed I can't seem to get autorec to respond, no matter which cfsu.

@blastagator:

Can you possibly list your steps for cwm and working magisk on your d800? Maybe I need to wipe all but internal, install lp bootstack in twrp-updated to one of your newer versions, install cwm? Is it clean from there to magisk and phhsu, magisk hide, phhapp? Will I need bumpboot ever for this?

I do not use CWM, so I can't help you with that.

Basic Sequence (assuming starting from completely stock):
Use your favorite rooting tool - OneClick Root still works (I think)
Then install AutoRec (appropriate version for your ROM)
That gets you TWRP - boot TWRP with the key combo
Flash newest TWRP - reboot recovery
Flash bootstack to match new ROM (LP for LP or MM)
Advanced wipe, wipe /data, /system, /cache, /sd, /dalvik
Reboot Recovery
Copy new ROM to phone
Install new ROM
Reboot phone, profit
for magisk, flash magisk zip and then flash boot bump zip

IMPORTANT: If ROM has built-in su (like CM13 DOES) you need to delete that from the device.
I'd recommend deleting these BEFORE installing magisk (but I don't know if it actually matters)
For CM13, enable root in the developer menu
use your favorite console app
Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
rm /system/xbin/su
rm /system/bin/su
Some ROMs might have an su file in /sbin and you might need to remount / as rw to remove that. For CM13 it is just those two files.

Last edited:
Reactions: andrew2432

andrew2432

Advanced wipe, wipe everything
Reboot Recovery
Copy new ROM to phone
Install new ROM
Reboot phone, profit

IMPORTANT: If ROM has built-in su (like CM13 DOES) you need to delete that from the device.
I'd recommend deleting these BEFORE installing magisk (but I don't know if it actually matters)

Some ROMs might have an su file in /sbin and you might need to remount / as rw to remove that. For CM13 it is just those two files.

Ahh cm is just the recovery not the rom, you use it and not twrp? The newest twrp for g2d800 is yours...twrp-d800-bump-blastagator?? What rom do you use? Will I be able to transfer files to the phone after wiping? I guess it stays in recovery after a wipe...just not used to that I guess.

Get twrp, flash bootstack...from you, wipe all, push my rom, flash rom, boot to phone. Experience my first ever custom os for a bit....Remove su with adb, boot to recovery, magisk, bump, phhsu zip, boot to phone. Install magisk 2.1, enable hide, reboot, phhsu app, ???, profit.

1. How can I thank ALL your posts ever?
2. Cwm nightly is the rom, the other is the recovery?

blastagator

Dec 27, 2012
Fern Park, FL
Ahh cm is just the recovery not the rom, you use it and not twrp? The newest twrp for g2d800 is yours...twrp-d800-bump-blastagator?? What rom do you use? Will I be able to transfer files to the phone after wiping? I guess it stays in recovery after a wipe...just not used to that I guess.

Get twrp, flash bootstack...from you, wipe all, push my rom, flash rom, boot to phone. Experience my first ever custom os for a bit....Remove su with adb, boot to recovery, magisk, bump, phhsu zip, boot to phone. Install magisk 2.1, enable hide, reboot, phhsu app, ???, profit.

Recovery lives in /recovery partition, so I guess I should clarify, don't wipe EVERYTHING, lol. I can't remember if I enabled ability to wipe recovery, DONT DO THAT :silly:
edit: Advanced wipe, wipe /data, /system, /cache, /sd, /dalvik

But, as for everything else, recovery will live through wiping /system /data, etc. You need to backup anything you want to save though. Wipe will destroy everything.

Other than that, you pretty much got the rest.

edit 2: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d800
See image for ROM vs CM Recovery.

CWM = Clockwork Mod (a different recovery)
CM = CyanogenMod (a ROM)

Attachments

• this.jpg
    this.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

andrew2432

@blastagator:

Haha I may have noticed that during the process. The bumpbootv1.0 is the one to use for even these newer methods?? That was what q2 really was supposed to be. I keep mentioning you because I assume it helps you see my posts, I assume your pretty busy. Some of those posts and files are rom when the g2 was almost new lol thanks seriously for getting back so fast I wish I could help this community more but I'm a skid

EDIT: awesome, I have to run all Internet functions off of the sprint lte network and was downloading one of those behemoths during that posts....that let's me know my efforts aren't in vain

blastagator

Dec 27, 2012
Fern Park, FL
@blastagator:

Haha I may have noticed that during the process. The bumpbootv1.0 is the one to use for even these newer methods?? That was what q2 really was supposed to be. I keep mentioning you because I assume it helps you see my posts, I assume your pretty busy. Some of those posts and files are rom when the g2 was almost new lol thanks seriously for getting back so fast I wish I could help this community more but I'm a skid

Please read my edits and don't kill your phone. I am not always so timely in my responses :good:

Other than that, good luck!
There are tons of posts that go into more detail about what I wrote. Just make sure you have a plan before you do it. Think: Measure twice, cut once.

andrew2432

This g2 I found service locked while cleaning out a rental property. I have a galaxy s5 stupid sprint for my primary. I use the g2 for...well everything game and other related. until my Hotspot mod on my galaxy suddenly stopped working on lp. I blame the man

Äptiva is the one I read about a gutted 802 into an 800 or something, got you guys confused!!

Last edited:

andrew2432

@blastagator

Didn't work...steps followed :( what OS do you use? Do you use you d80030b or something else? No sn or pgo

If I update autorec twrp to your 3.0.2-1 will it hold through a manual FOTA update to 5.0? I use GPS system app for location. Is it possible moving to system then unrooting causes these bootloops and such? My g2 passes sn but I cm and gApps is causing issues? Logged into sc, pass sn, no pgo :(

Last edited:

blastagator

Dec 27, 2012
Fern Park, FL
@blastagator

Didn't work...steps followed :( what OS do you use? Do you use you d80030b or something else? No sn or pgo

If I update autorec twrp to your 3.0.2-1 will it hold through a manual FOTA update to 5.0? I use GPS system app for location. Is it possible moving to system then unrooting causes these bootloops and such? My g2 passes sn but I cm and gApps is causing issues? Logged into sc, pass sn, no pgo :(

CM13.

If you're trying to get safety net to work, you have to enable magisk hide (in the magisk app)
Also, if you're using xposed, you can't use safety net.

andrew2432

@blastagator

Yeah done and done. Only things I can figure is installed the application side of phh su last, and gaps after being phh rooted.? I'm gonna check for su files with es here shortly. Safety net passes, snapchat works, just not pgo

Enabled hide after installing application and got root access when ticking hide. Literally the only thing that won't work is pgo, haven't tried android pay yet

No xposed I bought a way around that, not causing the issue because I haven't installed it on the d800

Last edited:

blastagator

Dec 27, 2012
Fern Park, FL
@blastagator

Yeah done and done. Only things I can figure is installed the application side of phh su last, and gaps after being phh rooted.? I'm gonna check for su files with es here shortly. Safety net passes, snapchat works, just not pgo

Enabled hide after installing application and got root access when ticking hide. Literally the only thing that won't work is pgo, haven't tried android pay yet

No xposed I bought a way around that, not causing the issue because I haven't installed it on the d800

If the safety net test app passes, it should be working. perhaps downgrade your pogo a version or two, maybe they added something else.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

@blastagator:

Advanced wipe, wipe /data, /system, /cache, /sd, /dalvik
    Reboot Recovery
    Copy new ROM to phone
    Install new ROM
    Reboot phone, profit

Code:
    su
    mount -o remount,rw /system
    rm /system/xbin/su
    rm /system/bin/su

Recovery lives in /recovery partition, so I guess I should clarify, don't wipe EVERYTHING, lol. I can't remember if I enabled ability to wipe recovery, DONT DO THAT :silly:
    edit: Advanced wipe, wipe /data, /system, /cache, /sd, /dalvik

But, as for everything else, recovery will live through wiping /system /data, etc. You need to backup anything you want to save though. Wipe will destroy everything.

Other than that, you pretty much got the rest.

edit 2: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d800
    See image for ROM vs CM Recovery.

CWM = Clockwork Mod (a different recovery)
    CM = CyanogenMod (a ROM)

@blastagator:

Please read my edits and don't kill your phone. I am not always so timely in my responses :good:

Other than that, good luck!
    There are tons of posts that go into more detail about what I wrote. Just make sure you have a plan before you do it. Think: Measure twice, cut once.