READ THIS NOW !!!•••POST ALL ICS AND ICS RELATED INFO HERE ONLY !!!!!

Search This thread

JoTeC

Apr 15, 2011
Huntersville, NC
The Prime folks finally got a positive update this morning (.14) solving the battery issues and some are reporting better WiFi speeds. One less headache for Asus. Maybe our TF101 ICS update is coming soon.

Novarider

Jul 20, 2010
OK, how's this for useless comments:

"Please quote me where I TOLD someone what to do, Oh wait I didn't. I never disrespected his decision I simply said I thought cornerstone was more important TO ME than ics."

I really am not trying to start a pissing contest with you dude, but I've seen your other posts and all you want to do is have other people do your dev work, and do it NOW.

I'm just suggesting that you change your tactic and maybe consider that a) it's hard work, b) devs have more skin in the game than you do and therefore much more to lose. I'm not even saying I am a dev (because I'm not), but I'm grateful when individuals help, and companies choose to support their products with new features that weren't present when I bought an item.

As you can read I don't have a computer capable of compiling from source or I would be doing it myself. What does me asking for someone to make a build for another device have anything to do with asus releasing source code? Just because I have a difference of opinion then a dev doesn't mean I don't respect what they do.

cvfl

Feb 27, 2011
Texas
What does me asking for someone to make a build for another device have anything to do with asus releasing source code? Just because I have a difference of opinion then a dev doesn't mean I don't respect what they do.
It has everything to do with showing your general attitude. This is flavor of the day for you, and yet you are trying to start a holy war against Asus to release source code that you probably will never personally work on? :confused:

yalkowni

Feb 2, 2011
LA JOLLA
posted 1 hour ago from twitter ... how long do you think "soon" is to them

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    39.2 KB · Views: 642

EP2008

Jan 2, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
posted 1 hour ago from twitter ... how long do you think "soon" is to them

I'm not waiting to find out. I'm loading ICS onto my touchpad tomorrow and Asus can take their sweet time handing out more dates.

I would rather use a buggy version of ICS today, than a semi-buggy one in one month, two months, three months, etc. At least I won't have to listen to more BS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

oka1

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Old Post from Jostinek

icon10.gif
Asus has some coherence problems with information management. XDA has coherent whine.
From twitter this time: https://twitter.com/#!/ASUS/status/164522714994974721

Hopefully they have made up their mind this time. Someone start the two-week countdown
tongue.gif

Asus seems to have a problem deciding on when to release the real release-date and for how long it should continue to release prank-dates. The real release of the real release-date for the real release of ICS may or may not be right around the courner.

In the meantime, we could replace most of the world's nuclear powerstations with the whine contained in this very XDA thread. The power of both should more or less even out.

Good times.

locutus7o9

Jul 13, 2010
beta program

Perhaps Asus should consider a beta program for adventurous people.

They obviously have an ICS build for TF101 that's close to being ready but for whatever reason they are keeping it back.

If there was a beta program with manual install instructions (as opposed to an OTA release) a lot of the people that complain about slipping release dates would have something to play with.

Asus could even benefit from feedback.

shadymouse

Nov 1, 2007
Manhattan
F#$%& ICS, im rooting my transformer right now im tired of waiting

Seriously!!! I already rooted and even when it releases I'll still be waiting for a custom Rom. If you're registered to this site, it's a high probability that you're using a custom Rom anyway... so I don't know why people are being so impatient. Stock Roms are no where near better than our Dev Roms.

Brand New

Dec 22, 2011
Perhaps Asus should consider a beta program for adventurous people.

They obviously have an ICS build for TF101 that's close to being ready but for whatever reason they are keeping it back.

If there was a beta program with manual install instructions (as opposed to an OTA release) a lot of the people that complain about slipping release dates would have something to play with.

Asus could even benefit from feedback.

Now this good people is an idea.

goldenu

Dec 23, 2008
Troll under bridge

luna_c666

Dec 30, 2011
There are so many people who should NOT be trying to use Paul's build wandering in and asking the most mundane questions (that have been answered, should not be asked, or combination of both) that at this point I wonder if he regrets releasing his so openly- any kind of pilot beta program geared towards the people who think it's a good idea would result in thousands of users not intended to participate in the program pushing their way in and causing Asus a huge headache, or any company for that matter. That is why beta releases are usually very limited and tightly controlled, or are blatantly advertised as 'mostly non-functional' to dissuade casual users to attempt using the beta before it is within their comprehension. I find it funny that people actually think Asus should do anything like leaking or allowing beta testing on something like NEW VERSIONS OF ANDROID (it would be another thing entirely to do a similar function with their products, as you cannot simply copy and repost the device itself, like would happen if they leaked a buggy beta of ICS). It would be a huge disaster! And so expensive in manhours for Asus' customer service department..i wish people would think before they suggest these kinds of things and realize that if Asus cannot profit, they are a useless company, and that is the LAST THING loyal Asus customers want; their devices to become abandoned because Asus simply can't afford to continue supporting them. Same goes for apps on the android market and any dvice for that matter- without profit motive, there is no motive. And we, as customers, are the ones who have to go without in the end. JUST CHILL. You will get ICS soon enough without asking a cmpany to rewrite their entire corporate-consumer relationship for you..

locutus7o9

Jul 13, 2010
I find it funny that people actually think Asus should do anything like leaking or allowing beta testing on something like NEW VERSIONS OF ANDROID (it would be another thing entirely to do a similar function with their products, as you cannot simply copy and repost the device itself, like would happen if they leaked a buggy beta of ICS). It would be a huge disaster! And so expensive in manhours for Asus' customer service department..i wish people would think before they suggest ...

Kindly get off your high horse.

It's not nearly as black and white as you put it. I was just suggesting an alternative to what's going on now. It's not a complete strategy, not a demand, not something I expect Asus to do without a solid plan, just a suggestion.

Even without official (beta) releases, people will still try things like custom ROM's, rooting, other modifications etc. Many of the problems people get are because they don't read or because it's hard to get custom ROM's installed. If there's an official easy way, these problems should be reduced.

Look at what Sony does with their ICS preview ROM's for certain phones. It's not as outrageous as you make it sound and Sony is definitely in it for the money.

thunderman98

Jul 26, 2011
Ics update

COME ON PEOPLE LET THEM HOPEFULLY GET IT RIGHT.! Do you want it full of bugs to complain about?Then when it's out let the brilliant minds at Xda go to work.Want the update badly too but patience is a virtue.Now if they let it go past mid March I will join in the whining myself and loudly.You see that the new prime update is now rolling out to fix their problem.maybe we are next.Then let the fun begin...I am dying to try a new ROM....haven't flashed nothing in 2 weeks
My bolt has 4 roms and mods on it now and I am bored but waiting is for a good bug free ICS is worth it.

Kenif1983

Jan 16, 2011
What is the big fuss about ICS?

What does ICS make the Transformer do differently that makes it worthy of such attention?

Top Liked Posts