CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat

428436.jpg

#include
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features
* included in this ROM before flashing it!
*/

Nexus 7 3G Thread

Installation Instructions:
1. Download 11 Nightlies from: GET.CM

Download M5 LINK

2. Download GAPPS from: LINK

I would use BANKS GAPPS

3. Place on SD card(internal storage)
4. Reboot to recovery, Install XXX-grouper.zip, Install gapps.zip
5. Reboot and enjoy :D

Changelog

If you want to know the bleeding edge of what is being worked on/Merged

1. Nexus 7 Gerrit
3. CM Google+

UPDATES

1. CM 11 M5 is rock solid

2. Third party kernels are not supported by CM, try them out but YMMV.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lets try and keep this thread clean. Please use search, there is no need for the same question being asked and answered every few pages.

Last edited:

Restola

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
Going to install now and play with it. I'll test everything I can think of and report back later.

FYI after installation your sdcard files are moved to mnt/shell/emulated/legacy

Took me a while to find it.

Last edited:

Matc21

Nov 5, 2010
It's running great, flawless switch from Stock Rom (with Wipe).
Thanks to everyone contributing to that project.

guih

Jan 5, 2011
Going to install now and play with it. I'll test everything I can think of and report back later.

FYI after installation your sdcard files are moved to mnt/shell/emulated/legacy

Took me a while to find it.

Is this happening to everyone?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Restola

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
Only bug I think I have seen so far is pretty bad echo in Skype when using speakerphone (have not tested with headphones).

I am getting some 'lockups' for 5-10 seconds in Nova launcher. Not sure what that is about but it happens when I try to do a bunch of stuff quickly (like if I accidentally longpress on the wrong icon on the homescreen, then click somewhere else, then longpress on a different icon it will freeze for a short time).

Reactions: Wakawaka024

eak1080

Aug 5, 2011
I have Updated OP with the rearranging of the sdcard storage mount points in 4.2

If you guys find more bugs/strange things when updating I will continue to add/delete from OP under "UPDATES"

CanyonR

Sep 9, 2009
OnePlus 7 Pro
How is the wifi on this build. I'm still on stock, unrooted 4.2.1 and my wifi is awful. I'm hoping CM as an answer to my suffering.

So glad to see the 10.1 coming along so well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: digicmh27

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat

428436.jpg

#include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features
    * included in this ROM before flashing it!
    */

Nexus 7 3G Thread

Installation Instructions:
    1. Download 11 Nightlies from: GET.CM

Download M5 LINK

2. Download GAPPS from: LINK

I would use BANKS GAPPS

3. Place on SD card(internal storage)
    4. Reboot to recovery, Install XXX-grouper.zip, Install gapps.zip
    5. Reboot and enjoy :D

Changelog

If you want to know the bleeding edge of what is being worked on/Merged

1. Nexus 7 Gerrit
    3. CM Google+

UPDATES

1. CM 11 M5 is rock solid

2. Third party kernels are not supported by CM, try them out but YMMV.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lets try and keep this thread clean. Please use search, there is no need for the same question being asked and answered every few pages.
    @shaggyskunk
    But you still haven't read the source code for it have you? I don't think you'll find anybody that understands c/c++ well that will read the code and say it is great. It compiles, and it seems to work. But it is not the quality of code I would trust a device that costs hundreds of dollars to.

At this point both CWM and TWRP boil down to some kind of GUI that drives some basic command line utilities such as tar and dd for backup and use primarily AOSP code for installing zips. The hard part is coming up with the correct commands for wiping and backup/restore. It's hardly rocket science. Neither should scare you. Writing code is an art, not a science. Maybe I don't follow all the standard naming conventions or use all of the preferred methods for C/C++ but that doesn't make it poor code and we're continually improving our code base.

Personally the only thing that scares me about recovery are the builds of CWM that random people build using koush's web-based recovery builder. You have people that know nothing about compiling, source code, or recovery using it and sometimes the results can be pretty non-functional.

TWRP is fully open source, so if there's something that you don't like you can download the source, change it, and submit your changes upstream. TWRP is technically not supported by the CM team, but that doesn't make it a bad recovery and if you need recovery-related support then you can certainly come to us. Thanks to landstander I actually have a Nexus 7 in my hand that I can use as a testbed to troubleshoot issues.

Now, I have no idea why this thread turned into a discussion of what recovery is better when the discussion in this thread should be focused on CM10.1. I would suggest that people get back to discussing the ROM and not the various recoveries that are available.
    01/01/2013 Nightly: http://www.mediafire.com/?tqt0wccocgx7d0g

a5c11c07cebe711901e8ca177f885571 cm-10.1-20130101-NIGHTLY-grouper.zip

Feel free to mirror.

Took longer than I thought as usually I upload to goo.im, but I had some problems with that today.
    Hi,
    Not getting Facebook notifications or chat heads?
    Any ideas.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Get more friends? I dunno...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    I wondered why i get no cm11 m11 update.

If there is no maintainer, why is there a new nightly available?
    Grouper M builds have to be approved by me at the moment. I was on vacation during the M11 and M10 approval time period so I couldn't do that.
    I have no plans to miss this month's M build.