Hard Bricked GPe 6806

Search This thread

gautam703

Jan 7, 2010
I have done my best to understand the scenario of rooting and other things, now i have a dead brick. Google want's me to pay them 700$ to replace the warranty on my GPE ZU and i've ran C6806_14.3.A.0.681 US_Unbranded this on my GPE with Flasher tool. Is there any way, I can at least revert this back ?

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
I have done my best to understand the scenario of rooting and other things, now i have a dead brick. Google want's me to pay them 700$ to replace the warranty on my GPE ZU and i've ran C6806_14.3.A.0.681 US_Unbranded this on my GPE with Flasher tool. Is there any way, I can at least revert this back ?

I think the last person that did this on here just sent it in to Google?
@the_laser may be able to help, but he makes his money doing repair so I won't guarantee he will be free or that it is fixable.

gautam703

Jan 7, 2010
If i had to spend money, i'd rather go through right channel. If there is any other way to just revert this ? I am pretty sure, i do not have a TA backup, and i screwed up really bad.

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
If i had to spend money, i'd rather go through right channel. If there is any other way to just revert this ? I am pretty sure, i do not have a TA backup, and i screwed up really bad.
No you wont have a backup of the TA, as you cant back it up on the GPe as we dont have a root exploit.

Have a read of the Hard Brick thread in general, if you do go down that route it will mean tacking off the back and getting it into a deep recovery mode and then flashing a new boot partition or some such thing, but I don't know what other partitions have been screwed up. But if you can get it back into flashmode you will be able to get a kernel with recovery and then sort out the partition with any luck.

I guessing you have tried all the ways on XDA to get it into either flashmode or fastboot?
@LordManhattan can you add a bit the the GPe section in your guide to say not to flash any FTF to the GPe

gautam703

Jan 7, 2010
Good idea, I will try to type a guide of what exactly i did to screw this up. Also any idea of how to take out the back cover ?

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Good idea, I will try to type a guide of what exactly i did to screw this up. Also any idea of how to take out the back cover ?

I know more or less what you have don as I think it's the 3rd ot 4th time it's happened. Knowledge is power but a little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

The back cover is easy, and is in the Hard Brick guide.

I think at last one person just 'pleaded ignorant' and told Google that the phone no-longer booted, Google did want a hold on the CC for the cost I think...

gautam703

Jan 7, 2010
I know more or less what you have don as I think it's the 3rd ot 4th time it's happened. Knowledge is power but a little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

The back cover is easy, and is in the Hard Brick guide.

I think at last one person just 'pleaded ignorant' and told Google that the phone no-longer booted, Google did want a hold on the CC for the cost I think...

I agree, i am broke as a joke right now. I have warranty until DEC 2014. That puts me into a good prospect. I will probably spend money and get it exchanged. Aslo a good advice i'd like to give XDA members and admins, please create GPe seprate forum. I have mixed matched many things to get into this situation. I am mad, but again it's my fault. I should've not done it in the first place.

coolmingli

Jan 16, 2013
San Francisco
Sorry to hear your story, would you mind share with us how you hard brick the phone so others can avoid it? Thanks

I have rooted 3 phones so far, there were times the phone didn't boot up, but always come back after few fixes, to me it is impossible to make a phone dead unless you burn the boards or something.