[Q] Broken Screen Chalenge

Search This thread

DiegoRC

May 2, 2014
Hello everyone! I have a LG Optimus G e977 (similar to e975) and I'm having kind of a very annoying problem. The bottom of my touch screen is broken and I'm not being able to "finish" the initial set up of CyanoGenMod 11. I was able to bypass every page by sliding to the left, but I can't do it on the very last page.

USB debugging is not activated because i haven't even got a chance to go into settings. My phone doesn't appear on "ADB" devices list. Is there anyway I can control the phone from my PC? (Windows 7).

Maybe theres a file inside the phone's internal storage indicating that the initial setup has already been donde. Could I replace it with somene else's file who already has gone through this process?

Excuse my English since it's not my mother language, but I do understand perfectly well anything written.

I really thank you for your time and patience.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
On PC with an archive manager like 7zip or WinRar, open CM11 zip as archive and browse to /system/app and delete CMaccount.apk . Make sure to not unzip the rom otherwise you will need to sign the zip as well. Then install edited rom.

DiegoRC

May 2, 2014
On PC with an archive manager like 7zip or WinRar, open CM11 zip as archive and browse to /system/app and delete CMaccount.apk . Make sure to not unzip the rom otherwise you will need to sign the zip as well. Then install edited rom.

This almost worked. As soon as I started the phone for the first time with this new ROM, just had to choose a language and hit next, but then the "Configuration app" crashed, the screen stayed black with the battery and signal icons on top and I was unable to do anything from there.

Maybe this app saves some config files/flags inside the phone and someone can send me those in a zip file or something? So I can trick the phone as if it had already been configured.

Thanks!

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Sorry. Wasn't aware that was tied to anything important at all as it is non essential to anything necessary in the phone. I never set up the CM account and always uninstall the app and have never had an problems. You might have to remove another app like Setupwizard or something along those sorts. Haven't opened up a straight CM rom zip in a bit so can't remember off the top of my head.

DiegoRC

May 2, 2014
Sorry. Wasn't aware that was tied to anything important at all as it is non essential to anything necessary in the phone. I never set up the CM account and always uninstall the app and have never had an problems. You might have to remove another app like Setupwizard or something along those sorts. Haven't opened up a straight CM rom zip in a bit so can't remember off the top of my head.

I finally managed to complete the setup wizard. When the Google Account config set up showed up, it was the only moment when the screen rotation worked.

1) Slide screens until the google Account set up
2) Rotate the screen
3) follow the registration wizard normally without rotating back to normal position.
4) when the "finish" button appeared at the end, i was able to click on it

Thank you very much for your attention!!

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
I finally managed to complete the setup wizard. When the Google Account config set up showed up, it was the only moment when the screen rotation worked.

1) Slide screens until the google Account set up
2) Rotate the screen
3) follow the registration wizard normally without rotating back to normal position.
4) when the "finish" button appeared at the end, i was able to click on it

Thank you very much for your attention!!

Nice! Glad all is as well as it could be at this point. You're welcome. :)