[Q&A] [ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat d2att (at&t) Stable 7.0

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat d2att (at&t) Stable 7.0

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

MikeSmith929

Oct 17, 2014
What version of SlimKat should I install

Ok so I have been reading the [ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat d2att (at&t) Stable 7.0 thread (granted not all of it but most of it past August 5th).
Anyhow I have a Samsung Galaxy S3:
Model SGH-I747m
Baseband version: I747MUMUEND3
ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7
Bell Network (not like that should matter from what I have read)

I'm currently running Cyanogenmod 11M6 and am looking to switch to SlimKat.
Reading over the thread I'm trying to figure out what version of SlimKat to use. Do I use Stable 7.0 or 8.4 from the link Perseus71 posted?
I'm looking to be able to dial out, use blue tooth and use wifi . GPS would be nice but not a biggy if it's not working. So with those requirements what version should I be installing?
Please not I updated my Baseband to I think the latest version not sure if that will be an issue with Stable 7.0.

Thanks in advance for any help.

gocats7

Sep 24, 2010
Profiles are not included in this rom which is a feature i use a lot. I need to be able to create a custom group of apps I control the notifications from within the profiles. I cannot find a replacement app that does this, all I have found just allow white list contacts, etc. Is there a way to add this functionality back or an app that will do all the native profiles do? Battery life is great on this rom and very fast so I hate to switch. Not sure I will find another as good but this is a deal breaker for me so I thought I would ask.

cxiong45

Feb 15, 2011
i think i hard bricked my phone. but i want to understand how it happened

My S3 was on S3Rx's rom runing 4.4.2 with TWRP recovery. Tried to flash slimkat rom and full version of gapps but i think something went wrong. I wiped devlik cache, system, and data then flashed the rom. everything seemed to go okay twrp showed that it flashed successful, i rebooted within twrp into recoery to flash gapps, again twrp shows that flah was successful so i tried to reboot to the system but now the phone wont turn on, doesnt charge when i plug it in and when i hold the power button to turn it on it vibrates shows the samsung logo then shuts down. So i dont understand what i did wrong that caused it to do this. Anyone have any thoughts. Luckily i already have a replacement phone the S3 is juat some thing i use to play around with. Thnks for any comments

dbrackin

Mar 1, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Stupid Newbie Post

Post #1 to get around stupid newbie rule.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Post #2 to get around stupid newbie rule.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Post #3 to get around stupid newbie rule.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Post #4 to get around stupid newbie rule.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Post #5 to get around stupid newbie rule.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Post #6 to get around stupid newbie rule.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Post #7 to get around stupid newbie rule.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Post #8 to get around stupid newbie rule.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Post #9 to get around stupid newbie rule.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Post #9 to get around stupid newbie rule.
And post #10 to get around stupid newbie rule.

I apologize to anyone who ever actually sees these posts. As a former forum manager and administrator, as a two year member of XDA, having read every post in the thread I wanted to post in, every post in the previous thread and a majority of the posts in the one before that, the rule really only ever prevented me from posting answers. Like everyone, I was a stupid newbie once, but that was in another forum, a long time ago.

Andere Sachen

Nov 10, 2014
I see other devices getting 8.0,Stable, is D2LTE going to get it as well or is it getting passed over?

SGH-I747M Slimkat 7.0 Leankernel 9.12

eric512

Dec 8, 2013
Downgrade hangouts?

Can google hangouts be downgraded? I came from another rom that had and older 2.3 version that actually worked.

azmodien

May 18, 2010
My cpu is running hotter compared to the stock Rogers rom I was running. The ram usage is low, but the temp is often showing 10 degrees hotter in Clean Master at idle enough to overheat. Anyone had this as well?

Last edited:

3j3j3j

Aug 2, 2014
S3 Slimkat Official 7 Bugs

I flashed Slimkat Version 7 Official for d2lte onto my Sgh-i747. I also flashed the full gapps (not mini or regular) from the slimkat website. When I booted up the OS worked fine. I could still connect to AT&T, text, use LTE, call, etc.

The biggest issue is that the home button didn't do anything when set to default commands ( press for home, double tap for multitasking) on either hardware buttons or onscreen nav. buttons. If i set it to toggle torch or something, the button worked.
But youtube crashed, there was no lock screen, I didn't get notifications, there was no google play services or app store, and I couldn't log into google among many other things. What did I do wrong?

Also, everything looked very small, like it was designed for smaller phones then adapted for the larger screen without changing theme, font, etc. size proportionally. This is just personal preference maybe, not an issue for say.

I Used my nandroid and went back to stock rooted rom, but I don't wanna keep it this way. What should I do to make this successful for when I try this again?

mikehd1959

I flashed Slimkat Version 7 Official for d2lte onto my Sgh-i747. I also flashed the full gapps (not mini or regular) from the slimkat website. When I booted up the OS worked fine. I could still connect to AT&T, text, use LTE, call, etc.

The biggest issue is that the home button didn't do anything when set to default commands ( press for home, double tap for multitasking) on either hardware buttons or onscreen nav. buttons. If i set it to toggle torch or something, the button worked.
But youtube crashed, there was no lock screen, I didn't get notifications, there was no google play services or app store, and I couldn't log into google among many other things. What did I do wrong?

Also, everything looked very small, like it was designed for smaller phones then adapted for the larger screen without changing theme, font, etc. size proportionally. This is just personal preference maybe, not an issue for say.

I Used my nandroid and went back to stock rooted rom, but I don't wanna keep it this way. What should I do to make this successful for when I try this again?

I just moved from Likewise S5 4.2 to SlimKat 8.20 weekly 8135. I don't have the home button issue you post, nor the issues with youtube, lockscreen, notifications, or app store. My only challenge with logging into my Google account was due to use of 2 factor authentication on my part.

The smaller font size was an issue for me so I grabbed texdroider_dpi from the play store and reset the DPI to 320 (stock for S3). Now it is more comfortable for my eyesight.

I'm on the NE4 bootloaders and modem as well. I used TWRP 2.8.3.0 to flash the weekly and full slimgaaps following the slimkat install directions linked in the OP.

Hope this helps...

mikehd

Nov 30, 2014
No Service

Thanks for the 9.0
but i have issue. i have my signal on my device but it says no signal. I cant use my mobile data just using wifi.

mikehd1959

[Q] how does slimkat determine carrier name?

I use a mvno (Consumer Cellular) which is on AT&T's towers. When I ran my phone on Likewise 4.2 it reported the carrier as Consumer Cellular. Now that I'm on slimkat it reports it as AT&T. I'm using the same APN settings as when I was on Likewise.

I can edit the carrier name and have done so, but I'm curious as to how slimkat is determining the carrier for the mobile data tile.

thanks

3j3j3j

Aug 2, 2014
Got 9.0 to work today. But it says I only have 12.05 GB total on my 16gb phone. Where did those 4gb go? I know Slimkat didn't take up that much. It seems like it should say 4gb used on system or something instead of just not being there. :confused:

wrenhal

Sep 19, 2007
OK. Question about a few problems I've noticed.
1) My compass doesn't work. Tried calibrating it multiple times but never moves in some programs and in others it just jumps around.
2) my Bluetooth audio (music, etc.) Is scratchy.
3) in call volume is sometimes at maximum and you can't use the side buttons to adjust it. It requires using the button to bring up the on-screen volume control and then adjusting using that.
4) I get an error from titanium backup about the version of the su binary being old.
5eb57191c2613ff5d8d5c7a77bdca184.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, I'm running SlimKAt on my AT&T Samsung S3, when I first installed the rom I had no data, so I looked for the solution and updated my modem to MJB. It worked for a day, dut know my phone says "No Internet"

I've tried reflashing the MJB modem, even though I've already done it, but to no avail. They only time I can get internet service currently is on WiFi
    You probably need to update to the ne4 boot loader and modem.
    I'm on I747UCUEMJB. The thread you linked is for a NJ1 upgrade. It looks like I need to go to NE4 first.

Need a good reliable thread to go from MJB with Slimkat 7 to NE4 and Slimkat 9. Shoud I go back to stock to do this upgrade?

Edit - looks like this is a good thread - what do you think? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2789917

I'm pretty sure you can do the first two steps from that thread, then your wipes, then install SlimKat 9 according to there instructions regarding upgrading from SK7 to SK9. There shouldn't be a need to go to NJ1 unless SK9 requires it. There is probably no need to go to a stock ROM. At times gong to a stock ROM solves GPS issues.
    I just have a small question... I am using a ATT GS3 and my only concern is that the volume in calls is to high! I mean I have tried lowering it, but when you are using the headset of phone it still feels as if you were on speaker.

Any suggestions please.
    I've find that you hit a volume button and then manually with your finger on the screen, move the slider all the way up and then all the way down. That's the best I can get it and I have to do it every time I receive our make a call when not on headphones or Bluetooth.
    What bootloader and modem are currently loaded on the phone? This is important to know before flashing anything that tries to change the bootloader.