[RELEASE] AKToggleWifi

Search This thread

akarnik

May 5, 2006
One of the most common tasks i do many times a day, is turn the wifi in my ATT Tilt on and off. For this I have to go to the Comm Mgr and toggle it on and off. I've always wanted a one tap way of doing it, and had used BatteryStatus in the past, but its icon was too small. With Manilla2D, we dont even have that option anymore, but we do have the nice big manilla launcher.

So i put together some C++ code from myself and from samples around the web, and made a simple exe that just toggles the wifi on and off. I've cabbed it up, so that it will install into \Program Files and put a shortcut in \Windows\StartMenu\Programs called AKToggleWifi.
You can now add it to the Manilla launcher and it will show up as in the attached screenshot.

You can uninstall it from the Settings\System\Remove Programs.

I havent tested it on any device except my Tilt/Kaiser running a 6.1 ROM from Sakajati (Hyperdragon/Blackstone).

Attachments

• AKToggleWifiCab.CAB
    16.4 KB · Views: 3,873
  • ManillaLauncherWithAKWifiToggle.jpg
    ManillaLauncherWithAKWifiToggle.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 3,172
Last edited:

bronx

Oct 18, 2006
let me be the first one to say: THANK YOU.

many, many people have been waiting for this kind of solution before.

regards

bro

sayazs

Nov 4, 2008
nice solution =D

if you got your keyboard open (for the tilt) you can always hit fn + right and it has the same effect. i just discovered the button a few days ago and it made my life easier but so shall this app.

thanks

Tsear

Aug 26, 2008
Just flat out awesome. Works perfectly, using the default AT&T WM6.1 ROM minus bloatware.

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
i use Hbutton for that much more easyier

to be honest... it's recommended for anyone.. Hbutton is very very fast and works smoothly.. and also very stable.
you can set multiple apps for every button and there are many options to customize the way it loads them... also there are options to assign
Quit, Ok, Toggle WiFi, Toggle BT.. and many more options.

bluemetalaxe

Jan 8, 2008
Last edited:

Thol

Aug 6, 2007
big thanks for this function!!!
i'm looking for this for a long time!
i have a P3300 with alot physical buttons
then i searching to activate the wifi without switching to my home screen or comm manage to activate it.

if you can create samething for phone function
i'll be very very happy !!!!

thanks again for your work !!

akarnik

May 5, 2006
i wanted something extremely simple to use, needed no configuration and didnt need other apps to be installed on the device. Hence i wrote this in C++. Yes, other tools can do more and thats great, but they all might require some setup. Since i flash often, i wanted something for myself that i can just use without using any brain energy. Hence the simple app. I'm glad some people find it useful... i certainly find it extremely useful for my own usage style. I released it to everyone rather than keep it to myself, because i have benefitted from the work by other developers on this site, and even if 1 other person finds it useful, i'm satisfied.

:confused: mmh, i use such a wifi toggle since one year, so i´m wonderíng why you made a new one, or did i miss anything ?
the one i´m using at the moment is also here at xda devs:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2788804&postcount=2

here is another one that is 2 Years old but i think i rember it works only on wm5
http://www.ultimatelaunch.de/index_en.html (look at SmartUtilities)
so thank you for your work, but maybe next time some searching ?

akarnik

May 5, 2006
do you mean you want something to turn just the phone radio off, similar to how this one turns wifi off? i'll look into it..havent looked at those api's yet, but it should be possible. However, just out my curiosity, why you want to turn the phone off so often?

big thanks for this function!!!
i'm looking for this for a long time!
i have a P3300 with alot physical buttons
then i searching to activate the wifi without switching to my home screen or comm manage to activate it.

if you can create samething for phone function
i'll be very very happy !!!!

thanks again for your work !!

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
i wanted something extremely simple to use, needed no configuration and didnt need other apps to be installed on the device. Hence i wrote this in C++. Yes, other tools can do more and thats great, but they all might require some setup. Since i flash often, i wanted something for myself that i can just use without using any brain energy. Hence the simple app. I'm glad some people find it useful... i certainly find it extremely useful for my own usage style. I released it to everyone rather than keep it to myself, because i have benefitted from the work by other developers on this site, and even if 1 other person finds it useful, i'm satisfied.

hehe dude. don't take this the wrong way. no one's judging. developing new apps is ALWAYS good.

cheers for the initiative.

:):):)

bluemetalaxe

Jan 8, 2008
i am sorry AK and thanks again for your work.i just want to inform that there are allready existing such wifi toggles. they are simple small exe files and dont need any other application or must be modified, like yours.

hanackin

Apr 6, 2008
toulouse
HI!

Thanks for this great tool!, I will save some of my times:D

Could it be possible to get the same but for bluetooth ? :D