Brings useful features in and focus on optimation

Disclaimer
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Feature:
- Add elementx gov
- Add zen, fiops and sio gov
- Add KCAL control
- Add Fsync switch
- Enable all TCP algorithms
- Use -Ofast instead -O2 for compile
- Use Linaro's toolchain
- Latest linux branch fully merged 3.18.43
- OC the freq from 1.3/1.8 to 1.6/2.15 for standard edition, GPU as well
- Disable Software CRC
- Use LZ4 for zswap and zram

Bugs:
- All bugs offical CM has

TODO:
- Fully merge Linaro's branch ( might not)
- OC CPU and GPU by using freq & volt tables from Snapdragon 821 ( depend on yours opinions)
- More useful CPU govs such as nightmare
- Adreno boost

Source Codes:
https://github.com/msdx321/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8996

Download Link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4WteYtIGVuCNHQ5bEFhcEN2cDQ

Credits:
- Cherry picked most things from the OP3's elementalx kernel

Last edited:

gowtham300

May 4, 2016
Hey i'm. Trying your kernel out but please address battery's drain and I can't seem to set the clock speed in kernel auditor it always reverts back

coderstory

Oct 12, 2015
HangZhou
Hey i'm. Trying your kernel out but please address battery's drain and I can't seem to set the clock speed in kernel auditor it always reverts back

About battery's drain...Since I haven't modify the code too much, I should be almost the same as the stock kernel.

About freq reverting, seems like there is something locked your freq. For example, have you opened the power saving feature or something like that?

gowtham300

May 4, 2016
About battery's drain...Since I haven't modify the code too much, I should be almost the same as the stock kernel.

About freq reverting, seems like there is something locked your freq. For example, have you opened the power saving feature or something like that?

No this issue is also prevalent in 32gb mi5 on the other 2 kernels also

Harrynowl

Sep 17, 2016

I found ElementalX governor had/caused problems when I used it on my Kernel. The root of the issue causing speeds to revert was the CPU tables starting at line #46 weren't quite right.

coderstory

Oct 12, 2015
HangZhou
I found ElementalX governor had/caused problems when I used it on my Kernel. The root of the issue causing speeds to revert was the CPU tables starting at line #46 weren't quite right.

Thx, dude. Can't fully test the kernel since I don't have a actual phone and some one ask me to do this kernel. By the way, your way to overclock the kernel is quite unstable. No not just cherry-pick the commit from flar2 or use freq & volt table from snapdragon 821

d3xtr0

Jul 21, 2006
Is possible that WiFi strength crabs m became better with custom kernel? Or the mi5 really have WiFi hardware issues?

Thanks for your share m8. this aims to be good!!

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Rocketval

Sep 26, 2013
"- OC CPU and GPU by using freq & volt tables from Snapdragon 821 ( depend on yours opinions)"

So, except for gpu and cpu OC, the only difference with snap821 are the volt tables? Could you explain more @coderstory ? Thank you :)

Top Liked Posts