[GAPPS][CLOSED][4.4.4] PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's) [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sev3n1985

Sep 4, 2013
Milano
Noob question: those packages are with or without NEON instruction? I want to try it with LG 2x and our phone (Tegra 2) doesn't support NEON.

zesaver

Nov 20, 2012
Ukraine, Zaporizhzhya
about.me
Titanium backup issue

Hello and thank you for this app pack!
But I have an issue with Titanium backup after installing the " FULL COMPLETE PACKAGE" from 10.10.2013. I rebooted to Recovery, installed zip, wiped cacje and dalvik-cache, rebooted to he system. Everything is working well, but when I tried to create a backup of new apps in Titanium, it said "No free space", while there iare 6 b more. But it can restore any app. Changing of the backup dir didn't help. Superuser is working (restoring in Titanium and copy / delete o /sys/system/app). What can be the problem and where I should search to resolve it? Thank you.
My device is Google Nexus 4, CyanogenMod 10.2.

_artem_

Dec 30, 2011
But why bro? Is it not the part of gapps?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

It's a Google's app but it's a browser and one wants to use opera instead of chrome, or next browser or another browser, so it's not good to make someone install chrome - that's why I think it isn't in gapps - you still can install it from play store and convert to system app if you want it to be system app

adeelhayat90

Aug 13, 2013
It's a Google's app but it's a browser and one wants to use opera instead of chrome, or next browser or another browser, so it's not good to make someone install chrome - that's why I think it isn't in gapps - you still can install it from play store and convert to system app if you want it to be system app

How to convert it to system app?

C

chrisus246g

Hey there,

would it be possible to include a chrome Addon package (since it also some sort of pure Google Experience). For those who have no idea how to do that and don't have root? :/
(thanks in advance)

Cheers :)

phadly

By using Titanium Backup or just move chrome.apk from /data/app/ to /system/app/ with any root explorer
not that easy..if you move chrome.apk manually you need to extract libchromeview.so from apk package then move it to system/lib/..otherwise chrome failed to open..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium on AOSPA3+

TKruzze

So it'll be wipe Dalvik, Cache, and System? Thanks for your quick reply!
Yep. That should do it. Then flash in the order I suggested.

Is this package is compatible with MIUI rom also..??
Obviously, I can't test every ROM out there, but, yes, it should be compatible. If you have problems, please let me know.

Hello everybody.
I dream of a package "Gapps" containing only the Google Play Store. And for another, containing only the Google Play Store and Photosphere. Is this dream will come true one day? In any case, thank you for your work.

Is it possible to have a very light package with only the core feature as all google apps can be install from Play Store after in my country, pls ?
You guys might want to check out @BaNkS GApps HERE. He does a nice job of maintaining a completely minimal GApps package.
Note that his PhotoSphere package is only truly compatible with the Nexus 4. However, you could use my PhotoSphere Addon if you have another compatible Nexus device.

But I have an issue with Titanium backup after installing the " FULL COMPLETE PACKAGE" from 10.10.2013. I rebooted to Recovery, installed zip, wiped cacje and dalvik-cache, rebooted to he system. Everything is working well, but when I tried to create a backup of new apps in Titanium, it said "No free space", while there iare 6 b more. But it can restore any app. Changing of the backup dir didn't help. Superuser is working (restoring in Titanium and copy / delete o /sys/system/app). What can be the problem and where I should search to resolve it? Thank you.
Sorry, but this is not a GApps issue. It's strictly an issue with TB.

Last edited:
Reactions: imfloflo

TKruzze

As noted in the OP, "Although Google Chrome Browser does come standard on Nexus devices, it is not included here as most ROM's already include the AOSP browser.". However, see my response below.

would it be possible to include a chrome Addon package (since it also some sort of pure Google Experience). For those who have no idea how to do that and don't have root? :/
Yes. I think your idea makes sense. Give me some time and I'll create a Chrome Browser Addon Module that you can flash. I'll also add in addon.d backup support so it'll automatically restore after a ROM update.

TKruzze

Noob question: those packages are with or without NEON instruction? I want to try it with LG 2x and our phone (Tegra 2) doesn't support NEON.
While I'm certainly no expert in this area, it's my understanding that Google dropped support for non-NEON devices beginning with Android 4.2. Since our current GApps packages are only designed for Android 4.3.x, my guess is they would NOT be compatible.

yoavain

Jun 15, 2011
I've tried the following:
1. Wiped system
2. Installed cm 10.2 nightly 16/10/13 (4.3.1)
3. Installed gapps full 10/10/13

Gapps installation failed.
Am I doing something wrong?

steviemch

Jul 25, 2013
Airdrie

I'm running PA and had the same problem. Flashing Chainfire's SuperSu in Recovery and using that instead of the baked in superuser sorted the problem for me.

Reactions: zesaver

KingPrincess

Jan 18, 2013
You'll need to wipe your system partition and then reflash your ROM, Mini GApps, and PhotoSphere module, in that order.

You won't lose your settings using this method. And, going forward you'll only need to flash ROM updates. The GApps and PhotoSphere will automatically restore.

Sent from my ΠΣΧỤŞ 7² tablet

This needs to be in the OP. This worked perfectly all it did was switch me back to phablet UI so you should also mention if you're using tablet UI you'll have to switch those settings back if you're using PA.

I LOVE PARANOID ANDROID SO MUCH.

Reactions: TKruzze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts