Xperia play 2 aka vita phone

Search This thread
L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

I love my play, but I couldn't resist the urge to pick up the new Yinlips, the idea of an android vita with an hdmi out was to great to resist! I got the new YDPG18 V2/Upgraded Version. It has a screen protector on it in this picture.

YarSql.jpg
sLxgDl.jpg

yinlips-g18-white-3.jpg

Last edited:

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
Legion, how's that Vita KIRF specs wise? I recall the Play KIRF had hideous specs, but with Allwinner chips and dual core stuff selling for cheap, maybe they've hashed something decent this time.

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

Its decent for the price. 1.5ghz proc with mali400 gpu(I know I know everything comes with mali nowadays) Android 2.3, 800x480 5-inch(like the Vita! well not the resolution.....) screen with 2 point multi-touch. HDMI out. Front and rear facing cameras. Microsd, gyro, and the usual sensors. Suprisingly good build quality for 120$. I am actually quite fond of this device, I am waiting for the hdmi cable in the mail to try out the tv capabilities!

Now one that could really be considered crappy is my JXD S601, resolution is 480x272, but still actually a great device for 60$.

jxd_s601_android2.3_gaming_tablet_pc.jpg

Last edited:

crono141

Jan 4, 2011
West Columbia, SC
I'd buy an xperia play 2. Sales were really poor for XPlay1 because the hardware was old and weak when it came out compared to other phones launching at the time. Droid 3 was out or about to come out. Droid X2 had just come out (first dual core phone on verizon). Everything had a 512 to 1gb of ram, everything had multiple gigs of internal storage. We've got almost 400 mb of internal, 355 meg of ram. Battery life is also kinda weak. This was a disappointing phone spec wise, but its great for gaming with. I'd welcome an XP2 with more ram and more internal storage, and a brighter screen. Single core/dual core doesn't matter much with ICS since the UI is fully accelerated anyway. I think sony could do very well with an XP2 that addresses all the shortcomings of the current model.

Last edited:

captain67

May 23, 2011
Aldergrove
Sales aren't as bad for the play as you might think. On the Sony mobile Facebook page, they asked people which phone they have, and I saw a LOT of play users. Just because the xda community for the play is small doesn't mean it isn't selling.

Sent from Asgard

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

one thing I will say is if there ever is a Sexplay 2, it BETTER have HDMI out!!! My kirf vita kicks ass for that reason alone. Imagine the marketing possibilities.

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
Hell, that's a sweet deal for 120 dollars. If my Play bites the dust and I'm not happy with the successor, it would be worth checking it out. Certainly it's unbeatable as a retro gaming console.

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

There are already several communities doing epic work for these like full Xperia Play system mods and button remaps! Pretty cool stuff. I would recommend either the Yinlips or the JXD. The Yinlips is worth the extra money definitely, but you can get two jxd's for the price of one yinlips.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Actually I've seen the new XPlay2, and here is the evidence...

brought to you by the XDA app on my badass Android toy
    Actually I've seen the new XPlay2, and here is the evidence...

brought to you by the XDA app on my badass Android toy
    Shut up and take my money!
    This is another much better concept idea which I found on the web the only problem was that they said it would have the aspect ratio changed but it was said to feature a tegra 3 as well as mini analogs like the vita
    8eb03f76-0c45-54ea.jpg

Sent from my R800a using XDA App
    I don't know why people keep insisting on posting these xperia play 2 forms on here. Every time ones posted it receives nothing but the same replies as the other xperia play 2 forms. STOP POSTING THESE!!!!! We know the rumors, were all big fans of Sony's gaming products! Unless some news pops up with ACTUAL photos of a prereleased model we don't care. I thought you guys would of learned from the release of this phone, I know I did. The rumors for this phone started about 2 years before the release. So by my count you still have a year and a half till this phone comes out and that's if it actually does. So for the sake of the form and to save your a#$ from being chewed out don't post unless its GOOD NEWS!
    hey guys

post #11 is really #1 :D :D :D :D :D :D