[XAP][CHEFS ONLY] ROMAbout - Include MAJOR information and credits into your ROM!

Search This thread

IzaacJ

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Eskilstuna
izaacj.github.io
For chefs ONLY !
Thats the reason I put it here, if that's wrong, please tell me and move to the correct forum.​

ROMAbout
ROMAbout_20120330_general.jpg
ROMAbout_20120330_credits.jpg
ROMAbout_20120330_about.jpg

ROMAbout_20120422_NotEditable.jpg

ROMAbout_20120422_EditList.jpg
ROMAbout_20120422_EditList_Accept.jpg

ROMAbout_20120422_EditSlider.jpg
ROMAbout_20120422_EditSlider_Accept.jpg

ROMAbout_20120422_EditText.jpg
ROMAbout_20120422_EditText_Accept.jpg

This neat little app/package is intended to include in your ROM while building.

It will enable you to add important information about your ROM and credits.
It consists of a XAP, a Data folder with information and images and also an rgu that you have to customize for your particular ROM.

More information about the customization in the next posts.

Changelog
1.0.0.0 - 2012-03-30
- First public release.
1.1.0.0 - 2012-04-22
- Selected values are editable through list, text or slider.

Features I'm working on
- Letting the cooker add their own PanoramaItems by defining them in the ROMData.xml

Last edited:

IzaacJ

Sep 2, 2008
Eskilstuna
izaacj.github.io
Preparing for use in ROM !

Here you'll find information about how to prepare the XAP and the other files for your ROM.

The XAP contains a folder named Data that contains the ROMData.xml and images that are connected to the different entries in the ROMData.xml. More information about how to edit the ROMData.xml in the next post.

Edit the ROMData.xml and the RGU, and add some images (if used) to the Data folder in the XAP.

When you've edited the XAP and the RGU you HAVE to update the DSM so it reflects the changes. I recommend you to use OsBuilder by Barin and Ultrashot to do this.

Now the package is ready to be included in your ROM :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jdep1

IzaacJ

Sep 2, 2008
Eskilstuna
izaacj.github.io
ROMData.xml

Information about the ROMData.xml file and what you're able to do with it.

The ROMData.xml contains all information and/or registry paths to the information shown in the app.

The BEST way to get to understand this is by looking at the original ROMData.xml supplied in the unmodified XAP.
It is also attached to this post if you don't have the original.

To edit the description shown in the settingslist you change the <description> element. It could also be a registry path, preferably to a value defined in the RGU. As an example:

<description>{HKLM\RomAbout\Description}</description>

And here's the syntax for an item element:

<item image="[/Data/[NAME_OF_IMAGE]]" title="[NAME_OR_REGISTRY_PATH]" info="[TEXT_OR_REGISTRY_PATH]" other="[TEXT_OR_REGISTRY_PATH]" editable="[false/list/text/slider]" reqreboot="[true/false]" />

An example of an item without options could be something like this:

<item image="/Data/defIcon.jpg" title="{HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\OemDeviceName}" info="The OEM name of this device" other="{HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\OemName}" editable="false" reqreboot="false" />

An example of an item with options could be something like this:

<item image="/Data/defIcon.jpg" title="{HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\OemDeviceName}" info="The OEM name of this device" other="{HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\OemName}" editable="text" reqreboot="false">
<option title="Please enter your desired OEM name" path="HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\OemName" description="The OEM name affects which OEM market you can access, f.ex HTC gives you access to HTC's market" value="HTC"/>
</item>

When using a registry path, the hive is ALWAYS shortened down !
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = HKLM
HKEY_CURRENT_USER = HKCU
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT = HKCR
HKEY_USERS = HKU

Attachments

• ROMData.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

IzaacJ

Sep 2, 2008
Eskilstuna
izaacj.github.io
The RGU

Information about the RGU included in the package.

The RGU contains some registry values that you could use in the ROMData.xml.

You really should edit these values and maybe add some of your own.

The examples are all stored in HKLM\RomAbout but you could specify your own path, just make sure you use the same paths in ROMData.xml.
The default values in the RGU are just examples. You could name them to whatever you want, just point to them in the ROMData.xml.

Last edited:

IzaacJ

Sep 2, 2008
Eskilstuna
izaacj.github.io
Last edited:

IzaacJ

Sep 2, 2008
Eskilstuna
izaacj.github.io
my next rom will have this , thanks man really love it

There will soon be an update (that won't require updated files if you won't use the new features) that allows the user to edit values, either by manually inputting a string or selecting a value from a listbox. That's up to the cooker :p
Just have a bit of a problem with the XML parsing for some reason :p

nhathoa

Dec 5, 2006
Cool app... will include in the next release of my custom Rom. Thanks man.

IzaacJ

Sep 2, 2008
Eskilstuna
izaacj.github.io
Done some progress with the editing. Will probably upload a new version soon that enables editing values by selecting from list, entering text or from a slider for the numeric values. Already done with the list options, and almost done with the text also.

Regards
Izaac

ahmedfikry

Jun 13, 2007
Done some progress with the editing. Will probably upload a new version soon that enables editing values by selecting from list, entering text or from a slider for the numeric values. Already done with the list options, and almost done with the text also.

Regards
Izaac

Thanks
looking forward for it...keep up the good work

IzaacJ

Sep 2, 2008
Eskilstuna
izaacj.github.io
Just uploaded the new version and edited all the posts :)

I'm feeling a bit done with this project as it fullfills my personal needs, but I will keep on doing some work and improvements on it.

Feel free to ask for new features that I could implement.

I'd love to add a list with ROMs that features this app to the first post, so please either post or PM me a link to your thread and I'll link it here :)

EDIT: I'm going to update it for WP 7.8 and add LiveTiles support, for small, medium and large tiles. What information would you guys like to see on the tiles?

Regards
Izaac

Last edited:
Reactions: -=Barin=-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For chefs ONLY !
    Thats the reason I put it here, if that's wrong, please tell me and move to the correct forum.​

ROMAbout
    ROMAbout_20120330_general.jpg
    ROMAbout_20120330_credits.jpg
    ROMAbout_20120330_about.jpg

ROMAbout_20120422_NotEditable.jpg

ROMAbout_20120422_EditList.jpg
    ROMAbout_20120422_EditList_Accept.jpg

ROMAbout_20120422_EditSlider.jpg
    ROMAbout_20120422_EditSlider_Accept.jpg

ROMAbout_20120422_EditText.jpg
    ROMAbout_20120422_EditText_Accept.jpg

This neat little app/package is intended to include in your ROM while building.

It will enable you to add important information about your ROM and credits.
    It consists of a XAP, a Data folder with information and images and also an rgu that you have to customize for your particular ROM.

More information about the customization in the next posts.

Changelog
    1.0.0.0 - 2012-03-30
    - First public release.
    1.1.0.0 - 2012-04-22
    - Selected values are editable through list, text or slider.

Features I'm working on
    - Letting the cooker add their own PanoramaItems by defining them in the ROMData.xml
    Credits & Download

Credits

Heathcliff for his awesome SDK that solved the last things for me :)

Downloads

Here is the link to the XAP - https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfl772t6ymiryxf/ROMAbout.xap
    And here is for the package with the registry entries - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m0m8wetyxz0iwvs/Qn5qeiMhpq

v1.0.0.0 - 2012-03-30
    v1.1.0.0 - 2012-04-22
    Preparing for use in ROM !

Here you'll find information about how to prepare the XAP and the other files for your ROM.

The XAP contains a folder named Data that contains the ROMData.xml and images that are connected to the different entries in the ROMData.xml. More information about how to edit the ROMData.xml in the next post.

Edit the ROMData.xml and the RGU, and add some images (if used) to the Data folder in the XAP.

When you've edited the XAP and the RGU you HAVE to update the DSM so it reflects the changes. I recommend you to use OsBuilder by Barin and Ultrashot to do this.

Now the package is ready to be included in your ROM :)
    my next rom will have this , thanks man really love it
    Just uploaded the new version and edited all the posts :)

I'm feeling a bit done with this project as it fullfills my personal needs, but I will keep on doing some work and improvements on it.

Feel free to ask for new features that I could implement.

I'd love to add a list with ROMs that features this app to the first post, so please either post or PM me a link to your thread and I'll link it here :)

EDIT: I'm going to update it for WP 7.8 and add LiveTiles support, for small, medium and large tiles. What information would you guys like to see on the tiles?

Regards
    Izaac