[UTILITY | S-OFF] RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer 3.1.1 | Updated 07.04.12

Search This thread

regaw_leinad

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
I'm no longer supporting this standalone program for the HTC Evo 4G LTE. I have created a universal application that does the same thing for all S-OFF HTC devices (such as the HTC One series... etc.) HERE

Description
RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer is a utility for Windows that allows the
user to create a PJ75IMG.zip containing a custom bootloader image.
With this program, you are able to edit the text on the pink banner at the top
(***LOCKED*** in stock or ---LazyPanda--- in custom),
change the S-OFF to S-ON, and hide/customize the splash screen disclaimer.

Choosing the "Stock Look" option is just like relocking your bootloader
and flashing the stock bootloader without having to do either of them! Very easy!

This program will NOT flash the zip for you, but it will allow you to save it to your computer to let you flash the zip yourself.
The process (flashing a new bootloader) is dangerous and may possibly brick your device if done incorrectly. You have been warned.

Please see Post #2 for a great video walkthrough by wwjoshdew on how to use this!

Screenshots
30lktux.png
qnvcja.png

Requirements
Windows w/ .NET 3.5 or higher
HTC Evo 4G LTE
Flashing the PJ75IMG.zip that this utility produces REQUIRES your device to be LazyPanda S-OFF.

Usage
1. Run the RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer.exe on your computer.
2. Either choose "Stock Look" from the options,
or customize your look and feel using the text box at the top and options below.
The preview on the right will update live as you change the text and options.
You can change the splash screen text by selecting "Custom Developer Disclaimer".
3. Press "Create Zip"

How To Flash A PJ75IMG.zip
  1. Place the PJ75IMG.zip on the root of your external sdcard. (Copy it right onto your sdcard, not in any folder)
  2. Reboot the phone into the bootloader by either:
    • Powering off your phone completely, then hold Volume-Down and Power until the phone boots into the bootloader
    • If you have the android sdk set up, type 'adb reboot-bootloader'
    • Use my RegawMOD Rebooter
  3. Then select the menu option "Bootloader" and press the power button.
    • If you rebooted the manual way (Volume-Down + Power) You should already be at this menu
  4. It will load the PJ75IMG.zip from your sdcard and ask you to accept the flash.
  5. Press Volume Up to flash
  6. Once prompted, press Power to reboot
  7. Pro-Tip #1 (thanks dsEVOlve): Remove the PJ75IMG.zip from your sdcard so it doesn't load next time you enter the bootloader.

Live Support
Join #RegawMOD on freenode for live support from me (regaw_leinad) or many other users.

Special Thanks
globatron & Fuses - LazyPanda S-OFF exploit
AssassinsLament - Finding the disclaimer in the hboot.img
Captain_Throwback - Testing and providing great feedback that shaped this program up.

Warning
This program/created PJ75IMG.zip comes with NO WARRANTY (express or implied), and NO GUARANTEE OF FITNESS for any particular task. I have made every effort I can to make this a safe process for users however the author disclaims any liability for damage to your phone or other materials or devices used during this process. The entire risk of flashing the created PJ75IMG.zip lies with you, the user. By downloading and/or flashing the PJ75IMG.zip, you acknowledge and accept that the author is not liable for any loss, material or otherwise howsoever caused.
Changelog
Version 3.1.1 | 07.04.12
  • Minor fix to stock look text

Version 3.1 | 07.01.12
  • Updated hboot to LazyPanda 1.12.2222 (adds fastboot flashing back)

Version 3.0 | 06.30.12
  • Changed "S_ON" to "S-ON" for more realistic look when selecting "Stock Look"
  • Changed "** LOCKED **" to "*** LOCKED ***" for more realistic look when selecting "Stock Look"
  • Changed Version # to 1.12.0000 when selecting "Stock Look" (Stays 1.12.1111 otherwise)
  • Hidden red HTC Developer splash screen text when selecting "Stock Look"
  • Custom hboot (Not "Stock Look") gets updated timestamp on build
  • Ability to customize red HTC Developer splash screen text

Download Latest Release
Here

Last edited:

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
Actually, on the topic of the developer text, it may not be a bad idea to be able to put some custom text in there. Something like, "If found, please call so and so at xxx-xxx-xxxx", or similar?

regaw_leinad

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
I am planning on updating this utility to provide more customizations. This is just the initial release. Just like gpz said, I plan on adding support for editing the red developer splash screen text, and a few more customizations to the bootloader screen. Just remember, this kind of customization is very risky, and needs to be treated with care. Also, if you forget you modified the text to ***LOCKED*** and try to unlock thinking it's locked... a whole mess load of bad will rain down.

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
^^You think so? Seems the unlock process replaces the hboot with a hacked (unlocked) version. Not much different than flashing yours that has the text modified. No?

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
I know what mine will say.....

"*** LOCKED ***"

Lol that Der Der genious

I am planning on updating this utility to provide more customizations. This is just the initial release. Just like gpz said, I plan on adding support for editing the red developer splash screen text, and a few more customizations to the bootloader screen. Just remember, this kind of customization is very risky, and needs to be treated with care. Also, if you forget you modified the text to ***LOCKED*** and try to unlock thinking it's locked... a whole mess load of bad will rain down.[/QUOTE

But if done and brought in for repair/replacement, will rain mad coin! Or if sent in to some tech, will be completely baffled when it says locked, but acts locked if not knowing of this community haha

~Freshly acquired LTEvo; ViperRom'ed in under 2hrs...

Last edited:

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
^^Exactly!! It'll really confuse the sprint folks if I ever need to bring it in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm no longer supporting this standalone program for the HTC Evo 4G LTE. I have created a universal application that does the same thing for all S-OFF HTC devices (such as the HTC One series... etc.) HERE

Description
    RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer is a utility for Windows that allows the
    user to create a PJ75IMG.zip containing a custom bootloader image.
    With this program, you are able to edit the text on the pink banner at the top
    (***LOCKED*** in stock or ---LazyPanda--- in custom),
    change the S-OFF to S-ON, and hide/customize the splash screen disclaimer.

Choosing the "Stock Look" option is just like relocking your bootloader
    and flashing the stock bootloader without having to do either of them! Very easy!

This program will NOT flash the zip for you, but it will allow you to save it to your computer to let you flash the zip yourself.
    The process (flashing a new bootloader) is dangerous and may possibly brick your device if done incorrectly. You have been warned.

Please see Post #2 for a great video walkthrough by wwjoshdew on how to use this!

Screenshots
    30lktux.png
    qnvcja.png

Requirements
    Windows w/ .NET 3.5 or higher
    HTC Evo 4G LTE
    Flashing the PJ75IMG.zip that this utility produces REQUIRES your device to be LazyPanda S-OFF.

Usage
    1. Run the RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer.exe on your computer.
    2. Either choose "Stock Look" from the options,
    or customize your look and feel using the text box at the top and options below.
    The preview on the right will update live as you change the text and options.
    You can change the splash screen text by selecting "Custom Developer Disclaimer".
    3. Press "Create Zip"

How To Flash A PJ75IMG.zip
    1. Place the PJ75IMG.zip on the root of your external sdcard. (Copy it right onto your sdcard, not in any folder)
    2. Reboot the phone into the bootloader by either:
      • Powering off your phone completely, then hold Volume-Down and Power until the phone boots into the bootloader
      • If you have the android sdk set up, type 'adb reboot-bootloader'
      • Use my RegawMOD Rebooter
    3. Then select the menu option "Bootloader" and press the power button.
      • If you rebooted the manual way (Volume-Down + Power) You should already be at this menu
    4. It will load the PJ75IMG.zip from your sdcard and ask you to accept the flash.
    5. Press Volume Up to flash
    6. Once prompted, press Power to reboot
    7. Pro-Tip #1 (thanks dsEVOlve): Remove the PJ75IMG.zip from your sdcard so it doesn't load next time you enter the bootloader.

Live Support
    Join #RegawMOD on freenode for live support from me (regaw_leinad) or many other users.

Special Thanks
    globatron & Fuses - LazyPanda S-OFF exploit
    AssassinsLament - Finding the disclaimer in the hboot.img
    Captain_Throwback - Testing and providing great feedback that shaped this program up.

Warning
    This program/created PJ75IMG.zip comes with NO WARRANTY (express or implied), and NO GUARANTEE OF FITNESS for any particular task. I have made every effort I can to make this a safe process for users however the author disclaims any liability for damage to your phone or other materials or devices used during this process. The entire risk of flashing the created PJ75IMG.zip lies with you, the user. By downloading and/or flashing the PJ75IMG.zip, you acknowledge and accept that the author is not liable for any loss, material or otherwise howsoever caused.
    Changelog
    Version 3.1.1 | 07.04.12
    • Minor fix to stock look text

Version 3.1 | 07.01.12
    • Updated hboot to LazyPanda 1.12.2222 (adds fastboot flashing back)

Version 3.0 | 06.30.12
    • Changed "S_ON" to "S-ON" for more realistic look when selecting "Stock Look"
    • Changed "** LOCKED **" to "*** LOCKED ***" for more realistic look when selecting "Stock Look"
    • Changed Version # to 1.12.0000 when selecting "Stock Look" (Stays 1.12.1111 otherwise)
    • Hidden red HTC Developer splash screen text when selecting "Stock Look"
    • Custom hboot (Not "Stock Look") gets updated timestamp on build
    • Ability to customize red HTC Developer splash screen text

Download Latest Release
    Here
    Instead of replying with "Thanks!" please press the Thanks button on any of my posts :) It helps me out, and gets rid of clutter in the thread!

Well, that's a preset I'm going to make in this program at some point. It'll even change the text S-OFF to S-ON ;)
    Ok OP updated. Grab the new one.

http://d-h.st/ubM
    New one is working... check it ;)

2dt8v91.jpg

Edit: Don't know why but it's not liking my "Release" builds from Visual Studio. The version I released was my debug version. Probably due to how I combine and embed referenced dlls in the exe and how I wrote the resolving of them into it. Oh well, as long as it works, at least for these kind of utilities :)