Bluetooth AVRCP / A2DP issues on XXLPQ stock

Search This thread

pileot

Oct 16, 2010
Reguardless what i connect to with bluetooth be it my computer, my car, or my bluetooth headset the music controls (play, pause, forward, reverse, and starting the voice talk thing) no longer seem to work properly if the screen is off when i activate them.

Scenario: Listen to music via bluetooth in my car.
Press voice call button on my deck
Phone screen is off, its sitting in the glove box (not legally allowed to be within reach when driving)
What SHOULD happen: Brings up the voice control app... "What would you like to do", and i can tell it to play music or make a call or text or whatever.
What DOES happen: most of the time nothing, returns an error that the phone does not support this feature.

The same happens for when i want to change the song or play/pause the music.

Also get the same sort of problem from my bluetooth headset (Blueant T1) when starting the "voice commands" option. If the phone screen is off i get an error, if the phone screen is on it works as it should.

This only started happening after updating to ICS XXLPQ (stock). Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a different version of ICS that works better, or a custom rom thats tweaked for everything? I use bluetooth damn near every day, it has to work for me.

Thanks in advance!

pileot

Oct 16, 2010
Bump? Does anyone know what im talking about, have you experienced this sort of thing? Are there others with this problem or should i try reinstalling my rom as if it were an isolated event? I could really use some direction here.

buroli

Oct 25, 2006
Hi,

I have same problem with my autoradio sony MXBT3900U.
GS2 reboot every 15 min when I use bluetooth function (a2dp, phone, etc.)

I've read that 4.0.4 ics version resolve this issue.
I think we should wait this update or install a custom rom with 4.0.4 (hydrogenics, etc.) or install a GB version.

rgs.

gauravn4u

Apr 27, 2011
I've got the same problem while playing music in my car.

What I've found MIUI ICS roms support this nicely.
and I've been using them cause of this very purpose.

Actually I kinda like MIUI.

Regards
Gaurav

fergusstrachan

Oct 9, 2005
FWIW, when I got the message you mention about not supporting this feature, I found it was because it was trying to ask me which app I wanted to open in response to the button press.

Try pressing the BT button when screen unlocked and check that it's not something silly like that. :)

Having read your post properly, it probably isn't. :)

pileot

Oct 16, 2010
Yes, it most definately is not something silly like that. Glad to hear im not the only one, now to wait another 5 months to get an update from Samsung :( I really with sammy was better with updates...

Willie_Heckerslyke

Apr 28, 2010
Yep...got the same problem too - pause/play just wont have it on ICS. I've tried a few ICS ROMs - all got the same issue, sound is clear as bell and next/prev tracks work fine - but not pause/play! But must admit, I've yet to try a MIUI Rom.....suggestions?

ICS is proving a PITA for me. I'm on Wanamlite at the mo and I need Sky Go to work (which it does fine) but on the 4.0.4 ROMs I've tried like Hydrogen, it wont work! Knowing my luck, if I try a MUIU rom and I get pause/play to work on my BT headset - Sky Go won't :mad::mad:

Found the following post when doing a search on it:-

Fix Bluetooth headset/headphone controls in Mog for Android 4 (ICS)

I submitted this via Mog Mobile App Support but was shot down and told to submit it as a "feature request" here. The problem is that Bluetooth play and pause controls do not work in the Mog app for Android 4 (ICS). The skip and rewind buttons work just fine, but play and pause are not responsive. Specifically, on my Galaxy Nexus device, I cannot play or pause music using the Bluetooth controls on any Bluetooth headset or headphones. This worked with previous versions of Android.

I have contacted the Android development team about this, and they said that the Play/Pause specification in ICS has changed a bit. And all that is required is a short coding change on your part (and other developers with similar apps).

They even provided the proper coding:

--- DownloadServiceLifecycleSupport.java 2012-03-26 14:46:29.000000000 -0600 +++ DownloadServiceLifecycleSupport.java 2012-03-26 14:44:21.000000000 -0600 @@ -210,6 +210,12 @@

case KeyEvent.KEYCODE_MEDIA_STOP:
downloadService.reset();
break;
case KeyEvent.KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY:
downloadService.play();
break;
case KeyEvent.KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE:
downloadService.pause();
break;
default:
break;
}

So it looks like there's the answer.... it's just that it may as well be written in Swahili for all the good it does me. Maybe the Devs can implement whatever that means, into the roms (or produce a flashable zip?)

EDIT: Found a temp workaround during more googling.... it's an app called Media Button Router and seems to do the job on my S2.... HTH somebody else here!

Last edited:
Reactions: Firewalker1980

defaria

Jun 13, 2007
San Jose, California
It helped me! Thanks! Now I hope they fix it for everybody. Media Button Router works for most of my audio apps. I wish it would just go back to the previously playing thing when you hit play though. That and it doesn't seem to recognize Audible for Android...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yep...got the same problem too - pause/play just wont have it on ICS. I've tried a few ICS ROMs - all got the same issue, sound is clear as bell and next/prev tracks work fine - but not pause/play! But must admit, I've yet to try a MIUI Rom.....suggestions?

ICS is proving a PITA for me. I'm on Wanamlite at the mo and I need Sky Go to work (which it does fine) but on the 4.0.4 ROMs I've tried like Hydrogen, it wont work! Knowing my luck, if I try a MUIU rom and I get pause/play to work on my BT headset - Sky Go won't :mad::mad:

Found the following post when doing a search on it:-

Fix Bluetooth headset/headphone controls in Mog for Android 4 (ICS)

I submitted this via Mog Mobile App Support but was shot down and told to submit it as a "feature request" here. The problem is that Bluetooth play and pause controls do not work in the Mog app for Android 4 (ICS). The skip and rewind buttons work just fine, but play and pause are not responsive. Specifically, on my Galaxy Nexus device, I cannot play or pause music using the Bluetooth controls on any Bluetooth headset or headphones. This worked with previous versions of Android.

I have contacted the Android development team about this, and they said that the Play/Pause specification in ICS has changed a bit. And all that is required is a short coding change on your part (and other developers with similar apps).

They even provided the proper coding:

--- DownloadServiceLifecycleSupport.java 2012-03-26 14:46:29.000000000 -0600 +++ DownloadServiceLifecycleSupport.java 2012-03-26 14:44:21.000000000 -0600 @@ -210,6 +210,12 @@

case KeyEvent.KEYCODE_MEDIA_STOP:
    downloadService.reset();
    break;
    case KeyEvent.KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY:
    downloadService.play();
    break;
    case KeyEvent.KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE:
    downloadService.pause();
    break;
    default:
    break;
    }

So it looks like there's the answer.... it's just that it may as well be written in Swahili for all the good it does me. Maybe the Devs can implement whatever that means, into the roms (or produce a flashable zip?)

EDIT: Found a temp workaround during more googling.... it's an app called Media Button Router and seems to do the job on my S2.... HTH somebody else here!