Increase Audio Levels

Search This thread

skylr616

Sep 1, 2010
I have tried Hashcode's CM 10.2 and 11 but both seem to have the same problem with very low audio levels out of the built-in speakers. It seems that at 100% I'm only getting about 1/2 - 3/4 the volume I experienced with the stock Amazon ROM when using apps like Netflix, Youtube, HBO Go, etc.

On top of that issue I've also found that none of the volume boosting apps on the Market, which worked perfectly with the stock Amazon ROM, work with Hashcode's CM builds. I've found some threads for modding CM files to boost audio but those files don't seem to exist in these Kindle builds.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might boost my audio volume? Thank you in advance for any help you may offer!

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
OK there is a file you can adjust but I would recommend installing viper4android. I Don t have a link to the thread but Google it, it will probably have the first result being an xda thread, follow its instruction for the extra times you put on the sdcard, but other than that just install it, I wouldn't worry about the stuff it says to check for in the built.prop and putting it in the system apps folder. Long story short not only will this increase your audio output, you can also add immense am mounts of bass and stuff. Amazing app.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

skylr616

Sep 1, 2010
OK there is a file you can adjust but I would recommend installing viper4android. I Don t have a link to the thread but Google it, it will probably have the first result being an xda thread, follow its instruction for the extra times you put on the sdcard, but other than that just install it, I wouldn't worry about the stuff it says to check for in the built.prop and putting it in the system apps folder. Long story short not only will this increase your audio output, you can also add immense am mounts of bass and stuff. Amazing app.

Works (very very well). Thank you!

Beaker319

Dec 20, 2013
This what I did

I am sure I got this from a post on this forum and it worked GREAT for me as it almost doubled the sound output. Give it a try and let me know.

Originally Posted by south956
Use file explorer to edit file with system in rw

Mods these lines in /system/etc/mixer_paths.xml

"DL1 Media Playback Volume" value="120"
"Digital Playback Volume" value="105"
"Speaker Boost Volume" value="5"

Reboot and put it as loud as it goes and tell me if there is a difference. Only works on cm based roms.

Regards

D34THSPAWN

May 30, 2011
I am sure I got this from a post on this forum and it worked GREAT for me as it almost doubled the sound output. Give it a try and let me know.

Reboot and put it as loud as it goes and tell me if there is a difference. Only works on cm based roms.

Regards

This worked for me, I did find that those settings made it a bit too loud and it distorted pretty badly so i tweaked it down a bit and it was much better! Netflix is a tolerable volume now, music needs to be kept a bit lower though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This what I did

Regards

120-100-4 respectively has been working out fine for me.