Serious lag on a game

Search This thread

muzza1986

Apr 22, 2012
I'm getting serious lag while playing The Simpson's: Tapped out. I've had the phone for two days now. Can this be fixed? Had anyone else had lag? Everything else is ok. I've not tired rooted if that helps.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

craig0r

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
I'm getting serious lag while playing The Simpson's: Tapped out. I've had the phone for two days now. Can this be fixed? Had anyone else had lag? Everything else is ok. I've not tired rooted if that helps.

While I don't play Tapped Out, and thus can't confirm this, I noticed Angry Birds lagged like hell when I enabled ART, but was fine when I went back to Davlik. Just some food for thought.

muzza1986

Apr 22, 2012
Sorry I'm a newbie, I've searched for this davlik and don't think I've found the appropriate app. Can you point me in the right direction please?

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
Dalvik is the Android equivalent of the Java Virtual Machine, it's been Dalvik forever, ART is the Android Runtime, a replacement for Dalvik, but it's only for testing at the moment.

muzza1986

Apr 22, 2012
Don't have power saving on. I've played it with a wi-fi connection and a 4g connection just in case it was something to do with that but it's still the same. It is ok at times but very annoying when it slows down. My previous phone the Sony Xperia S handled this game ok.

GermanGuy

Mar 19, 2005
Minneapolis

Might want to consider installing a custom kernel (if you have an unlocked bootloader). On stock kernel, speed gets throttled when phone is starting to run warm. You can change that restriction with the ElementalX kernel by Flar2.

muzza1986

Apr 22, 2012
Is there no way this can be fixed without rooting? I know the benefits of rooting but would prefer not to do it at this point due to the phone being brand new.