Newbie way in over my head. Any help would be appreciated.

Search This thread

SquaredCircle

Feb 19, 2015
I've been following the guide here on how to get Android on my HP TouchPad. A while ago I followed these guides and had no problem, but a little while ago I thought I would try and update my Android version and I did something wrong (what, I don't know).

Right now I have KitKat running on my TouchPad, but my PC cannot see my TouchPad when I plug it in via USB. My computer makes the sound when I plug it in as if it IS connected, but it doesn't see it in my list of drives. It DOES, however, see it when I boot into webOS.

I'm sure there are other problems I'll run into, but I feel like this is the first major one. Is there anything I can do to make my computer recognize my TouchPad when plugged in via USB? I'll answer followup questions to the best of my ability, but like the title says, I'm in a bit over my head here I think.

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
I've been following the guide here on how to get Android on my HP TouchPad. A while ago I followed these guides and had no problem, but a little while ago I thought I would try and update my Android version and I did something wrong (what, I don't know).

Right now I have KitKat running on my TouchPad, but my PC cannot see my TouchPad when I plug it in via USB. My computer makes the sound when I plug it in as if it IS connected, but it doesn't see it in my list of drives. It DOES, however, see it when I boot into webOS.

I'm sure there are other problems I'll run into, but I feel like this is the first major one. Is there anything I can do to make my computer recognize my TouchPad when plugged in via USB? I'll answer followup questions to the best of my ability, but like the title says, I'm in a bit over my head here I think.

https://www.random-host.com/blogs/enable-media-device-mtp-usb-mode-android-44-kitkat-and-50-lollipop?

Reactions: SquaredCircle

SquaredCircle

Feb 19, 2015

Hey, thank you very much for this. Apologies for the late reply, but something personal came up that kept me away from my computer for a few days.

I looked at the guide you linked, but I actually already have MTP checked. I hear the connected sound playing on my PC, but nothing shows up as a connected device. Could there be something wrong with the drivers on my PC's end? Oddly enough, it does show up when I have the camera option checked on the tablet.

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
Hey, thank you very much for this. Apologies for the late reply, but something personal came up that kept me away from my computer for a few days.

I looked at the guide you linked, but I actually already have MTP checked. I hear the connected sound playing on my PC, but nothing shows up as a connected device. Could there be something wrong with the drivers on my PC's end? Oddly enough, it does show up when I have the camera option checked on the tablet.

It's something inherent in KitKat. I had the same issue, and it was never resolved, but it goes away in later Android versions. You can still download and upload using the camera option. It just ends up in Pictures, I think.

Reactions: SquaredCircle

SquaredCircle

Feb 19, 2015
It's something inherent in KitKat. I had the same issue, and it was never resolved, but it goes away in later Android versions. You can still download and upload using the camera option. It just ends up in Pictures, I think.

I hadn't thought about uploading to an inappropriate folder like Pictures, but as long as the files I need are on the tablet I don't see why that should end up being a problem. I can just move them internally with the Files app. Thank you for the idea!

dizzymon

Apr 26, 2017
I hadn't thought about uploading to an inappropriate folder like Pictures, but as long as the files I need are on the tablet I don't see why that should end up being a problem. I can just move them internally with the Files app. Thank you for the idea!

Copy it into the picture folder then move/rename it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

https://www.random-host.com/blogs/enable-media-device-mtp-usb-mode-android-44-kitkat-and-50-lollipop?