Do these programs drain my battery

Search This thread

mechanixz

Mar 9, 2010
Though I know gb roms don't have such a great battery life it seems as if my battery is draining faster than it should despite changing to different roms, calibration, changing batterries and deleting apps or widgets . (Currently gamrez rom which has been said to have quite a good battery ) .my battery drain is about 10 percent an hour with a mild to idle use. it's been like that for my old battery and even for a new 1800mah. I suspect there might be a program respobsible for this.
Since these programs dont appear under battery usage, yet are considered services I think the culprit is one of them.it might be that one of them is preventing the phone from going to deep sleep so the battery drains when idle.
My running programs are:

Go launcher
Go keyboard
RocketDial pro
3G watchdog (sync every 15 minutes)
Call meter 3g
Adaway
Auto rotate
Sanity (only for auto handsfree)
Bussiness calander free
(before anyone blames it on these three, it happenend even when they've been removed )
Viber
Whatsapp
skype (service autorun disabled and usually not logged in)
No stock email

Also as far as widgets are concerned I have a widget for callmeter usage. 3g watchdog and bussiness calendar agenda. and sync for google stuff , whatsapo and viber.

I know it's a lot of stuff, but I've been tweaking and picking these programs since I really need their functionality.
Under battery usage most of it goes to display (about 50%)

People report better battery under heavier usage so something most be wrong.

Didn't have time or nerve to switch to ics but I'm affraid it a program so it won't make a difference

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Last edited:

ishangoyal

Dec 30, 2010
New Delhi
There are many system monitor apps available on market.. install one of them and try to find out what is draining your battery.. sometimes it turns out to be the least expected app/ service..

ohtoulouz

Feb 2, 2011
Hi,

install "Quick system info pro". In the info tab, tap "battery", then "battery history" and you'll have all the info you need.

Pierre.

Reactions: shaharofir

mechanixz

Mar 9, 2010
Thnx, I've install badass battery monitor in hope to put an end to this mystery. Still, I was hopnig someone could rake a look at the list i published and maybe shed some light if anything pops out.
I'll keep waiting for more replies.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

tomasma

Feb 2, 2010
Vilnius
Go keyboard

I've just installed go keyboard and typed 'top -m 5' to see top cpu users. go keyboard was in first place. After one hour phone idle, battery has been drained by 5% Maybe it's just my cfg problem. But.. that's just an observation.

fxstone

May 1, 2012
Hamburg
This is just an idea and I might be totally wrong.
But doesn't it take like 10min for a phone to go to deep sleep?
So if you got am app syncing every 15min you get out of every 15 min 5 min of deep sleep.
It's to say you would normally have 50 min of deep sleep in an hour whereas you would have like 15 min.

And you could check the percentage of how much battery an app uses through the battery info in the settings and to check if your phone goes into deep sleep you can instal the app CPU spy.

Sent from my GT-I9001

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

install "Quick system info pro". In the info tab, tap "battery", then "battery history" and you'll have all the info you need.

Pierre.