[GUIDE]Simple How to use Tablet,Phablet,Phone,Custom Dpi on any Touchwiz Rom

Search This thread

aukhan

Feb 19, 2013
Bangalore
ajqi.com
How to use Tablet,Phablet,Phone on any Touchwiz Rom

After I was addicted to Phablet mode on Sungsonic HD Rom Thanks to @ Adi. I thought i wanted to try other Rom i tried couple of them but after that i felt like this should have been on other roms as well but i found a fix on how to use this PHABLET, TABLET, PHONE,CUSTOM DPI.

Here are the steps on how to get this on your Roms

Step 1: UI SWITCHER Thanks to xperiacle

Step 2:Download and Flash Xperia Z Launcher with Walkman Here Thanks to ravi923615

Step 3: Now Flash these files Thanks to bala_gamer

LK7 multi dpi camera
LK7 multi dpi dialer
LK7 multi dpi keyboard
240 dpi launcher note2 universal
240 dpi calculator note2 universal

Step 4: Open the UI Switcher now switch to any DPI or Custom DPI it should work.

Please post the queries that you have about this Guide

mankind_18

May 14, 2012
Jakarta
Hi aukhan, thanks for the tutorial :)
But are you sure it's just as simple as that? Because the last time I tried, I must change the lcd density in bulid.prop to enable tablet UI mod :silly:
Just install UI switcher didn't change anything for me last time :eek:

ahmerr

Aug 30, 2008
Just to add to this, I recently used resolution change / Density from Google Play and set my DPI to 240 on a stock rom and it worked great. The only 3 things that didnt agree with the DPI change were the Samsung Keyboard (Kept crashing so couldnt use it), Camera (menu bars misalligned) and Dialler so I replaced these with Swift Dialer, Swiftkey Keyboard and any other camera app from Google, I also installed Smartlauncher and it looks pretty cool.

aukhan

Feb 19, 2013
Bangalore
ajqi.com
Hi aukhan, thanks for the tutorial :)
But are you sure it's just as simple as that? Because the last time I tried, I must change the lcd density in bulid.prop to enable tablet UI mod :silly:
Just install UI switcher didn't change anything for me last time :eek:

Yes its simple just follow i use on all Roms this MOD .
any questions post it ill respond to them

aukhan

Feb 19, 2013
Bangalore
ajqi.com
Just to add to this, I recently used resolution change / Density from Google Play and set my DPI to 240 on a stock rom and it worked great. The only 3 things that didnt agree with the DPI change were the Samsung Keyboard (Kept crashing so couldnt use it), Camera (menu bars misalligned) and Dialler so I replaced these with Swift Dialer, Swiftkey Keyboard and any other camera app from Google, I also installed Smartlauncher and it looks pretty cool.

what Rom are you on you could just Flash these above files provided and that should solve your problem with Dialer,Camera and Touchwiz.

cyrax2013

Apr 5, 2012
Hyderabad
How to use Tablet,Phablet,Phone on any Touchwiz Rom

After I was addicted to Phablet mode on Sungsonic HD Rom Thanks to @ Adi. I thought i wanted to try other Rom i tried couple of them but after that i felt like this should have been on other roms as well but i found a fix on how to use this PHABLET, TABLET, PHONE,CUSTOM DPI.

Here are the steps on how to get this on your Roms

i just installed the UI Switcher like normal app and i selected the option just to add minimize button and clicked switch now, it said to restart the floating window, instead i restarted my phone...but after the retart i didnt find any minimize button on the floating windows and i dont know how to stop the floating windows and restart it, for that i restarted my phone, plz help me how to do it, i just need to add the minimize button thats it...

My Note 2 N7100 Running on stock Odexed MG1 Rom rooted with auto cf-root package...

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
which method do all reccommend ? how about the 240 xposed method ? you can get floating windows that way too and give various apps different dpi according to usage ?

is there a better modded TW launcher, this one gives blue page pointers which i dont like.

mannyvinny

Oct 7, 2012
Varanasi
Its won't work on latest MG1 build bro..xperiacle hasn't released update for latest MG1 build..and simply installing ui switcher app won't do anything..it needs a modified framework(by xperiacle)..u need to flash the framework first then the ui switcher app

cynk42

Dec 20, 2010
Timisoara
Tested on my GT-N7100, works great it does not change only the drawer dpi it updates all your apps, in adition I installed Nova Launcher in order to change the icon grid to 6x7 for a better look.

Reactions: aukhan

aukhan

Feb 19, 2013
Bangalore
ajqi.com
Its won't work on latest MG1 build bro..xperiacle hasn't released update for latest MG1 build..and simply installing ui switcher app won't do anything..it needs a modified framework(by xperiacle)..u need to flash the framework first then the ui switcher app

Not to be rude but test it once before you comment

I've tested this and then only posted this thread .

mannyvinny

Oct 7, 2012
Varanasi
Not to be rude but test it once before you comment

I've tested this and then only posted this thread .
Ok bro..thanks for sharing this..i said so because ui switcher isn't compatible with latest mg1(except AmnoSferum)
btw thanks again:good:

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

one question bro-
is it necessary to flash "LK7 multi dpi camera"?? Can't we set the dpi through xposed?

cynk42

Dec 20, 2010
Timisoara
Tested on my GT-N7100, works great it does not change only the drawer dpi it updates all your apps, in adition I installed Nova Launcher in order to change the icon grid to 6x7 for a better look.

I've been running this mod since than and had noticed some issues:

- You cannot resize widgets in the home screen any more
- The clock app crashes in 240dpi mode, I used the clockpage 4.1.2 apk from this thread to fix it(flashed it like the rest) -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2001577
- The dialer(I flashed the one from this thread) buttons are not ok in portail mode, they seem "squeezed" and too big
- In the messages app, the font size from the threads and messages is not rezied and scaled properly it goes outside from the threads box
- Stock email app is not scaled properly it has a right margin in the main threads about 30%
- Page buddy not scaled ok
+ Multiwindow not working

If someone can post a 240dpi email, pagebuddy, launcher(with min 5x6 apps and resize available) it would be great :D

Top Liked Posts