Is it possible to unlock a Note 3 that has blocked IMEI from ATT?

Search This thread

oskai

Dec 8, 2009
Hi guys,

Got my hands on a note 3 that is now apparently has a bad IMEI... . I was wondering if it is possible to unlock a note 3 from ATT that has a blocked IMEI? I looked through several unlock services online and all of them will not do blocked IMEIs...

If I can unlock it, I can use it outside of the USA.

Your help is much appreciated! Thank you!

[Updates few days later after original post]

So buying a code end up not working... it said "failed"

I decided to root the phone using the "Root De La Vega" method.

And then use Region lock Away and was able to unlock the phone! Now I am using it with Bell Mobility in Canada.

So if anyone in the future end up with a AT&T N900A Note 3 that has a bad IMEI, they can try the method I used.

Hope this helps, thank you!

Last edited:

oskai

Dec 8, 2009
You can sim unlock it and use it on another carrier

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi,
yeah thats what I wanted to do! Just a sim unlock. But several companies say they are unable to provide sim unlock services for phone that has a block IMEI.. However, i think I have found one that is willing to do it!

I will report back if it works... Thank you for replying!

pham818

Dec 4, 2011
Portland
Hi,
yeah thats what I wanted to do! Just a sim unlock. But several companies say they are unable to provide sim unlock services for phone that has a block IMEI.. However, i think I have found one that is willing to do it!

I will report back if it works... Thank you for replying!

use region unlock away app by chain fire to unlock for free.

pham818

Dec 4, 2011
Portland
Will I be able to root it using Chainfire CF auto root? Or i will need to use an alternative method? If so, do you have a recommendation? I am new to this rooting thing...i don't even know what it actually does.

if you are familiar with iOS, rooting is the same thing as jailbreaking basically.

a lot of people have been using Kingo to root theirs. you can ask around for help, but doing do will void your warranty so you might just want to pay for the unlock.

oskai

Dec 8, 2009
if you are familiar with iOS, rooting is the same thing as jailbreaking basically.

a lot of people have been using Kingo to root theirs. you can ask around for help, but doing do will void your warranty so you might just want to pay for the unlock.

Thanks for the tip! yah I probably will just pay for the code since I don't want to screw up the rooting process..

:fingers-crossed:

RobertoLV

Oct 14, 2003
Hi guys,

Got my hands on a note 3 that is now apparently has a bad IMEI... . I was wondering if it is possible to unlock a note 3 from ATT that has a blocked IMEI? I looked through several unlock services online and all of them will not do blocked IMEIs...

And then use Region lock Away and was able to unlock the phone! Now I am using it with Bell Mobility in Canada.

So if anyone in the future end up with a AT&T N900A Note 3 that has a bad IMEI, they can try the method I used.

Hi, have the same Note 3 from AT&T, but the App is not working for me, always ask me for the SIM UNLOCK CODE, do you have the same problem before to work?

gmzshortys

Jan 3, 2013
SO IF I GET A AT&T NOTE 3 BLACK IMEI , BAD IMEI
the chain method will work ?
i need a note 3 to use outside of the US

leo_hacker82

May 21, 2013
hi, i need to unlock note 3 n900w8, but i try with regionlock away and dont work, any one please help me...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,