[Q] Wifi problem on Trickdroid

Search This thread

lonoguge

Apr 27, 2012
I'm currently using an S4 Tmobile One S I can't get a wifi connection on trickdroid version 8.1.0. (I can on version 7.0.0) and I can't get it to work on Viper rom.
I've already tried flashing the Extra partitions 1.84 and 2.35 but neither of them seem to help at all.
so I have a few questions:

1. Is there anyway to use trickdroid version 7 and update the software to sense 4.1 and get android version 4.0.4 without switching to trickdroid version 8?

2. Is there a specific kernel that guarantees that the extra partitions.zip files will fix wifi? Or perhaps changing hboot or radio to stock?

Last edited:

lonoguge

Apr 27, 2012
Ok so I just realized that the trickdroid Rom version 7.0.0 is already based on 4.0.4 and sense 4.1. So I have every thing working but I can't flash the tweak packages with this version without getting a bootloop?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app

jeetp26

Mar 12, 2011
I just got my One S S4 from T-Mobile just 2 days and I rooted it the same day, however right after I unlocked the bootloader, I started getting no signal. I didn't mind and I continued to follow through with the rooting process, and I successfully got root, and then flashed Trickdroid 8.1 and I noticed the same thing.

I couldn't connect to wifi. It would detect the network and I'd put my password for wifi in but it wouldn't connect.

And also, I was getting no signal but I had 4G on..? So basically I could surf the web, and the apps could use mobile data, but I couldn't make calls or send/receive texts. Weird. And this frightened to me because I had just gotten the phone a few hours ago, and so I unrooted and went back to stock.

I would also like help on this issue, as I'm planning to root again, and use a custom ROM. But I would like to know if wifi or signal has any issues

lonoguge

Apr 27, 2012
I just got my One S S4 from T-Mobile just 2 days and I rooted it the same day, however right after I unlocked the bootloader, I started getting no signal. I didn't mind and I continued to follow through with the rooting process, and I successfully got root, and then flashed Trickdroid 8.1 and I noticed the same thing.

I couldn't connect to wifi. It would detect the network and I'd put my password for wifi in but it wouldn't connect.

And also, I was getting no signal but I had 4G on..? So basically I could surf the web, and the apps could use mobile data, but I couldn't make calls or send/receive texts. Weird. And this frightened to me because I had just gotten the phone a few hours ago, and so I unrooted and went back to stock.

I would also like help on this issue, as I'm planning to root again, and use a custom ROM. But I would like to know if wifi or signal has any issues

Did you upgrade to the latest ota from T-Mobile or not? Upgrading guarantees a loss of WiFi and poor signal on many roms so stick with android 4.0.3. I suggest to try trickdroid Rom instead and see if it causes the same WiFi problem.

jeetp26

Mar 12, 2011
Uhm, like I said, I just got the phone a couple days ago, so I'm guessing yes it has the latest update? I think.

Here, I uploaded the pic of my software version...

lonoguge

Apr 27, 2012
Uhm, like I said, I just got the phone a couple days ago, so I'm guessing yes it has the latest update? I think.

Here, I uploaded the pic of my software version...

Yea you do, HTC blocked user rights using this update so the only ROMs that support WiFi and 4g speeds are trickdroid v 7 and I believe black bean. Try flashing extra partitions because it helped most people get their WiFi and data back

jeetp26

Mar 12, 2011
Yea you do, HTC blocked user rights using this update so the only ROMs that support WiFi and 4g speeds are trickdroid v 7 and I believe black bean. Try flashing extra partitions because it helped most people get their WiFi and data back

Ahhhhh. Unless someone finds a way to downgrade, this is the only way for me, right?

So what do you suggest? Rooting for a trickdroid v7 or just staying on stock?

lonoguge

Apr 27, 2012
Ahhhhh. Unless someone finds a way to downgrade, this is the only way for me, right?

So what do you suggest? Rooting for a trickdroid v7 or just staying on stock?

Yea unfortunately :/ i honestly think Trickdroid is better if for no other reason, battery life. Besides that, Trick droid is nearly stock so its up to you.

lonoguge

Apr 27, 2012
If I upgraded to Trickdroid 8 can I flash back to 7 to get wifi back?

Yea, But trick droid 8 may have worse data speeds too, and if you're willing to sacrifice those you may want to try other ROMs. Viper one is a very popular one because of all the customizations. Remember to flash boot.IMG of any ROM you flash or you'll get a boot loop.

just2great

Feb 27, 2011
I'm having the same issue however, I'm having this issue with TrickDroid V7 TMo US. I'm unable to connect to wifi but I was able to connect to wifi on ViperOne S. I switched from ViperOne S to TrickDroid because I would lose the ability to talk and surf once I initiated a call. That alone wasn't a big issue but the call quality would drop as well. It would become grainy and barely intelligible.

What I would like to know is when it's referenced "OTA" and "Upgrade", what version(s) should I NOT have? Current specs are as follows:
Android Version 4.0.4
HTC Sense 4.1
Software Number Trick Droid V7.0.0 TMOUS
HTC SDK API level 4.23
HTC Extension version HTCExtension_403_1_GA_20
Baseband version 0.16.31501S.02_10.18.31501S.08L
Build number 2.35.531.7 CL96068 release -keys
Browser version WebKit/534.30

lonoguge

Apr 27, 2012
I'm having the same issue however, I'm having this issue with TrickDroid V7 TMo US. I'm unable to connect to wifi but I was able to connect to wifi on ViperOne S. I switched from ViperOne S to TrickDroid because I would lose the ability to talk and surf once I initiated a call. That alone wasn't a big issue but the call quality would drop as well. It would become grainy and barely intelligible.

What I would like to know is when it's referenced "OTA" and "Upgrade", what version(s) should I NOT have? Current specs are as follows:
Android Version 4.0.4
HTC Sense 4.1
Software Number Trick Droid V7.0.0 TMOUS
HTC SDK API level 4.23
HTC Extension version HTCExtension_403_1_GA_20
Baseband version 0.16.31501S.02_10.18.31501S.08L
Build number 2.35.531.7 CL96068 release -keys
Browser version WebKit/534.30

before you do anything flash the extra partition files. There's only 2 and if neither work we'll try something else