[FIX]Unauthorized Riff Box error

Search This thread
I'm not to sure where to post such a thread like this and I hope its allowed, and I hope it helps everyone else out.

Alright I had an "Unauthorized Riffbox" but official box sold to me by a vendor that will remain unnamed. The vendor nor Riffbox was helpful in getting it fixed for me. So I found my own solution here and as a matter of fact is hidden and found by mistake on the riffbox servers. Now this worked for me and Im not sure if it will work on ACTUAL clones.

http://riffbox.org/ (without the www.)

Download:
"Jtag Supporter for Riffbox" BUT DO NOT CLICK "FIX SUPPORT" as it overwrites your host file instead of appending to it, so I'm going to give you the info to append to your own HOST file. As my host file was modified to block ads.:angel:

Also, download the latest firmware (1.37) and the "jtag manager 1.49 setup"

All versions 1.50 and up "kill" cloned and some Authorized boxes when the database "mysteriously crashed" and they lost serial numbers.

Anyway, Moving on:

add these three lines to the bottom of your host file found in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\host

212.124.123.206 riffbox.org
212.124.123.206 warrior.riffbox.org
212.124.123.206 runner.riffbox.org

Next, uninstall any version of Riff Box manager you may have installed.

Run Riff Jtag Supporter and click "Chck Support Fixed" to see if your host forwarded correctly. Then click "Get box info" to see if you need to do a firmware update BUT DO NOT UPDATE WITH THIS SOFTWARE! (If you do, you can fix it in the official RIFF Box Manager)

Install Riff Box manager 1.49 and let install drivers, ect. Once you get it opened you should be back up and running with a working Riff Box!

Head over to the "Box Service" tab and update your box's firmware as needed.

In the mean time I'm going to repair a few things and will be back later to answer questions.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
I'm not to sure where to post such a thread like this and I hope its allowed, and I hope it helps everyone else out.

Alright I had an "Unauthorized Riffbox" but official box sold to me by a vendor that will remain unnamed. The vendor nor Riffbox was helpful in getting it fixed for me. So I found my own solution here and as a matter of fact is hidden and found by mistake on the riffbox servers. Now this worked for me and Im not sure if it will work on ACTUAL clones.

Download:
"Jtag Supporter for Riffbox" BUT DO NOT CLICK "FIX SUPPORT" as it overwrites your host file instead of appending to it, so I'm going to give you the info to append to your own HOST file. As my host file was modified to block ads.:angel:

All versions 1.50 and up "kill" cloned and some Authorized boxes when the database "mysteriously crashed" and they lost serial numbers.

Anyway, Moving on:

add these three lines to the bottom of your host file found in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\host

Run Riff Jtag Supporter and click "Chck Support Fixed" to see if your host forwarded correctly. Then click "Get box info" to see if you need to do a firmware update BUT DO NOT UPDATE WITH THIS SOFTWARE! (If you do, you can fix it in the official RIFF Box Manager)

Install Riff Box manager 1.49 and let install drivers, ect. Once you get it opened you should be back up and running with a working Riff Box!

In the mean time I'm going to repair a few things and will be back later to answer questions.

Thanks, this helped me. I have the same problem I have a genuine RIFFBOX over 2 years old but the database says my box is unauthorised! I think this is disgusting treatment when I bought the box in good faith. The author of the software also has a pretty bad attitude towards owners of RIFFBOX.

shtewps

Sep 8, 2008
Toronto
Much appreciated FlyingPoo. Huge save here and your process worked like a charm.

My riff is legit too... can't believe this behavior.

nbkappa

Dec 6, 2008
riff prb

Yes, you will be able to open Jtag Manager and download some dll.s, but as you.ll try to resurect a phone you.ll get the RTCK signal error, and you wont be able to get resurection dll for new phones like Desire 500.

Pls try and reply.

I also found recently that my genuine Riff is avtually a clone...

I was thinking to pa 80 usd for activation, but i wonder whats the hardware differences between genuine and copy Riffs

Thanks

Yes, you will be able to open Jtag Manager and download some dll.s, but as you.ll try to resurect a phone you.ll get the RTCK signal error, and you wont be able to get resurection dll for new phones like Desire 500.

Pls try and reply.

I was thinking to pa 80 usd for activation, but i wonder whats the hardware differences between genuine and copy Riffs

Thanks

I'll look into this and see if I can find the .DLL database so that we may grab DLLs manually as needed.

I'm in the process of reverse engineering the older and newer manager software packages as well as some network traffic package capturing.

daspazz

Mar 26, 2012
H0ust0ned
Thanks I'm in the same boat! Its pissing me off. I've had my riffbox for a long time and I didn't find your post until after I had installed 1.5x manager sw. Now my box is stuck blinking all lights. Any ideas on how to get it to stop. When I run riffmanager 1.48 it can't find my box!

I can't find the files you talked about either!! 8-(

Leave it to XDA to fix someone else's f00kupz!!i found a fix thread and now iim back to trying to update firmware on my box. seems like i can't find the update server1111 ..... sigh

Last edited:

daspazz

Mar 26, 2012
H0ust0ned

Pls try and reply.

Thanks

How did you determine that?

nbkappa

Dec 6, 2008

to know for sure, you'll have to open the box, and check with photo from thread

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f634/my-riff-box-registred-but-can-t-get-user-pass-1800389/

also here : http://forum.legija.net/showthread.php/71592-How-to-open-support-ticket

it seems the photo is from a genuine riff

anyway i bought it for a reasonable price and the reseller it was originally bought from it seems he had sold lots of clones...

so i think is was a copy.

i paid for activation, and will wait activation these days.

if cannot be activated, will open the case, make photos and post here.

daspazz

Mar 26, 2012
H0ust0ned

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f634/my-riff-box-registred-but-can-t-get-user-pass-1800389/

also here : http://forum.legija.net/showthread.php/71592-How-to-open-support-ticket

anyway i bought it for a reasonable price and the reseller it was originally bought from it seems he had sold lots of clones...

I opened mine since the warranty has expired and mine looks to be a genuine board and I finally found the tools above so I was able to flash it up to 1.37 firmware. I've also gotten my serial number from the unit. So Im going to submit for registration. It would be nice to be able to use it completely with the most current jtag manager.....

Thanks for the info guys! I also got a BST Dongle, but the CD that came with it is missing some files so It doesn't work yet. Waiting for Monday in the UK to get a response from the company I bought that from.

Reactions: cmwest

cmwest

Nov 18, 2008
riffbox genuine?

my riffbox inside says jtag box board v 2.1. does that make it a clone?
will upload pics once i unbrick my phone. LOL.

z_thompsonpa

Aug 4, 2014
Austin, TX
Hard to find Links

I just purchased a riff box used and was having problems. Following this guide was a great help. Thanks so much!

I wanted to provide some links to those who are having a hard time finding the resources mentioned by the op:

Support Tool:
Code:
riffbox.org/Downloads/RiffJtagSupport_v101.zip

JTAG Manager 1.49 Full Setup:
Code:
riffbox.org/Downloads/RiffSetup_v149.zip

JTAG Firmware 1.37:
Code:
riffbox.org/Downloads/JTAG_FirmwareV2_137.zip

EXE Only:
Code:
riffbox.org/Downloads/JTAGManagerEXE_v149.zip

At the time of this post the links are correct, but this is subject to change. Good Luck!

ludemon

I recently wanted to use my Riff Box and found that it is now apparently unauthorised and requires me to pay US$80 to get license activation.
As I purchased this box over 2 years ago I now have no record of where I bought it from so can't contact the supplier.
I'm not overjoyed about paying US$80 just to use it very occasionally so was wondering if there is a more up to date way of overcoming this problem.
Can anyone help?

B

Braycel

I recently wanted to use my Riff Box and found that it is now apparently unauthorised and requires me to pay US$80 to get license activation.
As I purchased this box over 2 years ago I now have no record of where I bought it from so can't contact the supplier.
I'm not overjoyed about paying US$80 just to use it very occasionally so was wondering if there is a more up to date way of overcoming this problem.
Can anyone help?

Ask here

http://www.unlockforum.com/forumdisplay.php/riff-jtag-box-support-202.html

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Download:

Anyway, Moving on:

I opened mine since the warranty has expired and mine looks to be a genuine board and I finally found the tools above so I was able to flash it up to 1.37 firmware. I've also gotten my serial number from the unit. So Im going to submit for registration. It would be nice to be able to use it completely with the most current jtag manager.....

Thanks for the info guys! I also got a BST Dongle, but the CD that came with it is missing some files so It doesn't work yet. Waiting for Monday in the UK to get a response from the company I bought that from.