Real VGA

Search This thread

tobias.waldvogel

Nov 2, 2006
This is the new Real VGA release.
With Real VGA you can change the DPI setting and the language of any WM6 base deivce. Install the desired packages and the Real VGA package.
Later on I will release some device specific Add-On to support the programs added by HTC for example.

If you get a warning about missing DLLs report them in the next message in this thread. Please edit this thread instead of posting your own list because otherwise it will be very hard to track.

The DPI packs are available for 96dpi and 128dpi. The new HTC Home plug-in seems to run pretty well in 96dpi :)
The Language packs are available in the next post. If you need any additional language feel free to request them.

Important! Please note that currently they are designed only for ENGLISH OS versions. The may behave unpredictibly under other OS.

- Version 1.1

I just released a new version. If there are some dlls missing for you desired langauge than it tries to make a copy the dlls in your device for the new language. As a result some programs may show up in English but I think this is much better than not working at all. I will prepare additional packs to support all the device specific applications as well but in the meanwhile you will have them at lease in English

If you have used version 1.0 already then please switch once to English and then back to your desired language.

I have included in both DPI packs a fix to close the gap at the bottom of the phone

Attachments

• RealVGA_11.CAB
    19.7 KB · Views: 38,392
  • ResPack128dpi.ARM.CAB
    4.3 MB · Views: 33,388
  • ResPack96dpi.ARM.CAB
    3.5 MB · Views: 34,339
Last edited:
Reactions: kienkua

tobias.waldvogel

Nov 2, 2006
And here are the language packs

And here are the language packs

Attachments

• LangPackESN.ARM.CAB.zip
    932 KB · Views: 6,085
  • LangPackFRA.ARM.CAB.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 6,413
  • LangPackGER.ARM.CAB.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,969
  • LangPackNOR.ARM.CAB.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 661
  • LangPackRUS.ARM.CAB.zip
    749.1 KB · Views: 2,533

Jorry

Dec 2, 2005
Language Packs

Do I understand the language packs correctly?

It means for example if you have installed an english based ROM and install the german language pack all windows dialogs, keyboard layouts and so on are like in a german ROM?

Thanks.

cerk2006

Mar 21, 2007
Great work, looking forward installing it, but... Can you please post pics of all three
dpi's! Thanks!!!!!!

tobias.waldvogel

Nov 2, 2006
Do I understand the language packs correctly?

It means for example if you have installed an english based ROM and install the german language pack all windows dialogs, keyboard layouts and so on are like in a german ROM?

Thanks.

Exactly. After installing the language pack you can switch between the different languages. The packs include also the SIP (input method);)

tobias.waldvogel

Nov 2, 2006

Attachments

• 96dpi.jpg
    96dpi.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 16,913
  • 128dpi.jpg
    128dpi.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 13,855
  • 192dpi.jpg
    192dpi.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 14,351

Empel1960

Mar 7, 2007
Hi Tobias,

Your application works great I just have an issue with a couple of today plugins, in my Axim X50v with WM6 I've installed Today warrior http://personales.ya.com/beemer/todaywarrior1.htm and claunch, both in real vga or qvga looks the same as in real vga because those are vga aware, however when I switch to 128 resolution some elements on Today Warrior and the icons in claunch doesn't show properly, I'm attaching screenshots for the 3 resolutions, thanks in advance for your help

Attachments

• 96.jpg
    96.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 3,095
  • 128.jpg
    128.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 2,150
  • 192.jpg
    192.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 2,435

fatouraee

Oct 20, 2006
Boston
I have some erros with it. for example when i go to clock & alarms it says No Program Memory Avalible. ( it works now )
but i have another problem every time i open media player it freezez. i mean i have to soft reset for it to work

has any one had this problem?

Last edited:

Uwe_K

Aug 28, 2007
Hello Tobias,

works good with ma IPAQ 4700 with kozhura's WM5, thanks a lot ! :) :)

Edit:
EXEL ist never running with GermanLanguageFile, in StartMenu RecentProgramms (zuletzt verwendet) keeps empty.......

Greetings Uwe

Last edited:

PDAMerlin

Jun 11, 2005
ResPack96dpi.ARM.CAB.zip (1.36 MB, 69 views)
ResPack128dpi.ARM.CAB.zip (1.65 MB, 66 views)
RealVGA_11.CAB.zip (8.1 KB, 40 views)

Hi all. New to the VGA devices, just got an Advantage and flashed it to WM6. Want to try RealVGA, but not sure if I need to install all 3 of these files, or just one of them....

Can anyone help?

apd

Dec 8, 2006
London
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Hi all. New to the VGA devices, just got an Advantage and flashed it to WM6. Want to try RealVGA, but not sure if I need to install all 3 of these files, or just one of them....

Can anyone help?

That depends on what you want to use. If you only want to use 128dpi, then you only need RealVGA and the 128dpi cab. Equally, if you want to try the 96 dpi, you need to install that cab.

jsp91470

Mar 17, 2006
San Jose, CA
Still missing some icons...

Spb Pocket Plus is still missing some icons in 128 dpi mode. Otherwise it works great.

Two more small items: I liked the "visual" selection method better, where there was a little thumbnail that showed what that resolution was going to look like-- with a drop-down selection method I have to keep it in my head which resolution does what. Plus, they're not even in order of size in the drop-down.
Finally, how about a program icon for RealVGA? Right now it just has the default blank application icon.

Sorry about the gripes. You've really done a superb job on the whole.

SteveD01

Jul 10, 2007
Las Vegas
Two more small items: I liked the "visual" selection method better, where there was a little thumbnail that showed what that resolution was going to look like-- with a drop-down selection method I have to keep it in my head which resolution does what. Plus, they're not even in order of size in the drop-down.

I also liked the previous "visual" selection system. With the new system I don't see a choice to return to the 96 dpi QVGA mode.

I see the phone skin now reaches the bottom of the screen, but the CommMgr screen is still messed up. (I'm now using one of the Kaiser CommMgr cabs, which displays on only 1/4 of the screen, but provides for clear selection of your choices.)

Overall its a great improvement over the previous true VGA utilities. Thanks for all your work Tobias... I'm loving the 128 dpi mode.

Steve

keithwwalker

Jul 14, 2007
Portland
Works great Tobias!

I am amazed at how you satisfied everyone with different dpi settings, and language packs.

One question, how tall are the 'Start' bar at the top of the screen and lower bar in the 96dpi mode? I am searching the registry but can not locate that setting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the new Real VGA release.
    With Real VGA you can change the DPI setting and the language of any WM6 base deivce. Install the desired packages and the Real VGA package.
    Later on I will release some device specific Add-On to support the programs added by HTC for example.

If you get a warning about missing DLLs report them in the next message in this thread. Please edit this thread instead of posting your own list because otherwise it will be very hard to track.

The DPI packs are available for 96dpi and 128dpi. The new HTC Home plug-in seems to run pretty well in 96dpi :)
    The Language packs are available in the next post. If you need any additional language feel free to request them.

Important! Please note that currently they are designed only for ENGLISH OS versions. The may behave unpredictibly under other OS.

- Version 1.1

I just released a new version. If there are some dlls missing for you desired langauge than it tries to make a copy the dlls in your device for the new language. As a result some programs may show up in English but I think this is much better than not working at all. I will prepare additional packs to support all the device specific applications as well but in the meanwhile you will have them at lease in English

If you have used version 1.0 already then please switch once to English and then back to your desired language.

I have included in both DPI packs a fix to close the gap at the bottom of the phone