[ROM] Cyanogenmod 7.2 (Updated: 2/10/12)

Search This thread

kabell4

Feb 8, 2011
Anyone else have problems with boot loops after flashing this ROM? I tried for about an hour, then went back to n260.

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App

mikelebz

Aug 18, 2010
Anyone else have problems with boot loops after flashing this ROM? I tried for about an hour, then went back to n260.

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App

did you wipe cache and dalvik?

EDIT: P.S. did you flash anything else while flashing this ROM? I used to flash a custom lock screen and occasionally that caused boot loops because it was incompatible with the new ROM for some reason.

Last edited:

benbailey84

Sep 13, 2011
Summerdale, AL
I flashed over 7.1 stable and had no problems except it wouldn't connect to wifi.
Thanks... I am waiting for ics to become more stable. then goodbye gingerbread...

dagwud

Oct 20, 2009
By the way, CM7.1 did not have the problem. The change was made sometime after CM7.1 final and before nightly build 260. The "liberty-cm-reverted-src-gps-signed.zip" file that ladios posted brings the GPS libs back in line with how they were in CM7.1 final.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but CM7.1 did have a GPS problem on my Aria. The GPS started off fine with 7.1. But its performance degraded, so I flashed the stock libraries ladios provided. I'm not saying the problem was widespread, but I certainly experienced it. And the stock libraries fixed it.

By "degraded," I mean that, eventually, the GPS wouldn't lock on even after 15 minutes of unobstructed access to the sky.

(And yes, I'm sure I wasn't running a nightly. I haven't updated since the release of 7.1 final).

crxlvr

Jan 24, 2011
New York
i flashed this rom onto my aria, and now every so often i get a total freeze when i need to do a battery pull, and the very rare reboot occurs. the only thing i have changed about this rom was the over clocking speed. I put minimum to 768 and max 787 with my governor on performance. i prefer performance as I do not care about battery life, id rather faster speeds. anyone else getting these problems?

mikelebz

Aug 18, 2010
i flashed this rom onto my aria, and now every so often i get a total freeze when i need to do a battery pull, and the very rare reboot occurs. the only thing i have changed about this rom was the over clocking speed. I put minimum to 768 and max 787 with my governor on performance. i prefer performance as I do not care about battery life, id rather faster speeds. anyone else getting these problems?

That's probably your issue there....keeping the processor running that fast/hot at all times is bound to freeze up. Keep in mind that this processor stock maxes out at 600...

I have mine set on smartass from 200-806 and never had a freeze up and it is pretty damn snappy

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
I cannot speak for anyone else, but CM7.1 did have a GPS problem on my Aria. The GPS started off fine with 7.1. But its performance degraded, so I flashed the stock libraries ladios provided. I'm not saying the problem was widespread, but I certainly experienced it. And the stock libraries fixed it.

By "degraded," I mean that, eventually, the GPS wouldn't lock on even after 15 minutes of unobstructed access to the sky.

(And yes, I'm sure I wasn't running a nightly. I haven't updated since the release of 7.1 final).

Yeah, none of the GPS libs are perfect. Different people have had issues with all of them, including the stock ones. However, the version that is currently in the repository (that is included with n260 and the CM7.2 KANG ROMs posted in this thread) seems to be the worst in that people have problems with it immediately (including me).

Honestly I never had the issues with the stock GPS libs that other people reported back before the newer ones were introduced.

cHarley04

Dec 21, 2010
FloriDuh

As I recall, setting the governor to Performance forces the cpu to the max speed setting. Same as setting both the min and max to 787.

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
As I recall, setting the governor to Performance forces the cpu to the max speed setting. Same as setting both the min and max to 787.

Yes, it does, but if you did set the min and max to the same frequencies (on a different governor), the kernel would still have to check the frequency continuously. Having it on performance removes that.

quadzilla122

Aug 29, 2009
Miami, FL
This might have been answered on another thread but I can't seem to find an answer. Ever since I started using CM6 OR CM7 I couldn't download MMS messages. I get the message and I can see it's a Jpeg or something attached, I just can't download it. I've tried downloading it on a messaging app and the one that comes with CM7. Any settings wrong?

bigfoot7375

Sep 30, 2010
I found a bug on this:
When getting an mail (GMail), try sliding the notification to the right
On my Aria the whole notification get "stuck"
clear / notification power widget doesn't work any more till reboot

Cosmo123

May 19, 2010
I found a bug on this:
When getting an mail (GMail), try sliding the notification to the right
On my Aria the whole notification get "stuck"
clear / notification power widget doesn't work any more till reboot

I have almost the same problem with the notification bar, except in my case it occurs when Titanum Backup finishes an action and reports that in the notification bar. When I try to slide it away it freezes just like bigfoot7375 described. I attached a screenshot

Attachments

• shot_000001.png
    shot_000001.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 273

epiteto

Jan 24, 2009
Venice
I have almost the same problem with the notification bar, except in my case it occurs when Titanum Backup finishes an action and reports that in the notification bar. When I try to slide it away it freezes just like bigfoot7375 described. I attached a screenshot

Same bug in notification bar while try to slide away missed call. 1 time over 100 ....

E

E.Cadro

Been running this since Sunday with drownings 8.9.2a kernel & reverted gps without any problems also just tested missed call, titanium back up and gmail notifications and swiped away with out issue. So maybe isolated instances. ;)

Sent from wherever I am?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmo123

May 19, 2010
Been running this since Sunday with drownings 8.9.2a kernel & reverted gps without any problems also just tested missed call, titanium back up and gmail notifications and swiped away with out issue. So maybe isolated instances. ;)

Sent from wherever I am?

Yes I noticed that those are very isolated instances which makes it very hard to track. I haven't been able to reproduce this behavior. It doesn't happen a lot but if it does its very annoying because of the necessary reboot.

Edit: I've noticed that every time I reboot mobile data is reset to "off". Anybody else having that problem? Would be great if somebody could check that before I start looking into it...concerning all those apps I have installed ;)

Last edited:

hi2u2

Jul 7, 2010
San Francisco

I can confirm this bug too. But it has been fixed with a commit earlier today.

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,11989

Can we please get an update to the latest? Thank you!

WinSuk

Jan 18, 2011
winsuk.net
Oh snap! ICS animations (including rotation animation) have been backported to CM7!
I can upload a build if that's OK with dustinhayes93...

Top Liked Posts