lrwxrwxrwx root root 2012-04-21 09:40 DE2 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p9
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2012-04-21 09:40 FLX -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2012-04-21 09:40 LNX -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2012-04-21 09:40 MSC -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p5
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2012-04-21 09:40 SOS -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2012-04-21 09:40 UDA -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2012-04-21 09:40 USP -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
app_115@android:/ $

excellent! I'll be able to add full support to Acer recovery installer as soon as its confirmed that the bootloader is unlockable.

Do 'adb reboot bootloader' then 'fastboot oem unlock' and see if you get the unlock screen. If that doesn't work, it might be possible to flash the a200 bootloader then unlock it.

Any idea what bootloader version this has?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

BENETNATH

Jan 7, 2011
'adb reboot bootloader'
reboot and gives
"Bootloader v0.04.01-ICS: Starting fastboot USB Download protocol"

'fastboot oem unlock'
gives
a warning message from Acer and the possibility to unlock the bootloader directly by using Vol-

Last edited:

disflux

Apr 16, 2012
I'm seriously in love with this thing.
I've never had an android tablet before, I've played with people's ipads. I've owned two iphones, and a rooted nook color. I have a samsung admire laying around.
It's like every complaint I had about the nook color was taken into consideration and squashed out of this thing.
The touchscreen is superbly responsive. The screen is bright and the colors look perfect, not over-saturated like on an ipad (a thing that bothers me about everything that apple makes). The wifi so far works great in my apartment, but I haven't had the chance to sit down with it at locations in which i know there are weak open networks available.
The gps is superbly fast. Way faster than my iphone. It actually got a lock on my location within 4 seconds of opening up the maps application.

Oh yeah, and browsing on this: twice as fast as that netbook I have laying around (Asus 1215n).

Last edited:
Reactions: mr.bryce

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Dumb question but does this Acer A510 have full access to gameloft games? I'm asking cos my Transformer doesnt.. I have to resort to looking for modded apk's online

Not a dumb question. Id like to know as well. I have a transformer prime and it sucks with gameloft compatibility. Thinking about switching.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

aamir123

Dec 24, 2010
Can someone tell me how the stylus reacts with this tablet? Is writing notes smooth? accurate?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA

Reactions: mr.bryce

deviouskater

Jun 11, 2010
When the screen turns off. Has anybody encountered the wholle device just turning off after an hour or so in sleep mode.
(I think I fixed it I went in to app settings and disabled the virus scanner). This tablet is awesome. I like it way better then the transformer prime. Super fast, Wifi signal strong. GPS signal is strong, has two speakers big difference, HDMI outputs stereo and not mono like the prime, USB host works great.

Sent from my Supersonic w/ CM7.1 using XDA Forum Premium

Last edited:

gaetanolip

Jan 23, 2007
Can you check if microphone works fine (for example using skype ), in a500 it is bad...

Inviato dal mio Transformer TF101 con Tapatalk 2

shmax

Aug 31, 2010
problems with new A510

Hi,
Yesterday I received my Acer A510.
Device is working pretty well, however after unpacking I found manufacturing build defects.
- Silver line(side cover), above power button is clicking (can be pressed, and moves about 1 mm).
- Side cover over hdmi port has side backlash. (moves from 1mm side to side)
Is it common problem between Acer A510 devices, or I'm lucky to get badly built device?
Also I have dent on microSD slot cover, which also was there when device left the factory.

experto1

Feb 8, 2009
Can you check if microphone works fine (for example using skype ), in a500 it is bad...

Inviato dal mio Transformer TF101 con Tapatalk 2

Checked microfone using skype: functioning well, maybe little quiet but usable.

Has anybody noticed bad pixels? I have heard that several devices came with bad pixels and some became more worse after some time.

My device is fine and I am very happy with it but I am afraid that overheating might cause artefacts or bad pixels.

Reactions: gaetanolip
Checked microfone using skype: functioning well, maybe little quiet but usable.

Has anybody noticed bad pixels? I have heard that several devices came with bad pixels and some became more worse after some time.

My device is fine and I am very happy with it but I am afraid that overheating might cause artefacts or bad pixels.

I have no bad pixels on mine, and overheating isn't an issue, it does get a bit warm when charging or being used for long periods, but so does every other device out there when being charged or intensively used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had this problem as well. When I put the a510 in a case the entire bottom half of the screen became unresponsive. In a stand, same thing. As soon as I picked up the tablet it was back to normal.

There IS a simple fix.

You have all probably tried changing the screen sensitivity in settings - this DOES work - problem is it doesn't work for the reason you think. The problem Is not screen sensitivity. I think it is that the touch sensor isn't initializing when the tablet is booted up.

When you change the settings in screen sensitivity it forces the touch panel to initialize - ie start up correctly, which it isn't doing on a reboot. The actual setting I don't think really matters.

Try this - reboot your tablet and then lay it flat on the table - or put it on a stand or in a case - you'll notice that the lower half of the screen becomes insensitive just like in the video.

Now, pick up the tablet, go into settings, and change the screen sensitivity from whatever it is to another setting ie medium to high or high to medium. Exit the menu, then go back in and change it again to whatever setting you prefer.

You have forced the touch sensor to initialize. Now put your tablet on the table or in a stand or case and you'll notice that the screen works normally. The bottom menus work fine.

BUT you must repeat this after every - reboot or the problem will return, because on reboot the touch sensor will again not start properly. Basically, it looks like you have to manually start up the touch sensor on this tablet - can't imagine how a problem this severe got overlooked.

On the good side, my tablet has been working fine in between reboots if I just follow these steps.

Oh, incidently, the fact that this fix works every single time for me, indicates that this likely is not a hardware problem. If the screen can be made to work correctly, then it CAN work - if Acer gets around to releasing a software fix for it.
    wifi was working well, but did not have time to bench it
    GPS no time for that now too,
    will keep you updated

FYI, an hard reset gave me a better stability ..:confused:
    Just found this in another thread... good to know:

Just so everyone knows, this root kit also works on the new Iconia A510.
    I just got my Acer Iconia A510 from Amazon this morning and decided to install the USB drivers and tried this rooting kit and low and behold I got full root access. :D:D:D:p:p:p

Thanks ZeroNull!!!!

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25036001&postcount=93
    yep, but no internet access currently
    for now, antutu gave me same scoring, but once was higher (around 10k)

i found that connecting my tab to the pc, then disconnecting it without unmount, gives me a really unstable tab..

anyway, the global feeling is that this tab will go back to acer, it's not stable at all,
    i miss my A501..
    i thought i could have a really powerful tab, instead of that i've got a buggy tab..