[Q] Unlock Bootloader For RUU 4.2.2 HTC ONE X

Search This thread

thatkidzac

Aug 6, 2012
My bootloader is tampered but locked and i desperatly need to unlock it , i have temp root from weaksause app and that it. i tryed hexing and tryed programs from before 4.2.2. i was wondering if i do a factory reset on the phone will it turn back to 4.1.2 since i ruu'ed it to 4.2.2 ?

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Don't reset in boot loader. Adds probs

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

Um. Tampered does mean unlocked

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Don't reset in boot loader. Adds probs

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

Um. Tampered does mean unlocked

Tampered doesn't mean unlocked.

My bootloader is tampered but locked and i desperatly need to unlock it , i have temp root from weaksause app and that it. i tryed hexing and tryed programs from before 4.2.2. i was wondering if i do a factory reset on the phone will it turn back to 4.1.2 since i ruu'ed it to 4.2.2 ?

Do you have the at&t model? Factory resetting won't roll back the RUU, it'll only wipe user data.

Sent from my Evita

thatkidzac

Aug 6, 2012
even if there is an downgrade would be helpful i had 4.1.2 before but no root programs worked then i just ruu'ed to see if it would work nd didnt :(

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
There's no way for you to unlock your bootloader, because there's no exploit for you to get SuperCID on the latest at&t update. You should have unlocked before you took the update. All it would have taken while you were on 4.1.2 was some research to find the exploit for that specific firmware, which does exist and does work, but now that you've taken the update there's no way for you to roll back. Sorry, but you're stuck.

Sent from my Evita

Top Liked Posts